Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Who should be the new manager...

I didn't really think Lennon would get it either, doesn't seem like the kind of thing our board would go for, although I think he could do a fantastic job. Then someone on another board who is a bit more reliable that GTFox but not quite as good as mad biker, said that Lenny is actually really interested and that got me all excited again. I suppose any appointment after that thought would be a let-down...

Having said that.. It's kinda in Lennon's interest (assuming that he does want the job for a moment) to make noises that he does, without ever throwing his hat in to the ring. That was any move would have to be made my the club towards his agent. If he is interested, which is a big if, he's hardly going to go all in and lose the good thing he's got going at Celtic even if he doesn't get it. Besides which, there is probably some clause up there like when if a player doesn't ask for a transfer, they get a certain bonus when they move, whilst if they have done, they sacrifice that.

Am I even making sense?

Having said that.. It's kinda in Lennon's interest (assuming that he does want the job for a moment) to make noises that he does, without ever throwing his hat in to the ring. That was any move would have to be made my the club towards his agent. If he is interested, which is a big if, he's hardly going to go all in and lose the good thing he's got going at Celtic even if he doesn't get it. Besides which, there is probably some clause up there like when if a player doesn't ask for a transfer, they get a certain bonus when they move, whilst if they have done, they sacrifice that.

Am I even making sense?

makes sense to me. I know when Heskey left he got a big wedge from the transfer fee cos he hadn't asked to move and fireman stan had a big row with f****t when he left for liverpool cos he said he'd not asked for a transfer but the red shite maintained he had so wouldn't pay anything.

i assume scotland works the same although how things work if it's a free transfer I'm not sure

makes sense to me. I know when Heskey left he got a big wedge from the transfer fee cos he hadn't asked to move and fireman stan had a big row with f****t when he left for liverpool cos he said he'd not asked for a transfer but the red shite maintained he had so wouldn't pay anything.

i assume scotland works the same although how things work if it's a free transfer I'm not sure

Well IF he was interested and IF he did get the job, he might have a release clause to go in to management anyway, should he be offered a job at a certain level.

I'm not sure.

All I was suggesting.. and to an extent playing devil's advocate was that showing interest but refusing to formally announce oneself as a candidate COULD be interpreted as a 'come get me' rather than an 'im really not interested'.

The likelihood of course is that he'll stay at Celtic and won't come here. But who knows?

Do you think anyone would accept Brian Little back. He did get us playing some good football and with this young squad could maybe get them playing the same way. However I do think we need to bring in some older experience.

I think that Craig's mistake was to try to transform the squad too quickly. This season should have been a mixture of youth and experience. Next season would have been soon enough to go completely for youth. Maybe the board are partly to blame for that, forcing him to reduce the wage bill so drastically.

we need an experienced manager whos been around. the last two managers have been virtually nobodys and we need experience to get us out of this situation. just because leveins left it does not mean that who ever comes will get us out but i hope who ever we get will do a good job and keep us in the league and get the players motivated and scoring more than one goal a game

This will rule some people out.

TD:

"It will be who we feel is the right man for the job. That means he will be well experienced in the game, have a good knowledge of players and be good at man-management."

Davies revealed he has had a lot of names passing through his hands already and, while there is no time-scale for an appointment, the number of candidates declaring an interest suggests the operation is already well under way.

He said: "We are determined to do what is needed to get the club out of the present situation as soon as possible."

I don't know if its just me, but why is there such support for Lennon? Although a great leiceter player and of course a key member of MON's side, I see little reason why he would be a good manager? Maybe I'm missing something and someone could fill me in?

I would prefer it if he came back to play or coach in the short term. I would love it if he becomes involved in the LCFC set-up in some capacity, but not as manager; right now we need experience.

I don't know if its just me, but why is there such support for Lennon? Although a great leiceter player and of course a key member of MON's side, I see little reason why he would be a good manager? Maybe I'm missing something and someone could fill me in?

