Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Quorndon_Fox

Trophy Parade

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

At a rough guess I'd suspect Dan Bates reads this site, as part of his job if nothing else. 

I hope Dan knows that a lot of people felt the comment from Vards was in poor taste and enjoy that  he's filming it for us on our behalf, not for himself nor Vards. 

It's a mini lesson for us all I guess in the old phrase 'never meet your heroes' 

I know Dan and he found it funny 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bmt said:

I know Dan and he found it funny 

He will know what he is getting from Vardy and they known each other a while. Didn’t come across well but this has been overblown. 

19 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

He even cracked a smile at one point.

image.png.48646065b390dc7619a33fb661bd5fde.png

Poor sod had to duck under the bridges. We nearly lost all our investment as the bus sped down Narborough Road under the Gouranga bridge in a rush to get to the start of the parade. 

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

Poor sod had to duck under the bridges. We nearly lost all our investment as the bus sped down Narborough Road under the Gouranga bridge in a rush to get to the start of the parade. 

Actually footage of Rudkin driving Souttar to the parade…IMG_5401.gif.57163baa1c729158f592729c6e149214.gif

• Haha 1

On 06/05/2024 at 01:13, STUHILL said:

I think it is pretty obvious where you are going with this, and I've got no issue with that. Everyone should say what they feel. 

I would just add, try not to forget that the 'something special' you describe, actually came about because of King Power - The Premier League miracle win, Champions League, the FA Cup win, the 2 Championship promotions, Seagrave and a number of fantastic players joining over those years - All done under King Power and their financial backing.

You only have to look at so many other clubs, the vast majority actually, to see how fortunate we have been with KP. 

Yes, they have made mistakes along the way and last season being the most costly by far, but we bounced straight back where many others have failed. 

I am probably going to agree with you on some things, and do want Top to get rid of Rudkin and bring in someone to not only take over his role, but also be competent enough that Top himself can take a slight step back too, and allow the club to have a reset in the way it is run. 

So yes, have and enjoy your upcoming rant at King Power, but please do so with recognition that they have also greatly contributed to our greatest ever achievements. The parade and celebration stuff in general has been a bit of a shambles, but lets not get too carried away and announce the death of the club over it. 

EDIT: You may not even be heading that way, so this post might not even be for you. I just think there is a mood in here tonight that is a bit OTT and it feels so strange that after everything we have achieved, there is so much negativity towards the club. They get things wrong, but the things they have gotten right have given me days and moments I never ever thought I would have being a Leicester fan.

You’ve read me wrong, STUHILL, I’m afraid. I do have some opinions on the ownership of the club, and I’ll gladly share these with you but that wasn’t what I was thinking.

I was more thinking about the departure of Vardy and Albrighton coupled with another promotion. When we went up under Pearson it was off the back of a good few seasons of relationship building. Instead of transient playing squads that included - but were not limited to - the likes of Stephen Hughes, Gareth Williams, Danny Tiatto, Peter Canero and so on we seemed to find ourselves with the generation of a spine. Instead of players just turning out and playing we had players COMMITTING. They wanted to be here and seemed to hold genuine affection for the club. This lead to a decade of recruitment and retention of a playing - and coaching - staff that seemed to buy into the values of the club and the community.

We had some real success and the backdrop of this was players that seemed to love the club and enjoy playing for us. We built a culture and it was wonderful. It was like the O’Niell years but with even more success and better players.

Saturday - and Sunday - saw, basically, the last vestiges of Vichai’s dream. Vardy and Albrighton look set to leave and we’re again promoted but this time set against a backdrop of unrest and dischord. The players, whilst some are likeable, don’t seem to be fully committed to us. We’ve got plenty walking out of the door as testament to that. Fatuwu and Winks are definitely exceptions though. It seems like the hierarchy of the club (and crucially I don’t mean Top here) aren’t aligned with the fans at all. It seems like we’ve made a retrograde step in terms of delivering football matches to something scripted and sanitised.

In short, it seems like a culture shift has taken place and I feel distanced from it as a result. It might be I’m spoiled by the success of the past. It might be that I’m older and more disenfranchised because of it. But that’s how I see it. It’s a contrast. 

My thoughts on Top/Thai ownership I’ll post in the relevant thread. It seems weird and telling that you thought it was my intention. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

My thoughts on Top/Thai ownership I’ll post in the relevant thread. It seems weird and telling that you thought it was my intention. 

Hence my EDIT shortly after, as I thought I could well have misinterpreted your post. Although, you posted in other topics as well, which led me to think you were talking about King Power. My mistake. 

I agree that the spine of the team has all but gone, with only Vardy likely remaining and I know you don't mean in terms of what they do on the pitch, but also how they have taken the club and fans to heart. I'd add KDH, Hamza and McAteer to your list though, as they seem to genuinely love playing here. I do believe that KDH may have rejected a move to Brighton because of that (still just a rumour though). 

