Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob666

Two front men - best ever

As CL's search for a new striker to play along side Huuuuuuume plods along - who were the best front 2 to grace a Foxes shirt?

Post 70s:

* Lineker - Smith

* Claridge - Heskey

* Heskey - Collymore [for one match]

As CL's search for a new striker to play along side Huuuuuuume plods along - who were the best front 2 to grace a Foxes shirt?

Post 70s:

* Lineker - Smith

* Claridge - Heskey

It's a pity we never saw more of that last partnership. :(

One more for the list....though not necessarily the best:

Walsh - Joachim ©1993

Having watched the Luton 0 City 4 clip from 1973 (which I found more than slightly arousing), I'm sure someone will cite a great partnership from the 1970's when City seemed to play total football under Bloomfield. :)

It's a pity we never saw more of that last partnership. :(

One more for the list....though not necessarily the best:

Walsh - Joachim ©1993

Having watched the Luton 0 City 4 clip from 1973 (which I found more than slightly arousing), I'm sure someone will cite a great partnership from the 1970's when City seemed to play total football under Bloomfield. :)

Or Walsh - Speedie :thumbup:

Definitely Heskey / Collymore in the 5-1 against Sunderland

Heskey / Cottee was also up there and I seem to remember Iwan Roberts playing really well alongside Joachim.

Worst partnership anyone? Akin-bad-buy and Benjamin must be a contendor

5-2 ;)

I think Dickov and Deane was a very Good partnership as well as Heskey and Cottee.

I would say the worst pairing would be Akinbiyi and Benjamin

I'd like to add the most humourous lcfc partnership as Akinbye and Mancini...never have two strikers been on such different wavelengths while playing alongside each other. In the few games that they played together Mancini would get the ball and pick out these beautiful through balls for Ade to run on to...problem was Ade didn't understand the concept of running onto the ball and so it would all go to waste as Mancini would stand hands on his head unsure what to do with himself (might explain why he never came back)!!!

I'd like to add the most humourous lcfc partnership as Akinbye and Mancini...never have two strikers been on such different wavelengths while playing alongside each other. In the few games that they played together Mancini would get the ball and pick out these beautiful through balls for Ade to run on to...problem was Ade didn't understand the concept of running onto the ball and so it would all go to waste as Mancini would stand hands on his head unsure what to do with himself (might explain why he never came back)!!!

lol damn right! He must of been disgusted with Ade!

Post 70s:

* Lineker - Smith

* Claridge - Heskey

Spot on with Lineker and Smith

Also Frank Worthington was great with Weller and the Birch but I was only 6 or 7 at the time

Not really a two man strike partnership, but the rotationg of Dickov, Bent and Ferdinang under Adams was done bloody well. Didnt they manage around 30 goals in total between them? That's an awesome result for a team struggling.

yeah, something like that. But Bent on the right with Dickov on the other side with Les in the middle worked well. Bent and Dickov were doing well and its ajust a shame we couldnt keep both of them players.

yeah, something like that. But Bent on the right with Dickov on the other side with Les in the middle worked well. Bent and Dickov were doing well and its ajust a shame we couldnt keep both of them players.

Best bit about this partnership was the 'Coleman Balls' ....Bent flickoff to Dickoff etc

Best bit about this partnership was the 'Coleman Balls' ....Bent flickoff to Dickoff etc

and they worked! They read each others games very well! Its just a shame that our defence wasnt up to the job!

I'd say Claridge and Heskey because they were consistanly good together. Same with Deane and Dickov except that that was at a lower level. Heskey and Colleymore had the greatest potential but we will never know if it could have gone on :cry:

I'd say Claridge and Heskey because they were consistanly good together. Same with Deane and Dickov except that that was at a lower level. Heskey and Colleymore had the greatest potential but we will never know if it could have gone on :cry:

I agree the pair of them together were very good.

Archived