Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Reverend

Chairman

Where is our chairman in our hour of need? It is obvious to everyone that we need new faces, especially a proven striker. Matty Fryatt was a good signing but it is going to take time for him to adjust to the Championship, time that we do not have.

There are teams of no greater size than us spending money. Look at Wolves. They have had a bid of 1.4 million accepted for MK Dons striker Izale Mcleod.

I'm afraid that unless we buy a proven striker such as Geoff Horsefield, the future looks bleak.

Leicester are a big club and need a chairman who is willing to put money into the pot. Fair enough, he has gave us must be something like 1.5 million on a few players this season, but whats happened to the money gained from the sale of David Connolly? Theres 3 milion straight off. There are those of you that will say half of that money has been used, but isnt the whole point in being a chairman putting money into the club to get the rewards on the pitch?

Who actually is our Chairman?

Where is our chairman in our hour of need? It is obvious to everyone that we need new faces, especially a proven striker. Matty Fryatt was a good signing but it is going to take time for him to adjust to the Championship, time that we do not have.

There are teams of no greater size than us spending money. Look at Wolves. They have had a bid of 1.4 million accepted for MK Dons striker Izale Mcleod.

I'm afraid that unless we buy a proven striker such as Geoff Horsefield, the future looks bleak.

Leicester are a big club and need a chairman who is willing to put money into the pot. Fair enough, he has gave us must be something like 1.5 million on a few players this season, but whats happened to the money gained from the sale of David Connolly? Theres 3 milion straight off. There are those of you that will say half of that money has been used, but isnt the whole point in being a chairman putting money into the club to get the rewards on the pitch?

It's not a new striker we need hume, It's a new manager who can buy the right one in the first place. How many are ther now at the club? How much in wages is being wasted on that area?

It's not a new striker we need hume, It's a new manager who can buy the right one in the first place. How many are ther now at the club? How much in wages is being wasted on that area?

Yes, i agree with that

We have some good strikers but Levein wont play the obvious best partnership which is Fryatt and Hume. We still need a goalscorer though :thumbup:

Quite right. Get your chequebook out then!

Oh. So we need a rich benefactor! I'll just get my list of rich benefactors out....

Errr... Bugger. :blink:

Good lord. Right here we go.

Have you forgotten about administration? We are stuck paying a big fat mortgage on a ground we don't even own! Last time I looked wolves have not been in administration!!

Leicester are a big club and need a chairman who is willing to put money into the pot.

Wouldn't every club love one of them? Unfortunately 90% of the clubs out there don't have one!

Fair enough, he has gave us must be something like 1.5 million on a few players this season

Not he didn't. That is the clubs own money made through tickets, shirts, programme, tv, parachute payments and players sales etc.

but whats happened to the money gained from the sale of David Connolly? Theres 3 milion straight off.

No it isn't though. Wigan gave us 2 million rising to 3 IF they stay up. As you pointed out we have already spent a big chunk of that 2million. The remainder would have been used to cover the short fall in lower attendances.

but isnt the whole point in being a chairman putting money into the club to get the rewards on the pitch?

NO

Jim McCahill I believe. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

At times like this the boards and chairman have to act before its too late, funds need to be provided as it is crucial we sign another 2 players even on loan to help get us out of this mess. There is still a long way to go in this season and there is still time to turn things around we have to remember so it would be nice if they showed some faith and put up the money.

At times like this the boards and chairman have to act before its too late, funds need to be provided as it is crucial we sign another 2 players even on loan to help get us out of this mess. There is still a long way to go in this season and there is still time to turn things around we have to remember so it would be nice if they showed some faith and put up the money.

You can have as many players as you like but if you don't pick a team that brings the best out of them and you don't inspire them to shine or to overwhelm opponents when they get on top you've got next to no chance.

Look at people like Williams, Hume, Smith, Sheehan, Hamill, Maybury, Dublin.....has he really got the best out of them?

The only ones who have truly shone under his management are Stearman, Gudjonsson and possibly Wesolowski when he's fit because he was certainly getting a chance before he was injured.

Non of the people I would describe (loosely) as ballplayers (first five on the list) have excelled. Smith has been wonderful to watch at times but is consistently playing below his potential.

Levein can't seem to recognise it takes different types to make an ideal football team and the manager's skill is to get the right blend, the right line-up to best suit the players he uses and to make each one do his own thing to a higher level than he's ever known.

It is not to turn wingers into defenders and creative midfielders into snarling ballwinners. You only get extras out of people when they're doing their own thing well and we're not right now.

There was a time when David Wilson of david wilson homes was muted as a large investor i know he has a box and owns a bulk of shares (not as many as pukka pies!)

So dont buy wimpy homes buy David Wilson

The Foxes Trust owns more shares in Leicester City than David Wilson, perhaps we should get a team of builders together & you can act as our sales office ;)

Yes, i agree with that

We have some good strikers but Levein wont play the obvious best partnership which is Fryatt and Hume. We still need a goalscorer though :thumbup:

How do you know that?

a) It is the best partnership, they have never played together

b) Fryatt wasn't fully fit for the last game, so how do you know that won't be his pairing this week?

Only 2 shareholders have put money into the club this season & the Foxes Trust was one of them, the other isn't a board member.

There was a time when David Wilson of david wilson homes was muted as a large investor i know he has a box and owns a bulk of shares (not as many as pukka pies!)

Yes I remember that too. It was back in the O'Neil days when he wanted a new stadium and some cash and the board dragged there heals then too! Look what happened, O'Neil left and when they did finally get a new stadium it was just in time for when we got relegated!

He's now a big fish down at the County Cricket ground. Watch them do very well this coming season...

You've just totally contradicted yourself there mate! You say Fryatt is a good signing but not proven at this level then you use McLeod as an example of other clubs signing proven strikers! Well McLeod is equally as unproven at this level and hasn't even scored as many goals as Fryatt has either.

Archived