Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

VAR in the championship

7 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Can you imagine being subjected to some kind of VAR review after Mavididi's late winner yesterday? Instead it was a pure moment of unbridled joy, in the full knowledge that the goal was going to stand. What a sh*t show of a rule, totally ruining those special moments that make it all worth while. We are fighting hard to get into the top tier, such a shame that when we do get there we'll be back to worrying whether any goal we score will actually stand.

Well the first goal would certainly not have stood 

And we might have seen faes sent off  (and I know vards was held back but that wasn’t even given as a free kick so v doubtful the var would get involved there ) 

and it’s just possible we’d have seen a review for JJ being held back 

this season has taught us that just as we all knew. officials  make mistakes and you won some and you lose some 

and the upside of celebrating a goal is so much better than the downside of bad calls. 

but I’m sure that the owners of PL clubs dont see it that way (most of them arent fans like we are) and as such, var is here to stay. 

• Like 1

Doesn't it cost a lot to install? Given the EFL endlessly bang on about little money their clubs have you would think expensive luxuries wouldn't be considered.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well the first goal would certainly not have stood 

And we might have seen faes sent off  (and I know vards was held back but that wasn’t even given as a free kick so v doubtful the var would get involved there ) 

and it’s just possible we’d have seen a review for JJ being held back 

this season has taught us that just as we all knew. officials  make mistakes and you won some and you lose some 

and the upside of celebrating a goal is so much better than the downside of bad calls. 

but I’m sure that the owners of PL clubs dont see it that way (most of them arent fans like we are) and as such, var is here to stay. 

The hairs-width offsides do my head in. There's no inherent advantage to an attacker in being a few mm offside 30 secs before a goal is scored.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CheeseHead said:

The hairs-width offsides do my head in. There's no inherent advantage to an attacker in being a few mm offside 30 secs before a goal is scored.

Especially when the attackers move back into an onside position, which Daka did. I know the letter of the law sees it differently but there is a good reason why at the time no one complained about Dakas position. VAR doesn’t really benefit the game in this situation. 

37 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

If we had VAR in the championship this season we would have been promoted by now.

bang on mate. not bias in old age but we have been turned down for free kicks and pens too many times , did like it esply at cup final , dream moment chillwells face hahaha BUT its been great without it this season despite what you say and i agree with wil.

I've deliberately avoided watching any Premier League matches this season, so I (almost) forgot just how bad VAR is.   In yesterday's Rangers/Celtic match, a couple of incidents summed it up perfectly.

First the ref gets a real-time decision right by booking Rangers's Fabio Silva, when he dived trying to get a penalty.  But then VAR gets into its act, and says there may have been "contact".   Ref gets sent to the pitchside monitor, showing slow-motion replays apparently proving there was "contact" (even though the player was on his way down even before any miniscule contact).   Penalty.   Rescind the yellow card.   Change the correct decision into the wrong one!

A few minutes later, Rangers score an equaliser.  The place goes absolutely berserk.  The camera stand is shaking like an earthquake has struck.   The sort of moment that makes this sh*t game worth watching.   Like our Mavididi getting a late winner.   But hold on.   Apparently a foul was committed half an hour earlier, sometime in the build-up.   So forget all that explosion of passion.   It was a waste of effort.   As you were lads.

Yep, VAR is still as sh*t as it always was, and always will be.

• Like 2