Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Who should be the new manager...

Mail on Sunday reckon Dave Penney.

Sunday People reckon Mike Newell.

Nudes of the world reckon Steve Cotterill.

I would prefer either Penney or Newell out of that lot, don't like Cotterill's style of play.

We can't afford to be picky. I have a firm belief that if we appointed Cotterill he'd get us out of the battle. And that is number one priority. He's done it before, others haven't. Who cares as long as we win?

You're right Louise. An ability to dabble in the transfer market would be welcome in the long term, but in terms of getting us out of the mire in the short term, it will be a case of inspiring the current crop of players to perform better than they have done in recent months. The new man needs to be a good organiser, a good tactican and a good motivator. It would be nice if he had some attacking leanings.. but as long as he gets us picking up points, we're alright in the short term.

Yay. We agree on something. :smile::)

I think the answer to our problems it quite simple, MIKE NEWELL OR STEVE COTTERILL.

WHY?

Have you seen Luton play recently?

There tactics involve going out on to the pitch and taking the game to the opposition, Newell is a firm believer, as I am myself, that if the players are enjoying themselves and being aloud to play there own game will get results...

Lets face it, Newell took over when Luton where in League 2 (third div at the time) and has performed some O'Neill like miracles with little money, Luton are now easily holding htere own in this division too.

The answer is staring us straight in the face, Luton will want compo though, as well as there's every chance Newell will not want to leave the club he has built up such a huge reputation with to take the huge gamble it would be to join us in these dark times.

As for Cotterill, if he can make a team of Burnley, he can make a team of us, rumour is he'd want the job too!

We should take action now against Peter Reid becoming the next new manager

This would spell out the end for our beloved club! He is no good to no one, Coventry fans didnt want him, and they took our Reject manager Adams, it would be an insult to the fans for him to be hired... If we could influence the decision of Leveins departure we can influence him on the decision of the next manager, and he reserve the right to let our voices be heard on our club!

With McCallister out of the running i think this situation is becoming more and more likely, I really hope Tim Davies knows what he's doing.

By the way, those of you sticking up for Kisnorbo on another topic, I dont know if you've been watching the same matches or if you've just got used to the poor standard that reflects our league position at the moment, because he is worse than Junior Lewis! Defence maybe, but as a midfielder it is an insult to Wesolowski, Williams, and Hughes for him to be played in there place.

Allardyce for England before the world cup!

I'm sorry but Keegan has the charisma of a dead whale and the footballing intelligence to match.

Tell that to Newcastle fans. We've had enough supposed football intelligence around here these last few years.

This job needs someone with a personality. Keegan, Lennon/Walsh, perhaps Martin Allen. Steady eddies are not an option now.

my choice would be Martin Allen or Steve Tilson or Colin Calderwood or John Gorman or Phil Parkinson in that order.

How can you have Martin Allen above Phil Parkinson? I mean Colchester (apart from beating Derby 3-1 :thumbup: ) have won 18 games out of 20 and are currently 3 places and 4 point above Brentford with a game in hand! Even Tilson is higer!! Hmmm...

In my book these are the 'Impact Men', characters who really would make a differnce by virtue of personality alone.

Walsh is my number one choice. Bollocks to so called coaching 'experience.' No UEFA coaching badge can substitute for top playing experience. No wanky coaching manual (if you've ever actually read any of them they virtually all rehash ideas which were floating around 40 years ago) can substitute for on-field leadership experience.

In the same way that Fowler has set Liverpool on fire since his move back, Walsh would do exactly the same if he returned to Leicester as coach. This psychological lift is exactly what is required in our short battle against the drop.

For a number of reasons the board is unlikely to appoint Steve. He is perceived as a big risk (when in reality he is no more of a risk than anyone else). Strange how the 'what if it goes wrong' yips didn't strike when appointing Taylor or Levein.

Martin Allen is like Micky was in his first season with us. Potentially he maybe even better than Adams. I am really impressed with his overall attitude and man management skills (superb cameo yesterday with DJ Campbell don't you think? That was the moment that Newcastle went out). However we don't know whether he has applied or even been approached for sure do we? Looks like the loyal type to me.

