Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Is there a team?

Is there a team in this league that has 5 better players under the age of 21 than we have?

Matty Fryatt

Ryan Smith

Richard Stearman

Alan Sheehan

James Wesolowski

Infact none of that list is over the age of 19!!!!

Then you've got Iain Hume, Paddy McCarthy and Stephen Hughes who all miss out by a year and Ashley Chambers who will join the list in a year or two.

I know it counts for nothing if we don't pick up points, but surely it's something to be proud of? I certainly like the policy Levein has in signing players, it might a good idea to sign one or two talented experienced players but i'm delighted with the majority of Levein's transfers. It's great to see that his last 2 signings have both been English albeit one of them is only on loan but even so it's good to see a few young fellow countrymen playing for Leicester.

Is there a team in this league that has 5 better players under the age of 21 than we have?

Matty Fryatt

Ryan Smith

Richard Stearman

Alan Sheehan

James Wesolowski

Then you've got Iain Hume, Paddy McCarthy and Stephen Hughes who all miss out by a year and Ashley Chambers who will join the list in a year or two.

I know it counts for nothing if we don't pick up points, but surely it's something to be proud of? I certainly like the policy Levein has in signing players, it might a good idea to sign one or two talented experienced players but i'm delighted with the majority of Levein's transfers. It's great to see that his last 2 signings have both been English albeit one of them is only on loan but even so it's good to see a few young fellow countrymen playing for Leicester.

Definatly, one the main reasons i am still behind Levein (just) is because of this policy. :thumbup:

Matty Fryatt

Ryan Smith

Richard Stearman

Alan Sheehan

James Wesolowski

Couldn't agree more. And like Levein says, he's building for the future - a team that can get promoted into and stay in the Premiership. If we can get promotion in the next couple of years and hang onto these sorts of players, I see no reason why we can't cement a place in the top flight.

Couldn't agree more. And like Levein says, he's building for the future - a team that can get promoted into and stay in the Premiership. If we can get promotion in the next couple of years and hang onto these sorts of players, I see no reason why we can't cement a place in the top flight.

Getting there is going to be the problem.

Matty Fryatt

Ryan Smith

Richard Stearman

Alan Sheehan

James Wesolowski

Ric,

You see the young guys play a bit don't you? How good is Levi Porter?Is he worthy of a shot in the first team?

Ric,

You see the young guys play a bit don't you? How good is Levi Porter?Is he worthy of a shot in the first team?

Very dangerous at youth level, always has been. His size doesn't get exposed there and he uses his skill and pace to beat players with ease. Reserve level he's still fairly effective but whether he'll make it at first team level i'm not sure. It hasn't stopped SWP making it, but at 5ft 3 you need to be very special to make a name for yourself. It's a shame the Dundee loan move didn't come to fruition (unless it still is happening?)

He still does the business for England under 18/19 when called upon, so you never know. That Max Gradel plays on the right wing, he's impressed me recently.

Definatly, one the main reasons i am still behind Levein (just) is because of this policy. :thumbup:

In some ways it is the above that worries me most. All the players you mention are good, and generally positive footballers, people who can and should be moulded into a really strong attacking team. And yet we get such bad results, play so negatively and with so little belief in ourselves. And, we don't even use Sheehan.

Very dangerous at youth level, always has been. His size doesn't get exposed there and he uses his skill and pace to beat players with ease. Reserve level he's still fairly effective but whether he'll make it at first team level i'm not sure. It hasn't stopped SWP making it, but at 5ft 3 you need to be very special to make a name for yourself. It's a shame the Dundee loan move didn't come to fruition (unless it still is happening?)

He still does the business for England under 18/19 when called upon, so you never know. That Max Gradel plays on the right wing, he's impressed me recently.

That's good to hear.

What's your opinion on some of the other lads like O'Grady?

I always rated Tomi Petrescu and I was gutted when he left.

