Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Why levein deserves more time

Ok, I'll just assume that TPH has a few good candidates in his head.

If there's no one out there better than CL who would come here then we might aswell all pack it in now and give up all hope !

Of course there's lots of people better infact I bet most managers couldn't do a lot worse at the moment !

Ok, I'll just assume that TPH has a few good candidates in his head.

I personally would look at..

Mike Newell (Luton)

Penney (Doncaster)

Allen (Brentford)

Possibly even the chap at Barnsley, I forget his name.

All of these managers have organised sides who WIN games.

There are many more who I feel would do a better job than Levein.

But if you'd rather just assume, then assume away. Please do it quietly though.

I personally would look at..

Mike Newell (Luton)

Penney (Doncaster)

Allen (Brentford)

Possibly even the chap at Barnsley, I forget his name.

All of these managers have organised sides who WIN games.

There are many more who I feel would do a better job than Levein.

But if you'd rather just assume, then assume away. Please do it quietly though.

I think it's Andy Ritchie at Barnsley.

0,,10309~2719469,00.jpg

What about the people at Brentford (Martin Allen), Swansea (Colin Pascoe), Huddersfield (Peter Jackson), Southend (Steve Tilson)?

I think it's Andy Ritchie at Barnsley.

0,,10309~2719469,00.jpg

What about the people at Brentford (Martin Allen), Swansea (Colin Pascoe), Huddersfield (Peter Jackson), Southend (Steve Tilson)?

Yes- Andy Ritchie.

The board would obviously have to give them the old once over in the interview.

I feel we need someone with a bit of energy about them to bring some energy and belief back to the place.

The nucleus of the squad is alright - it certainly needs some juggling round the edges but with belief, motivation and a decent game plan, I think we could see a rise up the table.

I feel we need someone with a bit of energy about them to bring some energy and belief back to the place.

The nucleus of the squad is alright - it certainly needs some juggling round the edges but with belief, motivation and a decent game plan, I think we could see a rise up the table.

This season or the next?

I don't think we will go down( although based on current form we might ) , we are a poor side and our performances are way below our expectations but there are worse sides in the league . Crewe , Millwall , Sheff Wed , Brighton , all worse than us . We will scrape enough points together to finish in the bottom third or perhaps even mid table. you don't have to be a good side to do that in the championship.The problem is however bigger than that. Levin is in my opinion a poor man manager , his staff are poor man managers , the coaching and tactics are woeful. We can be a mid table championship side with Levin but if we want to make real progress then at some stage once we have stabilised the ship we need to remove him and his cronies from the club.

I think Allen would be up to the job, but Brentford are sitting pretty in league 1. I don't think he'd leave.

Fair point.. and very possible. But he might.

The potential at Brentford can't rival the potential here. Having said that, he's got them playing good stuff, they will get promoted I imagine and he's well liked there...

Fair point.. and very possible. But he might.

The potential at Brentford can't rival the potential here. Having said that, he's got them playing good stuff, they will get promoted I imagine and he's well liked there...

He's also very ambitious. Something Levein gave as a reason for coming here. Allen would be here like a shot....

Keep him till end of season then judge. Something must be okay if you saw the Sheff Utd matches but much is wrong as recent matches against lower clubs showed. Some buys seem poor - Rab,Gilbert, and Paddy K. I think he deserves more time as yo-yo managing clubs like Southampton get nowhere. We need a run of luck, decent left back and someone who can score with Hume (who I think looks a good buy now). January transfer will be a make or break time for CL. A change of manager now will destabilise the club and players.Its only my 2nd full season ticket and I'm very disappointed with results and silly mistakes. I've yet to see the good times first hand on a regular basis but am an optimist at heart.

I agree things aren't dire just yet we need some confidence. :(

A change may make things worse.

I agree things aren't dire just yet we need some confidence. :(

A change may make things worse.

OR one of the lower league names mentioned could come in with huge enthusiasm for the challenge, excited that he has a better group of players to work with, knowing some players he would have love to have tempted to his old club, be given some cash to spend (perhaps from the ever more likely £1m from Wigan) sign someone to play with Hume who can see the goal and get some fight back into the players.

If you ask me the players have

a) false confidence that they won't be relegated

b) No expectation that the manager will be kept on

c) No hope of play offs

d) No support from the fans (with a couple of exceptions, joey and Smudger)

e) No reason to care

Until we have a manager who can give at least two of the above tp motivate the players we're stuffed.

i,ll manage the feckers :D

henderson in goal until i can get a decent keeper on loan

maybury , stearman , gerrbrand , kisnobo ,(he is slightly useful there if no where else)

hammond , gudjonsson , williams , smith

hume , devries

i would give williams the armband.

hughes would be on the bench with johansson and mcCarthy , douglas and dublin.

Archived