And even if he ain't the prospect of Foxes and Bees crossing in the league must surely have crossed his agile mind...

a mate of a mate of a mate knows one of my other mates who has a mate whos mates with martin o neil say he will make a return to leicester city

from footy rumours someone has caught them out showing what drivvle they are prepared to show

good one for whoever put this on there :thumbup:

In my book these are the 'Impact Men', characters who really would make a differnce by virtue of personality alone.

Walsh is my number one choice. Bollocks to so called coaching 'experience.' No UEFA coaching badge can substitute for top playing experience. No wanky coaching manual (if you've ever actually read any of them they virtually all rehash ideas which were floating around 40 years ago) can substitute for on-field leadership experience.

In the same way that Fowler has set Liverpool on fire since his move back, Walsh would do exactly the same if he returned to Leicester as coach. This psychological lift is exactly what is required in our short battle against the drop.

For a number of reasons the board is unlikely to appoint Steve. He is perceived as a big risk (when in reality he is no more of a risk than anyone else). Strange how the 'what if it goes wrong' yips didn't strike when appointing Taylor or Levein.

Martin Allen is like Micky was in his first season with us. Potentially he maybe even better than Adams. I am really impressed with his overall attitude and man management skills (superb cameo yesterday with DJ Campbell don't you think? That was the moment that Newcastle went out). However we don't know whether he has applied or even been approached for sure do we? Looks like the loyal type to me.

And even if he ain't the prospect of Foxes and Bees crossing in the league must surely have crossed his agile mind...

Walsh is a risk appointment, first of all why would the players at Leicester have respect for him? I understand why all of us do, but not them. There a bunch of players that have been brought by another manager, if a new manager comes in then he will need there respect in terms of what they have achieved in the game. Walsh is only known around Leicester and just would not have that.

Also you do need coaching skills and technical decisions. Leivein worst attribute was that he could not manage the technical aspect! Walsh probably would be the same, get the players motivated and then not know what to do once something goes remotely wrong. Your statement is ridiculous.

Look at the managers struggling at the moment, the old school style (souness, rednapp) and then look at all the managers in every league that are doing well! they are the ones who have updated there ideas into management (alladyce, wenger, newell, mourinho).

We need to get a manager who has the respect of the players, who knows what he is doing technically. Its great to get old players in but look at the ones who have been successful, Stu Pearce and mark hughes are to too prime examples. They went and studied those modern coaching badges and its working. Look at bryan robson, did ok a boro on a large budget got sacked and then went and studied for 2 years and has come back to management a much better man.

If you look at the players who think all you need is reputation alone then you look at ones who have failed, tony adams and denis wise (good first season but his management and tactics have shown though in the long run)

Walsh is a risk appointment, first of all why would the players at Leicester have respect for him? I understand why all of us do, but not them. There a bunch of players that have been brought by another manager, if a new manager comes in then he will need there respect in terms of what they have achieved in the game. Walsh is only known around Leicester and just would not have that.

Also you do need coaching skills and technical decisions. Leivein worst attribute was that he could not manage the technical aspect! Walsh probably would be the same, get the players motivated and then not know what to do once something goes remotely wrong. Your statement is ridiculous.

Look at the managers struggling at the moment, the old school style (souness, rednapp) and then look at all the managers in every league that are doing well! they are the ones who have updated there ideas into management (alladyce, wenger, newell, mourinho).

We need to get a manager who has the respect of the players, who knows what he is doing technically. Its great to get old players in but look at the ones who have been successful, Stu Pearce and mark hughes are to too prime examples. They went and studied those modern coaching badges and its working. Look at bryan robson, did ok a boro on a large budget got sacked and then went and studied for 2 years and has come back to management a much better man.

If you look at the players who think all you need is reputation alone then you look at ones who have failed, tony adams and denis wise (good first season but his management and tactics have shown though in the long run)

Hold on a minute, i don't quite understand, one you're point about respect, that is not a gimmie even if you have acheived great thing as player or a manager, but it is something you earn which Walsh would.