From what I can gather the Dundee supporters were quite happy with Porter when he was on trial.

In some ways it is the above that worries me most. All the players you mention are good, and generally positive footballers, people who can and should be moulded into a really strong attacking team. And yet we get such bad results, play so negatively and with so little belief in ourselves. And, we don't even use Sheehan.

Just becuase Levein is or has a good scouting policy, it doesn't mean he can get the best out of players or make the right decisions. I still think that the backroom training staff is somehow set up incorrectly.

Whilst I have confidence in CL's ability to purchase and attract good players, I do doubt whether we'll get back to the Premiership with him in charge.

Do we, i mean i know we have in certain matches, but generally this season i think most of his tactics deployed have been reletivly positive.

Do we, i mean i know we have in certain matches, but generally this season i think most of his tactics deployed have been reletivly positive.

You've obviously not been to too many away games!

I think Craig Levein if given time may get it right, but where will he take us with this young squad in the meantime.

This is what I mean when I say, I hope we stick with him if relegated, the last thing we need is more upheaval.

That's good to hear.

What's your opinion on some of the other lads like O'Grady?

I always rated Tomi Petrescu and I was gutted when he left.

From what I can gather the Dundee supporters were quite happy with Porter when he was on trial.

O'Grady impressed me about 3 years ago when I watched him in the youth and reserve team, but when under Adams he wasn't ever really given a game and that was when he seemed most confident. He then had a poor season or two in the reserves and I did question whetehr he'd ever make it. By the sound sof it he's improved alot during his loan spell at Rushden and they absolutely loved him. I doubt he's good enough for the standard of football we're aiming for but i'd definately keep him as a fringe player, if he keeps scoring each game in the reserves then the lad deserves a chance.

Petrescu was truelly gifted, but his attitude was shocking. Again, he was excellent when he first broke in to the reserve team in the season we got promoted and even got a run out at Wolves in the last game of the season but after that he thought he'd made it and started pissing about. It's a shame he left the week Levein joined us as it would have been interesting to see what Levein thought of him.

You've obviously not been to too many away games!

I think Craig Levein if given time may get it right, but where will he take us with this young squad in the meantime.

This is what I mean when I say, I hope we stick with him if relegated, the last thing we need is more upheaval.

I would imagine i have been to more than yourself

WE have decent players as the performances every so often prove but we may need a different Manager to steer the ship in the right direction. Maybe Levein should be a scout and leave the managing to someone who has a clue. The next few games are crucial. If we lose tomorrow the pressure will be back on Craig.

O'Grady impressed me about 3 years ago when I watched him in the youth and reserve team, but when under Adams he wasn't ever really given a game and that was when he seemed most confident. He then had a poor season or two in the reserves and I did question whetehr he'd ever make it. By the sound sof it he's improved alot during his loan spell at Rushden and they absolutely loved him. I doubt he's good enough for the standard of football we're aiming for but i'd definately keep him as a fringe player, if he keeps scoring each game in the reserves then the lad deserves a chance.

Petrescu was truelly gifted, but his attitude was shocking. Again, he was excellent when he first broke in to the reserve team in the season we got promoted and even got a run out at Wolves in the last game of the season but after that he thought he'd made it and started pissing about. It's a shame he left the week Levein joined us as it would have been interesting to see what Levein thought of him.

Any idea how Tomi's getting on now?

Levein as Director of Football anyone? Overseeing transfers, heading up scouting and negotiating hard to get us some of the bargains that he has shown he can do and maybe a young up an coach (Nigel Clough) to help out with selection, tactics and man management with a view that he will take over in the future - a la Adams from Basset?

Levein as Director of Football anyone? Overseeing transfers, heading up scouting and negotiating hard to get us some of the bargains that he has shown he can do and maybe a young up an coach (Nigel Clough) to help out with selection, tactics and man management with a view that he will take over in the future - a la Adams from Basset?

NO.

Archived