Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Why levein deserves more time

Although Craig Levein has turned me into a pessimist :( I have to say we cannot say whether he stays or goes until after the Tottenham match, because they are all good teams. I'm not saying that we should expect to get 0 points and get knocked out of the cup, but for those saying he should go if we don't win a match in 3 or 4 games should take a look at the fixture list.

I don't think we are going to get relegated.

Remember when we played ugly football, got promoted then came straight back down again?

We should be higher up in the table, but come on. If we are playing well and dominating teams, we can't be that far away surely?

That was my stance until I realised after the draw against Millwall that I have been feeding myself that crap line game after game after game.. since quite early on in the season...

Seen us play lately??

Oh come on, let's not play that game.

Did you see the Millwall game?

There's always going to be somebody who's seen more game than you, but that doesn't mean that your argument should be invalid. Otherwise there's no point expressing yourself unless you've been to every game. TPH might not have been to as many games as you or I, but his opinions are very similar to mine and just as valid.

Performances are one thing, but the league isn't based on performances, it's based on results. And as they say, the table never lies.

There's always going to be somebody who's seen more game than you, but that doesn't mean that your argument should be invalid. Otherwise there's no point expressing yourself unless you've been to every game. TPH might not have been to as many games as you or I, but his opinions are very similar to mine and just as valid.

Performances are one thing, but the league isn't based on performances, it's based on results. And as they say, the table never lies.

this guy is right, and leveins recent scores, have not been good enough. i admit yes we have a young side that are coming along nicely, but they are coming on slowly, i think a more experianced manager could speed up the process. if we carry on at leveind pace we wont make the big flight till 2008!

I think the best thing is give Levien time and if he flopped all way through the rest of season then he have to go and it is right time for new manager to ome in as he have all summer to train the lads and sign some players but I'm worried that Criag get too much time and get us relegated

I've been against CL for a few weeks now but if the board are going to keep him then they should say so because if he's staying then at least we can all get behind the team and if we do get relegated then he should be allowed to get us back up.

I don't think he's a poor manager, he's just not good enough for this league yet and i feel he shouldn't be learning his trade with Leicester City.

But if we go down there is no guarantee we'd come back up again.

Every team in that league would treat trips to the Way like a cup final and raise their game accordingly (as indeed many do now). Would we be able to respond to that? Judging by the evidence of the last 14 months I suspect the answer would be no.

The end for Levein may come sooner than we could ever have expected, especially if we are humiliated by Spurs in front of the watching millions. I don't think there could ever be a way back for him if that happened.

But if we go down there is no guarantee we'd come back up again.

Every team in that league would treat trips to the Way like a cup final and raise their game accordingly (as indeed many do now). Would we be able to respond to that? Judging by the evidence of the last 14 months I suspect the answer would be no.

The end for Levein may come sooner than we could ever have expected, especially if we are humiliated by Spurs in front of the watching millions. I don't think there could ever be a way back for him if that happened.

I hope hes gone by then.. I really think the alarm bells will be ringing around the Walkers if we dont beat Norwich. But even if we do win, as has been said, it means fock all without a bit of consistancy and we havent seen that here since the div1 season that Mickey Adams took us to the premiership. Well.. not any decent consistancy atleast.

For the record.. prediction for Norwich... optimistic of me.. 2-2 (if he fields Hume and Smith from the off).

The public have already stopped paying

we are lucky to get over 22,000 at games now

It's still more than Reading get.

And more than we had during the glory years with St Martin! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Having said that, I bet we'll be lucky to get 20000 for the Spurs game, even with 5000 away fans....

this is a facts based industry.

facts are we struggle to win games in a poor league. 5 from 25 and counting.

the league table does not lie. we are one of the worst teams in this division.

i spoke to someone today who works at the club and asked him about Craig.

unfortunately we cant afford to sack him :( so we have to hope he quits.

this is a facts based industry.

facts are we struggle to win games in a poor league. 5 from 25 and counting.

the league table does not lie. we are one of the worst teams in this division.

i spoke to someone today who works at the club and asked him about Craig.

unfortunately we cant afford to sack him :( so we have to hope he quits.