We were absolutely blessed with the characters we bought in over the years, and have struggled to replicate that in our recruitment ever since. However, part of the reason these players formed such a bond with the club and fans, is that they were successful, ridiculously so. You can't underestimate how much of a bond is formed when players share success with the club and fans.

Although winning the Championship this season, is somewhat brushed aside by some, we will likely still benefit from that success in terms of players bonding with the club and fans. Fatuwa is a great example of that. He has been a joy to celebrate each success with and I think he will be skipping into the meeting to sign for us this summer. 

Personally, I am not buying into the doom and gloom we have seen on here the last week or so. I absolutely miss the squad from 2015/16 and all those characters that maximised their ability and then some! But, I am also not willing to write this club off either and think that we can't find new characters that we all bond with. As you say, Harry Winks for example - I have loved hearing him say that this is the best time in his career and gush about our club. There are a handful more too. We just need to recruit more of them. 

As you said, we built a culture under O'Neil, we built another one under Pearson, which coupled with success, helped solidify that bond with fans. In between those eras, there was absolute dross. Far worse than what we have experienced lately. There is absolutely no reason why we can't build that type of culture again in the future.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Is the trophy engraved with the winners name? Base looks small and we feature quite often. Not seen any photos :dunno:

Can just about make us out on there 

a-view-of-the-sky-bet-championship-trophy-during-the-efl-201819-pre-season-media-event-at-meadow-lane-nottingham-PC81HD~2.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, foxile5 said:

You’ve read me wrong, STUHILL, I’m afraid. I do have some opinions on the ownership of the club, and I’ll gladly share these with you but that wasn’t what I was thinking.

I was more thinking about the departure of Vardy and Albrighton coupled with another promotion. When we went up under Pearson it was off the back of a good few seasons of relationship building. Instead of transient playing squads that included - but were not limited to - the likes of Stephen Hughes, Gareth Williams, Danny Tiatto, Peter Canero and so on we seemed to find ourselves with the generation of a spine. Instead of players just turning out and playing we had players COMMITTING. They wanted to be here and seemed to hold genuine affection for the club. This lead to a decade of recruitment and retention of a playing - and coaching - staff that seemed to buy into the values of the club and the community.

We had some real success and the backdrop of this was players that seemed to love the club and enjoy playing for us. We built a culture and it was wonderful. It was like the O’Niell years but with even more success and better players.

Saturday - and Sunday - saw, basically, the last vestiges of Vichai’s dream. Vardy and Albrighton look set to leave and we’re again promoted but this time set against a backdrop of unrest and dischord. The players, whilst some are likeable, don’t seem to be fully committed to us. We’ve got plenty walking out of the door as testament to that. Fatuwu and Winks are definitely exceptions though. It seems like the hierarchy of the club (and crucially I don’t mean Top here) aren’t aligned with the fans at all. It seems like we’ve made a retrograde step in terms of delivering football matches to something scripted and sanitised.

In short, it seems like a culture shift has taken place and I feel distanced from it as a result. It might be I’m spoiled by the success of the past. It might be that I’m older and more disenfranchised because of it. But that’s how I see it. It’s a contrast. 

All the indications are that Vardy is staying though??

• Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 09:19, Foxin_Mad said:

Just a note to those who whinge about the players standing in front of the Kop for ages.

Ever consider its because most of you Rude feckers piss off back to your SUV most home games on 85 minutes! SK1 are always mostly there till the end trying to make some noise! Damn right I'd celebrate in front of them.

Next year make some noise and worry less about getting back to your cars leaving an entertainment venue half empty, and the entertainers in front of a few. Then they might come and celebrate with you. 

I’m in H1, get into the ground early, watch the warm up from the Keepers coming out, sing the songs, always stay til the end, always clap the players off. The majority of fans in my section stay until the end and clap the players off.

There’s been a noticeable attention focus by Enzo and the team on celebrating more with SK1 due to the excellent work of UFS this season and I think that’s deserved. BUT, the team and Enzo need to make sure that the rest of the fans aren’t left out, I’ve certainly noticed less interest in players walking past even our section as this season has continued and we are close to SK1. Great that SK1 gets special attention, no probs, but don’t forget the rest of us. 

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

All the indications are that Vardy is staying though??

I've got no ****ing Clue man.

I think the Rudkin comment was unprofessional and could have really compromised himself. I would not have said that. 

However, I'm not Jamie Vardy.

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

441159145_890840823053828_89217241823988

MyLeicester  · 

Follow
  · 

Clock Tower post LCFC parade ⚽️
📸: @autofocusphoto

Clearly not biodegradable and therefore that won’t align with the “take further steps towards offsetting our environmental impact”  that the club raised with the £25 card fiasco!

it’s almost like they were talking complete BS…