Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Who should be the new manager...

Ideally I would like Steve Cotterill and according to The Sun this morning he has been touted as someone to come in. Cotterill knows the leagues well and crikey, he even got Akinbiyi playing well.

Cotterill, although with his club generally playing a 4-5-1, has found he can get Burnley into the play-offs. I genuinely believe that with a bit of tinkering Cotterill, also as a good motivator, could get our squad to do a Reading within a season or so !!

Also though I like idea of Gudjon Thordarson or even Jim Smith ??? - anyone who can motivate a team well??

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/lancashi...t/CLARETS0.html

Looks like we're after Cotterill then !

Sifting through 11 pages of speculation is interesting but mainly the same names. Can we have a poll of who fans want or get info on the shortlist?

Martin Allen came across very well on the telly at the weekend in post match analysis of FA cup ties.He's doing loads of stuff in a course at Warwick Uni to add to his knowledge of the game.I was very impressed.

Steve Cotterill is my 2nd choice followed by Mike Newall.

Other options Colin Todd who I have been told wants the job (by Andy's godfather).

Can't say I'd favour any of the other managers posted on this forum other than Neil Lennon but only if MON mentors him till he gets the England managers job in the summer.

Martin Allen would be my choice I think, been reading a lot about him in the papers lately he sounds totally mental gets the best out of his players.He's eccentric but gets results & is a motivator, his players run through brickwalls so to speak ! said in one paper his players were betting eachother who would swim the river at the back of the training ground & when he heard he stripped off & just did it himself ! He also was fuming when his chairman the other year said playing Southampton in the 4th round or so was there cup final & he said it isn't my cup final the real one is my final & I wanna get there or summat similar.Also jumped in the Solent when they played at Southampton & swam round a tanker saying the tanker represented Southampton & him swimming round was to show they can be beat ! As mad as a box of frogs I know but his players play for him also he could jump in the Soar at the back of the ground if the need takes him !

i dont know whether anyone has mentioned this already and apoligies if they have, but surely it would be worth offering martin £100,000 a game till the end of the season to keep us up, 16 games =1.6 million pound. quite alot of money for our debt ridden club, but if the carrot was dangled and he accepted how many blue noses would be running down the walkers for tickets. at least another 10,000 each home game and at 20 quid per ticket roughly and eight home games left that means £200,000 per game x 8 games =1.6 million and the possibility of avoiding relegation which would finish this club. not to mention the extra merchandise revenue such a move would make.

if anyone has tim davies's email address why not put this to him....just a suggestion !

i dont know whether anyone has mentioned this already and apoligies if they have, but surely it would be worth offering martin £100,000 a game till the end of the season to keep us up, 16 games =1.6 million pound. quite alot of money for our debt ridden club, but if the carrot was dangled and he accepted how many blue noses would be running down the walkers for tickets. at least another 10,000 each home game and at 20 quid per ticket roughly and eight home games left that means £200,000 per game x 8 games =1.6 million and the possibility of avoiding relegation which would finish this club. not to mention the extra merchandise revenue such a move would make.

if anyone has tim davies's email address why not put this to him....just a suggestion !

3 problems with that:

1) It still wouldn't guarantee we'd stay up.

2) I doubt very much it would add 10k to the gate, remember MON is pre Walkers and the regular fan base at that time was circa 19K.

3) He's not available, not every one can be bought. I'm sure MON's wife is more important to him than a few poxy (relalatively) football matches.

Why not get kk and tv in as a new fantastic partnership!

They may be fossils but we must be realistic and young talent like Cotterill is being refused permission indefintely.

I believe this pair could do a good job with their experience.

I also make the point that City should not go for Peter Reid with his dreadful record or a desperate John Gregory who applied the last time the job was avaliable!a>

KING KEV!

is this guy gudjon thordorsson any good bar being related to one of our players,i notice county are not exactly setting the world on fire hope cotterill gets it,it wont be pretty stuff if he gets it mind but who cares if it keeps us in the league,these rumours are mad,the latest one ive heard is howard bloody wilkinson,thats enough for me to hit the prozac

is this guy gudjon thordorsson any good bar being related to one of our players,i notice county are not exactly setting the world on fire hope cotterill gets it,it wont be pretty stuff if he gets it mind but who cares if it keeps us in the league,these rumours are mad,the latest one ive heard is howard bloody wilkinson,thats enough for me to hit the prozac

Win ratio of 44.8%, which is not bad at all, but most of those were with Stoke in L1, I think.

He's doing OK at Notts, particularly considering they spent most of last season flirting with relegation. They remain a good play-off bet.

IMO Cotterill would be a great choice as manager especially as he has already worked at the club, but I heard a rumour on talksport that Burnley have turned down permission to talk to him. Failing that how about Parkinson at Colchester?, he has got a great record in managing them over the last couple of years and and is a great motivator which was one of Leveins failings to be honest. Parkinson also has the knack of picking up decent players on the cheap, just what we need!

Steve Tilson, can't understand why he's not been linked. Southend have awful facilities and a tiny budget, yet he's guided them from mid-table in league 2 to top of league 1. He's a good young English coach who I can't think will cost us as much compensation as Newell or Holloway. The same applies for the Colchester manager, although his achievements are lesser.

Steve Tilson for Leicester

Archived