Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

For admin

hi,it would be nice when your remove a post that you could explain why,or at least Put the post,in a section if it has been duplicted,just common manners,if you dont like the post, please give a reason why,then we can try ont to offend your censorship

Well I think I've merged one of yours today so it will still be around, in fact I've merged about 4/5 W*** ones.

It would help if posters had a look to see what has already been posted before starting a new topic.

i agree a PM would be nice and people may learn for the future :thumbup:

Well if you want a PM everytime I have to merge a duplicate post then frankly I've got better things to do.

If some people on here took just a few minutes to scan down the Topic titles or look in the most relevant topice.g rumours etc before posting we wouldn't have to merge so many. As I said 4/5 times today I've had to merge a W**** going to Cov. post when it was quite easy to see it had already been posted.

Well if you want a PM everytime I have to merge a duplicate post then frankly I've got better things to do.

If some people on here took just a few minutes to scan down the Topic titles or look in the most relevant topice.g rumours etc before posting we wouldn't have to merge so many. As I said 4/5 times today I've had to merge a W**** going to Cov. post when it was quite easy to see it had already been posted.

wise

Well my posts have quite often not been 'merged' but deleted.

Why do I not get an explanation for this?

None of the aforementioned posts were offensive, so why deleted?

If you want to take on the responsibility of being an admin, at least do it properly.

Well I can't vouch for anyone else, and I'm not saying who's right or wrong but I've only ever deleted a couple of post that weren't a duplication by someone. Mr C, and I'm not saying he's deleting them may, as the owner and payee for the site may have different criteria.

Having said that there's an awful lot of twaddle posted on here, some of it is mine. When I do a search occasionally and look at some of the stuff I've posted, well it's embarrassing to say the least and in hindsight I wished someone had deleted it :blush::blush:

Well my posts have quite often not been 'merged' but deleted.

Why do I not get an explanation for this?

None of the aforementioned posts were offensive, so why deleted?

If you want to take on the responsibility of being an admin, at least do it properly.

same here mate, i have posts deleted quite often which aren't offensive at all. if i only give responses of 3 or 4 words it is deleted straight away.

I just feel like being an admin/mod is a privelege. You may feel differently. If you are going to go to the effort of deleting a post, why not go the extra mile (an extra couple of clicks) to send a pm concerning it.

It's only common courtesy.

Err how do you know I don't?

I guess part of the problem is:

Merging actually takes more than a couple of clicks and the post is still there.

As for deleting I suspect that by sending a pm it invites a debate as to why the post was deleted, thus making the whole exercise a lot more than just a couple of clicks. Some people just wouldn't accept the justification for it and will continue the 'pm' debate - I've experienced this when someone has complained to me and after the interchanging of 10 or more pm's trying to explain that their being too sensitive it becomes very tiresome, so inviting/encouraging that situation is not appealing, which probably explains why I delete so few posts :) - I'm a coward I guess ;) .

For what it's worth (very little actually), when I'm in the mood, I generally only delete extreme muppetry, gratuitously offensive posts and mass repetition, as well as the obvious mis-posts that people ask to be deleted.

I've also been known to delete the classic:

:thumbup:

on the odd occasion, but usually just when 19 people have previously said "Spot on", or "Yes, I agree".

Being a mod is a privilege and I hope I've never caused anyone any offence. I take on board what people say about not getting explanations for stuff, though I agree with davieG in that I don't think it'd be possible to PM everyone. I'll try to do it a bit more. :)

I don't think this site is moderated badly.

And I certainly wouldn't be annoyed if a short.. or stupid post of mine was deleted (and there have been a few :P)

It's when I post a reasoned argument and find it to have been deleted that I get a bit cross.. there is just no reason to delete it? I don't know.

It's only a messageboard afterall, who gives a toss.

And I certainly wouldn't be annoyed if a short.. or stupid post of mine was deleted (and there have been a few :P)

We all post some daft stuff from time to time - I've been "modded" before. It's mostly new posters who haven't quite grasped the site etiquette who have their posts sent to Mr C's Dungeon Of Shame, I think.

It's when I post a reasoned argument and find it to have been deleted that I get a bit cross.. there is just no reason to delete it? I don't know.

yes, i've had a couple of them, very frustrating, feels like i have wasted 30 seconds of my life.

Aside from that mods have lives and really dont have the time or the inclination to keep sending emails to all and sundry. Maybe if people stopped typing crap all the live long day we wouldnt have any need for this.

Aside from that mods have lives and really dont have the time or the inclination to keep sending emails to all and sundry. Maybe if people stopped typing crap all the live long day we wouldnt have any need for this.

That may be so, but then maybe if they don't have the necessary time to do the job properly, perhaps they shouldn't be doing it.

I personally would not delete a post without pming the poster to explain. It only need be a short pm.

I can only concur with my fellow mods/admin.

I've only really deleted duplicate posts, there have been one or two trolls who have posted gibberish for lord knows whatever reason, so I've deleted those too.

What I don't appreciate is being accused of deleting posts which have been merged by someone else.

I have exactly the same problem on another forum. The only time I send an message is when I edited a post. ;):thumbup:

Typically the mods stick up for one another - powers uniting to suppress the protelarian and all that ;)

I agree with TPH and bluarmy on this - surely it wouldn't take 2 mins to send a pm. Once it's done that should be the end of the matter, and it would prevent people getting pissed off whenever their posts were deleted with no explanation.

Archived