Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Who should be the new manager...

Whoever is going to be the new manager I'd imagine they'll be appointed quite soon. With the transfer window closing next week and the amount of games left I can't imagine that the club don't already have someone in mind for the job.

I would love to see Ricey's suggestion of Super Kevin Keegan. I think he would bring a huge buzz to the club, get the fans going, get the players going, lift the whole club. The infectious nature of his personality would inspire. He did it at Newcastle, helped Fulham to the Premiership and could do the same for us. He is the man.

The only question is whether he would be interested. If he wants to get back into management and the board can sell the club to him, I think he would strongly consider the job.

For a potential manager, it has to be an appealing job. The setup at Leicester is top notch. We have good support. If we go down, nothing can really be blamed on him. If we stay up, he will enhance his reputation no end and have a great opportunity to build something.

Other than Super Kevin Keegan, Nigel Clough would be an equally great appointment.

In all reality though, particularly if we get a result against Southampton, I think the board will give Rob Kelly about 3-4 league games to see if he can offer anything.

Keegan? look, in a seriousness how about norman leet & gary coatsworth!! :ph34r: what a combo that would be!!

Why is Keegan not a serious suggestion - he's been out of the game for a while and isn't going to get too many better offers to get back into it. Clough or Allen would also be goo but please not Reid

How about. George Burley. He's Scottish He's managed Hearts and for a bonus point He's Managed Derby

You've got to Love Him :devil:

He's also just been made manager of Southampton.

Forget Phil Thompson - apart from managing in Houllier's absence, where he did fairly well, but still receiving instructions, he has no other managerial experience.

He's also a twat.

When I read the kind of nonsense I found on here I realise I shouldn't be posting as most of you appear to have the mentalities of 10 year olds but here goes anyway.

First of all please get it out of your tiny little minds that MON would ever want to come back here. Not only would personal circumstances preclude it but he wouldn't get of bed now for less than £2m a year. I also hate to shatter your illusions about his supposed nostalgia for LCFC, for he only has at best what can be described as a 'grudging regard' for the club.

Of the realistic candidates who have been put forward only Allen remotely fits the bill. Sadly, those odds of 20/1 (if they are to be believed) suggest he is way out of the reckoning. He is worth an interview because he comes across as a communicator, an enthusiast and one who can relate to players. If he was a player he would lead by example rather than by sheer force of personality.

But what we really need is a BIG FIERCE MAN who does rule by sheer force of personality. One who chucks the tea cups and turns on the hair dryer full blast. One who terrifies the players into playing well because they know he can beat them up for fun. Sadly @ 70 Jack Charlton no longer fits the bill.

We have had more than enough nonsense about youngsters, systems and tactics over the last fifteen months to last a lifetime. And we have heard precious little about the inner game, team spirit or scrapping for victory. Over the next 16 games we need boldness and guts to stay up not footie-double-speak.

And we need someone who can tell our prima donnas that with a big ****ing hairy fist.

Archived