Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
niyaminski

Singing Section Updates

Any updates small or big that @Union FS or others may have with regards to the section.

Heard from the stadium atmosphere thread that a request was made to extend the section in size for the Brum cup game - was wondering why this was declined?

Edited by niyaminski

32 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Asked for a central spot for Birmingham - declined

Asked for an expanded area for Birmingham - tentative agreement in place but then later declined

Section sold out before any other areas of the South stand

Trying to get a review in place ASAP of how they feel the "trial" is going on light of the manager's recent comments.

Any reason given?

9 minutes ago, bmt said:

Any reason given?

Sales in that area weren't great during the ST exclusive period (they were about the same take up rate as the rest of the stadium mind) so they were unsure of the "demand". Then like I say it was one of the first areas to sell out once it opened to members/general.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Permanent central spot needs to become of paramount importance in my opinion. Try and push them on that more them on anything.

Id love us to get that spot but reading between the lines with them knocking back the request for it in the cup, I think its not in the clubs plans.

Fingers crossed we can change that mind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Asked for a central spot for Birmingham - declined

Asked for an expanded area for Birmingham - tentative agreement in place but then later declined

Section sold out before any other areas of the South stand

Trying to get a review in place ASAP of how they feel the "trial" is going on light of the manager's recent comments.

What comments? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Id love us to get that spot but reading between the lines with them knocking back the request for it in the cup, I think its not in the clubs plans.

Any news on safe standing?

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Club are likely under considerable pressure to make concrete plans now. If we go back up we'd be in the minority of teams that don't have it. 

Pressure due to the number of clubs having implemented it already? 

Or other pressure?

45 minutes ago, stillwater said:

Move the singing section to P section would make sense make more atmosphere next to the away fans, look how noisy Cov were next to us the other week 

That'll be once in a blue moon for them. It was their biggest game for years. There's no chance that same section's like that week in, week out when they're playing Rotherham, Preston etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Asked for a central spot for Birmingham

SK2 I assume?

Assuming we lose to Bournemouth, or win and get an away draw, the next time that’d be able to trial moving central would be pre-season. And no one gives a shit about that anyway. Really annoying that is.

10 hours ago, niyaminski said:

SK2 I assume?

Assuming we lose to Bournemouth, or win and get an away draw, the next time that’d be able to trial moving central would be pre-season. And no one gives a shit about that anyway. Really annoying that is.

Yeah smack in the middle, top half.

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah smack in the middle, top half.

problem with top half is the usual suspects will just fill up the bottom half and everyone else will surround them. At least with it being the bottom half everyone behind has to choose whether or not they want to stand behind people singing

20 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

It would be good. But imagine that’s where a huge core of season ticket holders are. 

14 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It is, the most bored and tired ST holders

Yes we are bored and tired of the attitude we are not vocal. We don't happy clap. We don't get behind the team we are second class, compared to you marvellous superb all singing wonder supporters.

We are all fans we have different options and views but they are all valid

"If said I thought the singing sections were all under 25 drunk and annoying

Just imagine the abuse I would get"

The statement in quotation marks is not a real opinion but a scenario so please don't get heated over it.

The part not in quotation marks is an opinion so open for discussion.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Motty said:

Yes we are bored and tired of the attitude we are not vocal. We don't happy clap. We don't get behind the team we are second class, compared to you marvellous superb all singing wonder supporters.

The statement in quotation marks is not a real opinion but a scenario so please don't get heated over it.

I haven't heard a song from SK2 since the title winning season

21 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Sales in that area weren't great during the ST exclusive period (they were about the same take up rate as the rest of the stadium mind) so they were unsure of the "demand". Then like I say it was one of the first areas to sell out once it opened to members/general.

Think the uptake in interest will be much bigger next season! Me and my mate have already swapped into the area and will

be there in a couple of games!

38 minutes ago, Motty said:

Bored and tired of the truth?