Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

What will it take for you to keep off Leveins back?

You're all saying around 8 points from 4 games, but remember we have only got 26 all season!

thats why Levein should go! to save his job he must start to improve, which would be about 6 points at least every 4 games. If we continue getting 26 points for the amount of games we have played, then he must go, it is not goood enough.

With our next 4 games being as follows

Sheff Wed (A)

Cardiff C (H)

Plymouth (A)

QPR (A)

What is the minimum that you expect to for Leveins position to remain safe at the helm of our club?

I think we should be looking for at LEAST 7 points.

Sheff Wed (A) - win

Cardiff C (H) - win

Plymouth (A) - win

QPR (A) - win

They all winnable games, if we was to draw the qpr game after gettign 3 victories I would still be satisfied, I will be clear I dont think we should be losing any of those games and expect a minimal of 8 points.

Levein says the arrival of Fryatt will sharpen his forwards but ONLY if he gives them the chance to shine.

And that's the difference between Saturday and Spurs.

He almost cocked it up before half-time with his negativity but from 2-0 down with nothing to lose he got lucky.

But if Wednesday go one or two up they'll batten the hatches and we've been woeful at trying to open em so far this season (and for some ridiculously obvious reasons).

His away instinct to stay firm and pinch a goal is a familiar ploy but it's so easy to stay firm and lose a goal as has happened so often this season because our defenders are not generally good enough to keep clean sheets.

Before December it didn't much matter. But now we've put pressure on ourselves the psychology of it all will work against us unless we're absolutely positive in what we're trying to do for 90 minutes each match.

In my view Levein has never yet started with our strongest team and he won't do so this week because of suspensions. He could well pay dearly for that and it's a pity in a way because by the end of the month he will quite possibly have a team here that could have competed for a top six place.

In fact, with more conviction, he could have done so this season. That's what's so annoying. We don't have a team of lousy players. Just one or two glaring shortcomings that should have been addressed months ago.

Levein needs to win a minimum of six points from four matches in January and to show he knows how to get the best out of people.

Agree completely.

The cup victory was extremely welcome and indeed there have been glimpses of encouraging signs all season.

It's just Levein's lack of effective action on a number of, as you say, 'glaring shortcomings' tends to nip any progress or momentum in the bud.

I just pray we don't play 4-5-1 tonight.

We must win. We cannot go in to games against Sheff Wed and play anything other than an attacking, positive game.

Agree completely.

The cup victory was extremely welcome and indeed there have been glimpses of encouraging signs all season.

It's just Levein's lack of effective action on a number of, as you say, 'glaring shortcomings' tends to nip any progress or momentum in the bud.

I just pray we don't play 4-5-1 tonight.

We must win. We cannot go in to games against Sheff Wed and play anything other than an attacking, positive game.

Wednesday on Wednesday :P

We could quite easily win all these games and then again we could quite easily lose them all.

Thats whats so frustrating about us this season, we can compete with the best in the division but can't get seem to turn our domination in matches into points.

I'd be happy with 5 or 6 points, seeing as three are away from home.

Preferably 4 wins, looking at the teams 4 wins doesn't seem to hard to be honest, but this is what I think;

Sheff Wed (A) (Win...We MUST we NEED to win this game)

Cardiff C (H) (Win/Draw....This is the hardest game of the 4 prehaps with the exception of QPR)

Plymouth (A) (Win)

QPR (A) (Win/Draw)

So 4 win's isn't to hard to get I don't think, but lets say 8 points (W/D/W/D)

If we play like we did on Sunday (Which i'm trying not to expect - because I just can't see us playing like that...we raise the game when we play big teams) we will have no problem in winning ALL those games.

Atleast a place in the quarters of the Fa cup, a good run in the league, and atleast 12th in the table at the end of the season, i might consider getting of his back then. to much to ask? :whistle:

Probably not but asking for it twice is a bit much :P

Sheff Wed (A) - win

Cardiff C (H) - win

Plymouth (A) - win

QPR (A) - win

They all winnable games, if we was to draw the qpr game after gettign 3 victories I would still be satisfied, I will be clear I dont think we should be losing any of those games and expect a minimal of 8 points.

Yes, I believe we should too. However we have only won 2 games in the league away from home under Levein in all his tenure as leicester manager. What makes you think we can increase that record by 150% in the next three away games?

To be honest I Think we will get a maximum of 3 points in the next four games.

