Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

If all our CM`s were fully fit, who would you play?

Williams proved he could play the holding role the other night, he and everyone should forget about him being some sort of sand-dancing creative genius. Get him the ball in our half let him retain it and move us forward.

Let Hughes pop up where he likes as well.

I'd imagine it'll be 2 from 3 with Weslowski but he's yet to face the cut'n'thrust of the CCC so I'll hold back on saying he's a first choice.

Weso and hughes for me.

Why Weso? Based on what? You have probably only seen him once or twice so why is everyone saying he warrants a place ahead of Williams and Gudjonsson? There is so much pressure on this kid its unbelievable, with everyone thinking he is the mutts when they have hardly seen him play. Incredible!

Williams proved he could play the holding role the other night, he and everyone should forget about him being some sort of sand-dancing creative genius. Get him the ball in our half let him retain it and move us forward.

Let Hughes pop up where he likes as well.

I'd imagine it'll be 2 from 3 with Weslowski but he's yet to face the cut'n'thrust of the CCC so I'll hold back on saying he's a first choice.

^ What he said ^

:thumbup:

How can we thrust young Weso into a MUST win relegation 6 pointer? From what i've heard, he's very good, but surely not ready yet. Although yes, i agree you have to give him his chance at some point. Is he ready for the challenge?

I'm going to be a little hypocritical here though and say he should play (with Joey suspended)!

Hughes-------Williams-----Weso-------???

Who are we going to play on the left then with Smudger also suspended? PLEASE not Hamill :mad:

Why Weso? Based on what? You have probably only seen him once or twice so why is everyone saying he warrants a place ahead of Williams and Gudjonsson? There is so much pressure on this kid its unbelievable, with everyone thinking he is the mutts when they have hardly seen him play. Incredible!

For my part only, ive seen enough of him that says hes better than joey, williams and kisnorbo. Joey has some drive and desire, but weso showed better. Weso has showed more technical ability than williams. Do i need to express the difference between kiso and weso...

The subject is about being fully fit. When weso was fully fit, he was a breath of fresh air. Only hughes gives us that feeling or enough of.

To say people are putting pressure on him, is nonsense. We all know what hes been through, but because our midfield has been poor this season (4th bottom) were somewhat desperate for some leadership, drive, hunger and desire, to grab hold of our game, to defend our defence and feed our strike force, who arnt bad.

Everyone fully fit, weso and hughes will be the ones who will play.

How can we thrust young Weso into a MUST win relegation 6 pointer? From what i've heard, he's very good, but surely not ready yet. Although yes, i agree you have to give him his chance at some point. Is he ready for the challenge?

I'm going to be a little hypocritical here though and say he should play (with Joey suspended)!

Hughes-------Williams-----Weso-------???

Who are we going to play on the left then with Smudger also suspended? PLEASE not Hamill :mad:

maybe cl will surprise us with a talented youngster, Levi porter looks good for reserves, and maybe wesolowski could have a go out there?

Some people shoud chill out - it was a hyperthetical question, as in

If all our CM`s were fully fit, who would you play?

On that basis you can say who you like, what formation you like, hopefully without fear of retribution.

Weso & Hughes.

Williams & Hughes

Joey & Hughes

Kiso & Hughes

To me the important point would be to have a consistant backbone of Rab/Hendo ( I can't make my mind up) Paddy M, Hughes & eventually Fryatt.

So as long as a fit Hughes is in there I aint too bothered.

Obviously not as good as the Lennon, Izzet and Savage days but for me I think we should play 3 central midfielders like in O Neil's days

Williams = Izzet (skillful, can create opportunities when on form)

Gudjohnson = Savage (A player who can win tackles and is also a good playmaker)

Hughes = Lennon (Different style of player to lennon but one who could fill in Lennon's fooptsteps)

For my part only, ive seen enough of him that says hes better than joey, williams and kisnorbo. Joey has some drive and desire, but weso showed better. Weso has showed more technical ability than williams. Do i need to express the difference between kiso and weso...

The subject is about being fully fit. When weso was fully fit, he was a breath of fresh air. Only hughes gives us that feeling or enough of.

To say people are putting pressure on him, is nonsense. We all know what hes been through, but because our midfield has been poor this season (4th bottom) were somewhat desperate for some leadership, drive, hunger and desire, to grab hold of our game, to defend our defence and feed our strike force, who arnt bad.

Everyone fully fit, weso and hughes will be the ones who will play.

We've had the most shots on/off target in the league.

It's a difficult choice.

Hughes and Williams are the two most talented at the moment, but perhaps not the right combination.

Joey has been he most consistent performer this season, but I agree that he's better going forward than being employed in the holding role, based on this season.

Kisnorbo has 'done a job' for us in front of the back 4, but he ultimately isn't good enough, despite his efforts.

I've not seen much of Weso, but he is clearly someone with a lot of talent. This season may be too soon for him to establish himself, especially after the injury he sustained. I'm not sure it's fair to put the pressure of a relegation battle on him.

Long term, I think the combination will be Weso and Hughes. For now, I think it's Joey and Willams, with Hughes playing narrow right.

If Hughes gets a few more games, then I'd like to see him and Williams given a go in the centre - although I think it's a formation which is suited to teams who sit back against us. We need as much creativity and craft to open up defences in that situation. Away from home, Kisnorbo would have his uses to some extent when we need more bodies in the middle of midfield to close a game out.

Thats a very good and fair point. Would you say our midfield duo (the core of the team) have had enough hunger and desire this season?

I dont think its that, its just that if you take away Joeys contrubution (and a lot were from the penalty spot), we arent scoring many goals from midfield. Off the top of my head:

Hughes - one in the cup, none in the league

Williams - one in the cup, none in the league

Kisnrobo - one in the league

I think the CMs should be looking for at least 5 goals each from open play if we realistically want to push forward. We all say our strikers dont score enough but the midfield dont contribute either. Sylla should be getting goals (i think he got about three in pre-season) and smith should be getting more than the one he currently has.

I dont think its that, its just that if you take away Joeys contrubution (and a lot were from the penalty spot), we arent scoring many goals from midfield. Off the top of my head:

Of course, our midfield has got to score more, but they also have a duty to defend, and its goals going in that are the problem, not just that, but were not breaking opposition attacks down quickly enough, which puts pressure on our defence.

Craig likes us to get at the opposition, well you cant do that when theres no hunger and desire in the middle of the park.

Archived