Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

A Possibility

As I stated in another thread, if the club does sack Levein or he walks out (which I think is very unlikely) I think they'll give the job to Rob Kelly until the end of the season. Would you fans be happy about that?

The reason I ask is because if Levein is sacked at some point over the next week, the board have then got to get somebody in quickly if the we want to sign any new players. If we don't do it sharpish then we'll have a new manager with the same players and that could be even worse than it is under Levein. Levein has sianged alot of players from the SPL, players no other manager in this league would have signed (some are good enough, some not) but a new manager might not interact with them and they could be even worse than they are now.

That is a real problem this club has, knowing our board like with the Adams situation they didn't have any manager candidates in place in case Adams resigned/sacked and I wonder whether they have now. It's hard to get a manager in quickly, especially the right sort aswell.

Would you be willing to let Kelly to the reigns for the rest of the season and see some new signings? Or would you gamble on a new man with the exact current squad?

It all sounds abit shit to me.

I wouldn't mind sticking with Kelly. I'm sure he's got his own ideas on things and isn't just a puppet that follows Levein's every word.

He'd be much cheaper and the players know him, so it'd be less of a new beginning, but more of a new approach. Besides, I don't think he could do much worse than it already is at the moment.

I wouldn't mind sticking with Kelly. I'm sure he's got his own ideas on things and isn't just a puppet that follows Levein's every word.

He'd be much cheaper and the players know him, so it'd be less of a new beginning, but more of a new approach. Besides, I don't think he could do much worse than it already is at the moment.

He's also very knowledgable when it comes to signings. He had alot of input when it came to the signings of McCarthy and Hume. Although Levein has said he'd watched both of these lads whilst at Hearts but it was Kelly who helped convince Levein.

anything is better than levein surely? :(

the only reason we aint in the relegation zone is because brighton cant win for shit and millwall had a wank start and crewe are just shit. :(

Thats good enough for me :P

As long as we stay up!! I'm not sure if Rob Kelly would make so much of a difference, and would the board put the future of the club in jeopardy by risking an untried manager? :(

I think this would be the best alternative on offer to us at this stage. He's have more knowledge on players south of the border rather than up north. I dont know what his record is like but I'm sure he'd have a different approach to Levein..

well spotted Ric

I wouldnt mind this at all - would ensure someone could work with the majority of the squad whilst still tweaking it in the transfer window to ensure to work on our weaknesses. A new manager coming in would have nowhere near enough time to assess the squad and sign improvements before month end, whereas Rob Kelly woudl definitely have the advantage on that note.

Rob Kelly wouldn't be too bad a choice in my eyes. He has had a hand in many of the better signings this club has made whilst Levein has been here. E.g Hume and McCarthy. He knows his way wound the english game and trasfer market fairly well I'm sure, he's been in the job long enough to know, just not as manager. He must have his own ideas of how to play football as he wouldn't be held in such high esteem by his previous bosses and Levein alike.

Rob Kelly wouldn't be too bad a choice in my eyes. He has had a hand in many of the better signings this club has made whilst Levein has been here. E.g Hume and McCarthy. He knows his way wound the english game and trasfer market fairly well I'm sure, he's been in the job long enough to know, just not as manager. He must have his own ideas of how to play football as he wouldn't be held in such high esteem by his previous bosses and Levein alike.

Levein had scouted McCarthy while at Hearts, Hume i'm not sure.

Levein had scouted McCarthy while at Hearts, Hume i'm not sure.

He had Hume on trial a few years back before he broke through at Tranmere. But as I said in another thread Levein quoted that Kelly knowledge helped him make his mind up on McCarthy and Hume.

Your of course assuming Rob Kelly doesn't walk out as well. Little chance of it happening I know but still... wat if.

I see no reason why he shouldn't be given a go. I also don't see how somebody who already has worked with the players is going to change their attitude just beacuse he has a differnt job title. Don't have a huge amount of options at the minute though do we...

Isn't Berty Basset out of a job @ the min. I can see him sticking his nose in if we become managerless as well. I would cry if him and wilko came back.

Somwthing else to think about is that if the board to get rid of Levein and the new manager doesn't have enough time and money to sign a striker I can't see how we'll improve.

Elvis hasn't scored goals before he came to us so I don't think Levein can be blamed for not getting the best out of him.

de Vries just isn't good enough or quick enough at this level to score, the same with Dublin.

Hume is the only striker who's good enough at this level, he's got the potential to score goals but he needs some decent players around him. Something that probably won't happen if we sack Levein and appoint a new manager.

Good grief that's cheered me up. :D

Somwthing else to think about is that if the board to get rid of Levein and the new manager doesn't have enough time and money to sign a striker I can't see how we'll improve.

Elvis hasn't scored goals before he came to us so I don't think Levein can be blamed for not getting the best out of him.

de Vries just isn't good enough or quick enough at this level to score, the same with Dublin.

Hume is the only striker who's good enough at this level, he's got the potential to score goals but he needs some decent players around him. Something that probably won't happen if we sack Levein and appoint a new manager.

Good grief that's cheered me up. :D

I've said it before, we can hate him all we want. Sacking him just is not feasible.

I think we're actually stuck with him wheather we want him or not.

Wouldnt be too bad, and it would be a lot quicker and would have less disruption. But can he motivate the players? Can he manage in this division??

Its as risky as getting a new manager in i guess but he probably couldnt do any worse than CL!

Wouldnt be too bad, and it would be a lot quicker and would have less disruption. But can he motivate the players? Can he manage in this division??

Its as risky as getting a new manager in i guess but he probably couldnt do any worse than CL!

Preston did it last season with Davies after sacking Brown, worked really well for them although he has been a manager before.

Take a look at the Football League website.

Do they know something we don't? :rolleyes:

hmmmm maybe they do ...

Makes you wonder - there's probably a rule somewhere that states a club must inform the league if they plan on making managerial changes, for whatever reason.

Interesting :whistle:

For those too lazy to check the link, it's our club information on the football league website...

Who's Who

Chairman: Jim McCahill

Chief Executive: Tim Davies

Secretary: Andrew Neville

Manager: Robert Kelly

First Team Coaches/ Reserve Team Coaches: Peter Houston/ Kenny Black

Academy Manager: Jon Rudkin

General Sales Manager: Gary Hodder

Safety Officer: Kevin Barclay

Community Scheme Officer: Craig White

Press Officer: Rachel Cluley

Physiotherapist: Dave Rennie

Director: Tim Davies (Chief Executive)

Non Executive Directors: Jim McCahill (Chairman), Greg Clarke, Martin Glenn, Tim Storer, James Johnson, Tony Lander, Malcolm Stewart-Smith, Tony Wheeler

Absolutely no mention of CL anywhere on the page. :ermm:

Mistake most likely - tho Wolves and Stoke, for example, have the manager and the assistant manager in their Who's who.

Archived