Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Who should be the new manager...

i myself can see these people being real contenders

gary mac

peter reid

neil lennon

colin gibson

stan ternant

brian kerr

martin allen

nigel worthington (less likely)

roy mcfarland

any more for any more ?

Roy Mcfarland had a farm e i e i o and on that farm he had some sheep

Ah the play off final against derby :D

Strong rumours that Joey Gudjonsson's dad is leaving Notts County to take over.

Is he any good?

I think he's just interested, he applied last time when Adams went. I wouldn't say he's that good, certainly not as good as most of the names that have been mentioned, just average probably. He started off really well at Notts County, had them at the top of the table, then they slipped down alarmingly, now he's getting some steady, not mindblowing, results.

I think he's just interested, he applied last time when Adams went. I wouldn't say he's that good, certainly not as good as most of the names that have been mentioned, just average probably. He started off really well at Notts County, had them at the top of the table, then they slipped down alarmingly, now he's getting some steady, not mindblowing, results.

Didn't he get Stoke in to the play-off final 3 years on the bounce and then get sacked once he'd finally got them promoted?

Didn't he get Stoke in to the play-off final 3 years on the bounce and then get sacked once he'd finally got them promoted?

He did, although Stoke were obviously a better side then. I suppose you could liken him to Little. He had a good record at Stoke, and average ones as Notts County and Barnsley. Personaly he doesn't get me that excited. He's not going to leave his current job for a 6-month contract so if we're interested it'd have to be for next season as well, whatever division we're in, which is probably why he doesn't appeal to me. (maybe my mind is just clouded by dreams of Lennon)

Thordarson in frame for Foxes job

_41263442_thordarson203.jpg

BBC Radio Nottingham understands that Notts County manager Gudjon Thordarson is on the shortlist to succeed Craig Levein as Leicester City manager.

Thordarson has led County, who are currently 10th in League Two, to the brink of the play-offs.

Any move for Thordarson is likely to be strongly resisted by the Magpies, as the Icelander has two and a half years left on his contract at Meadow Lane.

Other names in the frame are thought to include Peter Reid and Gary McAllister.

It is also understood that Thordarson came close to getting the Leicester job in succession to Micky Adams, but the Foxes opted instead for Levein, who was dismissed after the 1-0 defeat at Plymouth on Tuesday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nty/4654124.stm

Sigh.

Sigh.

It's all bollocks at the minute though it really is. From what I recall, Leicester have never appointed a manager who's been the front runner from the off since i've been a fan and that goes back 15 years.

I might be wrong but O'Neill definately wasn't put forward in the media as front runner, neither was Taylor and neither was Levein. Not sure about Bassett, he was one of those managers who got linked with every managerless club and still does now but even then it was all Redknapp amd George Graham.

The media probably don't know anything more than the fans do. Reid and Thordason have probably both applied so the media will obviously use that as gospel that we are keen on them. McCallister was linked with us last time around and i'm pretty sure his situation hasn't changed, I would have thought he'd come as assistant if anything and the mercury seem to rule him out anyway.

I would be astounded if Reid, McCallister or this Icelandic chap got the job. I'm confused as to who will get it. I don't think Lennon will either.

If we are literally looking at a short term option I would go with Stan Ternant. Horrible creature but he's always motivated his sides very quickly.

Heard a rumour on another board of Phil Thompson and Roy Evans.

When I read the kind of nonsense I found on here I realise I shouldn't be posting as most of you appear to have the mentalities of 10 year olds but here goes anyway.

First of all please get it out of your tiny little minds that MON would ever want to come back here. Not only would personal circumstances preclude it but he wouldn't get of bed now for less than £2m a year. I also hate to shatter your illusions about his supposed nostalgia for LCFC, for he only has at best what can be described as a 'grudging regard' for the club.

Of the realistic candidates who have been put forward only Allen remotely fits the bill. Sadly, those odds of 20/1 (if they are to be believed) suggest he is way out of the reckoning. He is worth an interview because he comes across as a communicator, an enthusiast and one who can relate to players. If he was a player he would lead by example rather than by sheer force of personality.

But what we really need is a BIG FIERCE MAN who does rule by sheer force of personality. One who chucks the tea cups and turns on the hair dryer full blast. One who terrifies the players into playing well because they know he can beat them up for fun. Sadly @ 70 Jack Charlton no longer fits the bill.

We have had more than enough nonsense about youngsters, systems and tactics over the last fifteen months to last a lifetime. And we have heard precious little about the inner game, team spirit or scrapping for victory. Over the next 16 games we need boldness and guts to stay up not footie-double-speak.

And we need someone who can tell our prima donnas that with a big ****ing hairy fist.

Wow - someone talking sense! :thumbup:

I would be astounded if Reid, McCallister or this Icelandic chap got the job. I'm confused as to who will get it. I don't think Lennon will either.

If we are literally looking at a short term option I would go with Stan Ternant. Horrible creature but he's always motivated his sides very quickly.

I didn't really think Lennon would get it either, doesn't seem like the kind of thing our board would go for, although I think he could do a fantastic job. Then someone on another board who is a bit more reliable that GTFox but not quite as good as mad biker, said that Lenny is actually really interested and that got me all excited again. I suppose any appointment after that thought would be a let-down...

Archived