Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
walsall_rob

matty fryatt then...

Wasnt the best game he's gonna have for us but got a goal and that is what he was brought here to do.

Didnt quite look match fit. Was he injured for long before he came here?

31st december he got injured, he doesn't really do much but score to be honest, tries hard...

apparently now, we get money if you lot stay up rather than if you go up... dunno if any of ya can confirm this?!

31st december he got injured, he doesn't really do much but score to be honest, tries hard...

apparently now, we get money if you lot stay up rather than if you go up... dunno if any of ya can confirm this?!

neither look a safe bet for your treasury...

I aint got a clue. you've got to get your bonus money somehow and we're looking more like going down than going up in all fairness!

With regards to the Fryatt de vries partnership, a targetman is meant to be perfect foil for a 6 yard box poacher like Fryatt. Unfortunately, Levein seems to have got his wires crossed as he hasnt yet noticed that de vries cant head it? :blink:

what was the de vries and fyatt partnership like?

Non existant. It was aimless balls to LDV all game, and also he should have passed it twice to Fryatt when he had a much easier chance to score than where De Vries ended up shooting from.

I thought Fryatt lacked a bit of pace today, but i'll put it down to match fitness for now.. although i did say that when De Vries arrived ;) He scored a goal (a header, bit of a rariety round these parts nowadays) which he was brought in to do on his full debut, and while being partnered by De Vries, what more can you ask of the lad :whistle:

I aint got a clue. you've got to get your bonus money somehow and we're looking more like going down than going up in all fairness!

With regards to the Fryatt de vries partnership, a targetman is meant to be perfect foil for a 6 yard box poacher like Fryatt. Unfortunately, Levein seems to have got his wires crossed as he hasnt yet noticed that de vries cant head it? :blink:

He likes to chest it nower days :rolleyes:

De Vries has took a lot of stick today and I feel its harsh.

He ran his bollocks off today , and created a number of chances himself.

We know he's not the most gifted player , but if he gives his all like he did today im not going to complain.

De Vries has took a lot of stick today and I feel its harsh.

He ran his bollocks off today , and created a number of chances himself.

We know he's not the most gifted player , but if he gives his all like he did today im not going to complain.

I like his work rate and commitment, i just think the style of play we have chosen does not suit him

I thought Fryatt lacked a bit of pace today, but i'll put it down to match fitness for now.

We did say he lacked real pace which is why we were surprised when a lot of you were saying how quick he looked when he came on last week. It won't be down to his injury.

He's not got real pace but he accelerates quick to get away from defenders. If you play to his strengths he'll score goals though whether he has pace or not.

I know many of you on other threads have called for Levein to play Fryatt and Hume but to be honest I don't think this would work because Hume likes to make runs from deep.

The best formation would be to play Hume just behind Fryatt and De Vries I'd say.

We did say he lacked real pace which is why we were surprised when a lot of you were saying how quick he looked when he came on last week. It won't be down to his injury.

He's not got real pace but he accelerates quick to get away from defenders. If you play to his strengths he'll score goals though whether he has pace or not.

I know many of you on other threads have called for Levein to play Fryatt and Hume but to be honest I don't think this would work because Hume likes to make runs from deep.

The best formation would be to play Hume just behind Fryatt and De Vries I'd say.

worth a try

Reminded me of an old fashioned striker in the mould of Lineker. Doesn't **** about with it, has some nice touches because he's intelligent but is always in and around the box. Could of had a hat-trick and I can see him being one of those lads that will always come up with the goods. Reminded me abit like a young Michael Owen but without the blistering pace, he's hardly slow himself though.

We've got plenty of players who flatter decieve and players who have amazing games but still don't score (Hume and Smith) so it's nice to get the real deal for once. Early days yet, but I think he'll score goals at any level.

You better tell Merson to get his boots back on then, It's players like him we'll need to stay up!

Fryatt had a decent debut let's hope there's more to come.

I reckon he'll get a couple on Tuesday, Plymouth are there for the taking :laugh:

You better tell Merson to get his boots back on then, It's players like him we'll need to stay up!

Fryatt had a decent debut let's hope there's more to come.

I reckon he'll get a couple on Tuesday, Plymouth are there for the taking :laugh:

Not if we play similar football to that of against Cardiff

Archived