Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team?

61 members have voted

1. 1. Sylla or Impey

• Momo Sylla
    • Andy Impey

Oh dear.......

I would take the Impey MON signed, his debut at Coventry when we drew 1-1 with 10 men and a Heskey late equaliser, is to this day still one of the best debut's I have seen in a City shirt. I think only Iwan Roberts beats him.

Also for me Impey was an unsung hero, he was always a 7/10 in the player ratings, he wasn't spectacular but he was consistent and performed a vital role.

Momo Sylla has all the ability in the world and for some reason he won't produce it on a Saturday, he is a true enigma.

No thanks on both counts.

Spurs have about a million good youngsters. Surely they have a good right winger we could 'borrow' for a bit?

Aaron Lennon, Wayne Routledge to name a couple. I'd have Impey over Sylla ANY day of the week, at least Impey tracked back.

Andy Impey used to be a decent player under MON. He used to get to the by-line and put some decent balls into the box for TC and Heskey. Sylla hardly ever takes the ball to the by-line! He tries to cross the ball from deep and it usually drifts away aimlessly.

Sylla. Impey was half decent under O'Neill but then became awful and had no redeeming qualities. Even though he had a good attitude he just wasn't good enough for me. Sylla may be a lazy ba*tard but he has the potential to create chances and unlock defences, whereas Impey never did.

Impey tracked back because most of the time that was his role as in a wingback, he had no fullback behind him.

Sylla may not be perfect but he has a lot of skill, as for him tracking back, yes he should to a degree but he does have a fullback behind him as well as other defenders. If he's forever tracking back he's less likely than ever to get forward and to the goal-line.

Like most out and out wingers their level of involvement is more down to the defenders and midfielders providing him with the ball, I'd much rather see Sylla out on the wing than trying carry out defensive duties, but then if he doesn't get passed to he's considered lazy and disinterested.

Having said all that the balance is not right there are still times when he should be defending and isn't.

How in gods name is Sylla winning this poll???

Absolute shocker!!

Granted, Impey wasn't the greatest player in the world, but MON deemed him good enough to pull on a shirt week in week out in the PREMIERSHIP. Sylla shouldn't even be operating in the Championship.

Just because Impey lost his way a bit after MON left (the same could be said of some others too), we shouldn't forget that he was an important part of what will be considered one of our greatest sides ever.

Sylla, he has a lot of talent he just needs to put in the work ethic like a certain Mr. Williams, lets not forget Impey is well past it now aswell...

Yea but we're talking about when they're at there best... Impey always ALWAYS played to his whereas Sylla simply doesn't

Archived