I would prefer it if he came back to play or coach in the short term. I would love it if he becomes involved in the LCFC set-up in some capacity, but not as manager; right now we need experience.

Ok... we don't need someone who knows the transfer market and can bring in new players (as we have no money and the window is closing), what we need is someone who can motivate the players, someone who can excite the fans a little and someone who can get results. Now the last of those things no-one can predict, but if someone has the rest of those qualities then I think the results can't be far away. Lennon could motivate the team off and on the pitch (which is probably one of the big selling points - the fact that we don't have a leader on the pitch, most new management appointments won't change that) and would bring a bit of excitement back to the club. I don't think anyone is saying he should do it alone, he'd need someone beside him (Robbo and Walford have been mentioned along with others).

Never going to happen but I think I'll dream about for a couple more days.

Does anyone know what John Robertson & Steve Walford have been doing since leaving Celtic with MON ?

Seems to me they might be available - and could be interested. I for one would welcome their return (assuming MON himself feels he can not take a direct involvement at this time)

I have no idea myself right now. But I do hope the board have someone in mind already. Imagine what would happen if we didn't find anyone till the end of the season!!! :ermm:

Myself i'd ask John Robertson to be our boss nore than any mentioned so far, but thats just me.

Ok... we don't need someone who knows the transfer market and can bring in new players (as we have no money and the window is closing), what we need is someone who can motivate the players, someone who can excite the fans a little and someone who can get results. Now the last of those things no-one can predict, but if someone has the rest of those qualities then I think the results can't be far away. Lennon could motivate the team off and on the pitch (which is probably one of the big selling points - the fact that we don't have a leader on the pitch, most new management appointments won't change that) and would bring a bit of excitement back to the club. I don't think anyone is saying he should do it alone, he'd need someone beside him (Robbo and Walford have been mentioned along with others).

Thanks :thumbup: Yeah i think put like that he would be a quality apointment but alongside experience of course.

Ideally I would like Steve Cotterill and according to The Sun this morning he has been touted as someone to come in. Cotterill knows the leagues well and crikey, he even got Akinbiyi playing well.

Cotterill, although with his club generally playing a 4-5-1, has found he can get Burnley into the play-offs. I genuinely believe that with a bit of tinkering Cotterill, also as a good motivator, could get our squad to do a Reading within a season or so !!

Also though I like idea of Gudjon Thordarson or even Jim Smith ??? - anyone who can motivate a team well??

Now it's official, we need to start discussing who will take over and I'm quite concerned about the possibilities. Hopefully the chap who mentioned Peter Reid is totally wrong because I reckon that would be a disaster. So who should take over the now vacant managerial post?

martain o'neill till end of the season with neil lennon as a player/right-hand man...we'ld get promoted!! :thumbup:

You're right Louise. An ability to dabble in the transfer market would be welcome in the long term, but in terms of getting us out of the mire in the short term, it will be a case of inspiring the current crop of players to perform better than they have done in recent months. The new man needs to be a good organiser, a good tactican and a good motivator. It would be nice if he had some attacking leanings.. but as long as he gets us picking up points, we're alright in the short term.

Posted by PFKAKTF FOX on another forum. ;):thumbup:

Sorry, but I do not agree with the negativity towards Cotterill, and I certainly dont agree with the comments of poor signings and negative football.

He has inherited a side with very little resources and were perennial strugglers against relegation, now with feck all money and very little to tempt new signings to the club except his enthusiasm he has managed to turn them into possible play off contenders, in around 18 months, no mean feat.

He is a decent tactican, who knows and understands how to get the best out of his squad and to achieve results, given a better squad I am sure he would love to play more attacking football.

As for his signings, I think he has a great knack of identifing good young players from the lower leagues like Gareth O'Connor, and Jon Spicer and also being able to sign players with a point to prove and being able to get the best out of them such as Akinbiyi, James O'Connor and Jon Harley. With living in the North West, I hear a hell of a lot about this guy and I can assure it is all good.

IMO he would be an excellent choice as manager.

Archived