Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Bands/Artists you discovered in 2005..

Not nescersarily 'new' bands, but bands I got into in 2005:

Godspeed You Black Emperor! - Prog, nine-piece ensemble. Play really ambient, pretentious, wall-of-sound genius. Absolutely amazing to listen to.

The Tossers - I noticed a few people on the board into the Murphs and Flogging molly, in that case the Tossers are deffo worth a listen. Similar vein of music.

Guitar Wolf! Probably the best band. Ever.

Nah, the internet makes finding new bands very simple indeed. If you can find some websites you trust like drownedinsound.com, pitchfork etc then there will be lots of new bands mentioned. Then you can waste time on myspace, indie torrents etc downloading new stuff. You don't have to depend on the NME anymore. Broken Social Scene are ace

Not nescersarily 'new' bands, but bands I got into in 2005:

Godspeed You Black Emperor! - Prog, nine-piece ensemble. Play really ambient, pretentious, wall-of-sound genius. Absolutely amazing to listen to.

The Tossers - I noticed a few people on the board into the Murphs and Flogging molly, in that case the Tossers are deffo worth a listen. Similar vein of music.

Guitar Wolf! Probably the best band. Ever.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor are awesome :)

Do you like A Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band?

It has Efrim from GY!BE on Vocals and a few of the other guys and gals, I recommend them :thumbup:

The were originally called A Silver Mount Zion but changed after their first album.

The Hidden Cameras.

Ha you really do have some of the gayest music taste ever. Well done. I saw the Hidden Cameras a couple of years ago at the Charlotte. Really good show. They entered the stage by walking through the venue singing. Before teaching us dance moves and passing out instruments.

Ha you really do have some of the gayest music taste ever. Well done. I saw the Hidden Cameras a couple of years ago at the Charlotte. Really good show. They entered the stage by walking through the venue singing. Before teaching us dance moves and passing out instruments.

:huh:

I found very few new artists last year I liked, wa it me or was it a quite year for good new bands?

I'm not one of those people who likes a band more by how unknown or alternative they are, I know so many people who like these random bands that only they have heard of...95% these bands are awful but they like them for theor alternative image.

Maybe that's why I found only a few good new bands, I spent most of last year listening to 60's and 70's music :blink:

I'm not one of those people who likes a band more by how unknown or alternative they are, I know so many people who like these random bands that only they have heard of...95% these bands are awful but they like them for theor alternative image.

They must find them good to like Ricey, i can't imagine all these people really listen to these bands simply because they are unknown or whatever their image is, there has to be something in the music to like first ;)

They must find them good to like Ricey, i can't imagine all these people really listen to these bands simply because they are unknown or whatever their image is, there has to be something in the music to like first ;)

Yeah I guess :D

I think I'm just a grumpy old man in disguise, my mate gave me one of his headphones on the train today and after listening for awhile I declared "That's not music, it's just noise" :blink:

I found very few new artists last year I liked, wa it me or was it a quite year for good new bands?

Maybe that's why I found only a few good new bands, I spent most of last year listening to 60's and 70's music :blink:

Exactly the same here. All I bought/listened to last year was mainly 90s stuff.

Yay!

Interpol rock! :D

Interpol do rock. And the lead singer has the...

Best.Hair.Ever. (Edit) <<< In the 'Slow Hands' video.

Archived