The fans can play a big part in that ;)

I've been against CL for a few weeks now but if the board are going to keep him then they should say so because if he's staying then at least we can all get behind the team and if we do get relegated then he should be allowed to get us back up.

I don't think he's a poor manager, he's just not good enough for this league yet and i feel he shouldn't be learning his trade with Leicester City.

Craig Levein is a decent enough chap, but it is so obvious he lacks the nous to get us out of this hole his management team have dug us into. One day he might become the Manager some hoped, but for now he's the wrong man at the wrong Club at the wrong time. Plain and simple as that. He will walk (or however it's dressed up to look) sooner rather than later. He's tried his best and deserves to leave with his dignity intact.

From the OS:

Levein: "It's all about belief. Our players will learn from this game. The Reading squad has had two or three years together and maybe that is what it takes to gain that sort of understanding. We are in the early stages of that process."

Craig Levein is a decent enough chap, but it is so obvious he lacks the nous to get us out of this hole his management team have dug us into. One day he might become the Manager some hoped, but for now he's the wrong man at the wrong Club at the wrong time. Plain and simple as that. He will walk (or however it's dressed up to look) sooner rather than later. He's tried his best and deserves to leave with his dignity intact.

I agree.

He's an ambitious manager who will have a good future once he's served his apprenticeship, unfortunately he is serving it here and our board dropped an almighty bollock when they appointed him!

I personally think the pressure of sorting out our wage bill and lowering the average age of the squad has taken it's toll on him and he is looking very tired, mentally and physically.

Craig Levein is...the wrong man at the wrong Club at the wrong time. Plain and simple as that. He will walk (or however it's dressed up to look) sooner rather than later. He's tried his best and deserves to leave with his dignity intact.

Indeed.

It's spooky how closely the current situation resembles the last days of the Adams era.

I disagree on the basis that spring is the worst time to sack a manager, even worse then autumn. We either should sack him within the next 2 weeks or in the summer or if he turns it around dont sack him. The best time to switch manager's is during a transfer window, what use would be in bringing in a manager in march?

What you saying doesnt make sense at all, his plan is over a 3 year period so giving him 3 more months allows him what? 15 months. You clinging on straws hoping to just give him that little bit longer out of desperation. If you was to say I think we should give him another 24 months to complete the 3 year plan even if we get relegated I would have more respect for your view since it then would be full hearted plan rather then just hoping he can turn it around over the next few months, we have been playing this fancy football since last summer so what has changed between now and then that will suddenly turn defeats into victories? dont say the jan transfer window since he has already had 2 transfer windows.

I could have wept at Reading last night. Barely a shot of note, back to 4-5-1. So many things wrong you wouldn't want to add em up.

Don't imagine that Reading were anything special. They weren't. They just knew what they were doing, where they were going and were always one step ahead. They also had people who could score, which is, to my mind, a fundamental if you're running a football club.

I could have wept at Reading last night. Barely a shot of note, back to 4-5-1. So many things wrong you wouldn't want to add em up.

Don't imagine that Reading were anything special. They weren't. They just knew what they were doing, where they were going and were always one step ahead. They also had people who could score, which is, to my mind, a fundamental if you're running a football club.

We cant even play 4-5-1 and grind a result out anymore :(

That's right to a certain extent, but I was certainly more negative about CL until I watched a few games.

Last night I switched the radio off after Reading's first when the feed was lost. I can't imagine it was a good performance to watch. The team selection has kind of turned me against him all over again.

He's definitley not that good at the job he does, but as has been said time and time again: There is no one else is there?

That's right to a certain extent, but I was certainly more negative about CL until I watched a few games.

Last night I switched the radio off after Reading's first when the feed was lost. I can't imagine it was a good performance to watch. The team selection has kind of turned me against him all over again.

He's definitley not that good at the job he does, but as has been said time and time again: There is no one else is there?

You think there is no one else out there better than Levein?

:huh:

Archived