Acceptable:

Sheffield Wednesday - Draw

Cardiff - Win

Plymouth - Draw

QPR - Draw

6 points from those four. Not great but acceptable as long as the performances are there.

What I expect:

Sheff Weds - Lose. I just see us losing this one and think they will want it more.

Cardiff - Draw. Larger crowd thanks to the spurs game leaving disappointed. Dominate the game and draw 1-1.

Plymouth - Draw. Dull 0-0

QPR - Lose.

I just dont feel very optimistic about things at the moment. They can raise themselves for the cup but not for the league so I think it could be a struggle and a real come down after the spurs game.

next 4 games look easy on paper, but heres my predictions

Sheff Weds - easy enough win. probably 2-0 with us dominating. however i predicted 2-1 to us in prediction league.

Cardiff - lost once, won once already this season. both 1-0's. i'd like a win but could be tough. i think we will win 3-1.

Plymouth - we should win again but i cant see a 3 game streak. either a snore draw or 1-1 with us dominating then conceding late.

QPR - they beat us at home cos they are dirty diving women . they cheat to get our players sent off and they scored a jammy 2nd goal. i see this being scrappy but could go either way.

Yes, I believe we should too. However we have only won 2 games in the league away from home under Levein in all his tenure as leicester manager. What makes you think we can increase that record by 150% in the next three away games?

To be honest I Think we will get a maximum of 3 points in the next four games.

I didnt say we would get the 4 wins I was stating what I expect of him to make me stop calling for his head.

I cant see him getting those results but thats not the debate.

He almost cocked it up before half-time with his negativity but from 2-0 down with nothing to lose he got lucky.

But if Wednesday go one or two up they'll batten the hatches and we've been woeful at trying to open em so far this season (and for some ridiculously obvious reasons).

One of the greatest come back in Leicester`s FA Cup history and its down to lucky manager. :blink:

Ummmmm.....where do we start?.......Lucky tactical moves by the manager or timely tactical moves? Lucky goals by the manager or Lucky goals by the players?.... I guess we were all lucky that he dident batten the hatches against Spurs but will be unlucky because he will against Wednesday......Give me a break mate! (and CL)

CL played a master stroke against Spurs and all you can do is reflect on what you perceive as his negitive point and knock him down for it. Shame really because credit where its due as far as I am concerned. So here it is! Well done Mr Levein and keep up the good work.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

One of the greatest come back in Leicester`s FA Cup history and its down to lucky manager. :blink:

Ummmmm.....where do we start?.......Lucky tactical moves by the manager or timely tactical moves? Lucky goals by the manager or Lucky goals by the players?.... I guess we were all lucky that he dident batten the hatches against Spurs but will be unlucky because he will against Wednesday......Give me a break mate! (and CL)

CL played a master stroke against Spurs and all you can do is reflect on what you perceive as his negitive point and knock him down for it. Shame really because credit where its due as far as I am concerned. So here it is! Well done Mr Levein and keep up the good work.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Seconded. Lets face it, we'll soon enough find out if it was lucky or not. If we do end up not getting many points over the next few games you can hardly call the guy a genius for one good result. Thats like calling Venables a good manager for Euro 96.

The blunt truth is that if that sub was not made there its not unreasonable to think that spurs would have gone and scored another 2 or 3 goals, and Maybury would have been sent off for chopping Lennon one too many times. Good tactics. lets hope its not a one off.

i think 2wins and 2draws would just about be acceptable. The main thing is we stop loosing so the team can get some confidence. We need to get on a run.

CL's master plan for this season:-

Start on a bad run from the out set, upset the fans then win us all over with winning every game between now and the end of the season making the play off's and getting us promotion by winning the play off's.

I may not be quite correct on this. :whistle::ermm:

Acceptable:

Sheffield Wednesday - Draw

Cardiff - Win

Plymouth - Draw

QPR - Draw

6 points from those four. Not great but acceptable as long as the performances are there.

What I expect:

Sheff Weds - Lose. I just see us losing this one and think they will want it more.

Cardiff - Draw. Larger crowd thanks to the spurs game, fans leaving disappointed after this one. Dominate the game and draw 1-1.

Plymouth - Draw. Dull 0-0

QPR - Lose.

I just dont feel very optimistic about things at the moment. They can raise themselves for the cup but not for the league so I think it could be a struggle and a real come down after the spurs game.

1 out of one so far :(

Archived