Two you do not need a coaching badge to run a football team, Walsh could get somebody in as assistant to help with the technical side, what Leicester really need right now is a leader someone who take's responsibility when thing's aren't going right (Levein's biggest weakness IMO) and that will also earn respect. :thumbup:

Hold on a minute, i don't quite understand, one you're point about respect, that is not a gimmie even if you have acheived great thing as player or a manager, but it is something you earn which Walsh would.

Two you do not need a coaching badge to run a football team, Walsh could get somebody in as assistant to help with the technical side, what Leicester really need right now is a leader someone who take's responsibility when thing's aren't going right (Levein's biggest weakness IMO) and that will also earn respect. :thumbup:

you have to base your ideas on fact, I did not say you need a coaching badge! but it clealy helps, look at the evidence. We have not got time for someone to earnthere respect from the players. we need it instantly. Why would walsh be guarenteed to earn respect, yes he is a great man but come on you cant hire some one on that basis. Also it takes time, something Leicester do not have.

When stu pearce took over not only was he ahead in terms of modern coaching practices but he had had time as the assistant to get to know the players before he took over.

We are not in that situation, we need help now from someone with some experience, walsh has shown no interest in football since he retired, its a modern game and to me you need to be up to date in the modern ways, to turn around and say that the coaching badges have not been updated for 40 years is ridiculous, look at mourinho, he achieves so much by his modern techniques, nothing to do with respect but about being tactically astute and being able to man manage,

you have to base your ideas on fact, I did not say you need a coaching badge! but it clealy helps, look at the evidence. We have not got time for someone to earnthere respect from the players. we need it instantly. Why would walsh be guarenteed to earn respect, yes he is a great man but come on you cant hire some one on that basis. Also it takes time, something Leicester do not have.

When stu pearce took over not only was he ahead in terms of modern coaching practices but he had had time as the assistant to get to know the players before he took over.

We are not in that situation, we need help now from someone with some experience, walsh has shown no interest in football since he retired, its a modern game and to me you need to be up to date in the modern ways, to turn around and say that the coaching badges have not been updated for 40 years is ridiculous, look at mourinho, he achieves so much by his modern techniques, nothing to do with respect but about being tactically astute and being able to man manage,

So who do you suggest then?? because if what you are saying is true we're doomed.

Did he not apply for the job last time round? The trouble with commiting you're whole career to one club, is when you need a break in managment it usually comes from one of you're previous clubs first.

So who do you suggest then?? because if what you are saying is true we're doomed.

Did he not apply for the job last time round? The trouble with commiting you're whole career to one club, is when you need a break in managment it usually comes from one of you're previous clubs first.

I think we have two options, we can appoint a ex player as assistant to a older expearienced manager, and then let that ex player learn and gradually take over, (like ireland with bobby robson and steve staunton). If thats the case then lets get someone in now to stabilise the ship, keep us up, who is the expearienced sort of manager, for instance keegan (think short term something he is great at - getting clubs up the table!)

then lennon to join in the summer, he would be able to come and learn, gain the respect from the players and then take over. He is known as a player who is asstute tactically and has the will and love of leicester to succed, but in the long run,

The other option is what leicester always seem to go for, take a up and coming manager, for this i would go with newell, seems to be fresh thinking, a good honest manager who knows the score.

Ideally I would like Steve Cotterill and according to The Sun this morning he has been touted as someone to come in. Cotterill knows the leagues well and crikey, he even got Akinbiyi playing well.

Cotterill, although with his club generally playing a 4-5-1, has found he can get Burnley into the play-offs. I genuinely believe that with a bit of tinkering Cotterill, also as a good motivator, could get our squad to do a Reading within a season or so !!

Also though I like idea of Gudjon Thordarson or even Jim Smith ??? - anyone who can motivate a team well??

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/lancashi...t/CLARETS0.html

Looks like we're after Cotterill then !

Archived