Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Who should be the new manager...

When I read the kind of nonsense I found on here I realise I shouldn't be posting as most of you appear to have the mentalities of 10 year olds but here goes anyway.

First of all please get it out of your tiny little minds that MON would ever want to come back here. Not only would personal circumstances preclude it but he wouldn't get of bed now for less than £2m a year. I also hate to shatter your illusions about his supposed nostalgia for LCFC, for he only has at best what can be described as a 'grudging regard' for the club.

Of the realistic candidates who have been put forward only Allen remotely fits the bill. Sadly, those odds of 20/1 (if they are to be believed) suggest he is way out of the reckoning. He is worth an interview because he comes across as a communicator, an enthusiast and one who can relate to players. If he was a player he would lead by example rather than by sheer force of personality.

But what we really need is a BIG FIERCE MAN who does rule by sheer force of personality. One who chucks the tea cups and turns on the hair dryer full blast. One who terrifies the players into playing well because they know he can beat them up for fun. Sadly @ 70 Jack Charlton no longer fits the bill.

We have had more than enough nonsense about youngsters, systems and tactics over the last fifteen months to last a lifetime. And we have heard precious little about the inner game, team spirit or scrapping for victory. Over the next 16 games we need boldness and guts to stay up not footie-double-speak.

And we need someone who can tell our prima donnas that with a big ****ing hairy fist.

As I said 2 days ago Colin Todd wants the job and fits your criteria,but whether his record is good enough is open to much debate.

I would love us to get a charismatic attack-minded manager. But even someone like Kevin Keegan would need assistance even in the unlikely even that he might come.

I would appoint Dion Dublin, certainly in the short term. He would be available, he knows the players, he is highly regarded by the youngsters, would almost certainly keep the youth development policy going, he is well respected, he has experience as forward and attacker and would probably be cheaper to employ (being already on a player contract) than bringing in someone from elsewhere. That is a lot of pluses that other people don't have. If Keegan/Dublin could work together or would work together then that might be sound.

I would love us to get a charismatic attack-minded manager. But even someone like Kevin Keegan would need assistance even in the unlikely even that he might come.

I would appoint Dion Dublin, certainly in the short term. He would be available, he knows the players, he is highly regarded by the youngsters, would almost certainly keep the youth development policy going, he is well respected, he has experience as forward and attacker and would probably be cheaper to employ (being already on a player contract) than bringing in someone from elsewhere. That is a lot of pluses that other people don't have. If Keegan/Dublin could work together or would work together then that might be sound.

Rob Kelly and Dion Dublin, I think it's abit late in the day to find a quality manager that will satisfy the fans adn would be happy if we didn't survive this season!!

When I read the kind of nonsense I found on here I realise I shouldn't be posting as most of you appear to have the mentalities of 10 year olds but here goes anyway.

First of all please get it out of your tiny little minds that MON would ever want to come back here. Not only would personal circumstances preclude it but he wouldn't get of bed now for less than £2m a year. I also hate to shatter your illusions about his supposed nostalgia for LCFC, for he only has at best what can be described as a 'grudging regard' for the club.

Of the realistic candidates who have been put forward only Allen remotely fits the bill. Sadly, those odds of 20/1 (if they are to be believed) suggest he is way out of the reckoning. He is worth an interview because he comes across as a communicator, an enthusiast and one who can relate to players. If he was a player he would lead by example rather than by sheer force of personality.

But what we really need is a BIG FIERCE MAN who does rule by sheer force of personality. One who chucks the tea cups and turns on the hair dryer full blast. One who terrifies the players into playing well because they know he can beat them up for fun. Sadly @ 70 Jack Charlton no longer fits the bill.

We have had more than enough nonsense about youngsters, systems and tactics over the last fifteen months to last a lifetime. And we have heard precious little about the inner game, team spirit or scrapping for victory. Over the next 16 games we need boldness and guts to stay up not footie-double-speak.

There may be something in what you say but Levein was a great one for selecting headless chickens and everlasting chasers. What he never understood was how to put a cohesive team together. And it is alright having a head banger manager (it might be good if he's the right head banger) but don't forget the manager has to deal with the players presently at the club. And when he chooses who to play he has to get them functioning as an effective unit. Perfectly possible I reckon, barring key injuries, but I bet we make it hard.

And we need someone who can tell our prima donnas that with a big ****ing hairy fist.

Hmmm Dublin and Reid??? Coventry connection????? :ph34r:

I really don't know who I want as manager because quite frankly I don't know how much we can afford etc.

I will choose one from each category.

Short Term:

Stan Ternant - Horrible beast of a man but has experience and is a complete motivator. His points to game ratio at Gillingham last season was fairly impressive considering how poor a side they were. If he did the same here we would stay up as not only do we have better players but 50 points will be more than enough to stay up.

Long Term:

Martin Allen - All the credentials other than experience at this level. Man motvator and a team spirit man. Nuts aswell, but hopefully in a good way. Brentford are skint, compensation would be minimal.

Un-realistic:

Kevin Keegan/Terry Venables - Also ties in with a short term fix as we all know about their reputations for ****ing off. Both been there and done it at most levels, command respect and if they love football and are bored they might be tempted?

I really don't know who I want as manager because quite frankly I don't know how much we can afford etc.

Short Term:

Stan Ternant - Horrible beast of a man but has experience and is a complete motivator. His points to game ratio at Gillingham last season was fairly impressive considering how poor a side they were. If he did the same here we would stay up as not only do we have better players but 50 points will be more than enough to stay up.

Long Term:

Martin Allen - All the credentials other than experience at this level. Man motvator and a team spirit man. Nuts aswell, but hopefully in a good way. Brentford are skint, compensation would be minimal.

Un-realistic:

Kevin Keegan/Terry Venables - Also ties in with a short term fix as we all know about their reputations for ****ing off. Both been there and done it at most levels, command respect and if they love football and are bored they might be tempted?

i like the long term answer of martin allen , great motivator but he always played in the london area and now manages in the capital , would he want to up sticks and come to the midlands?

i like the long term answer of martin allen , great motivator but he always played in the london area and now manages in the capital , would he want to up sticks and come to the midlands?

Yes didnt think of that, He is a wideboy through and through.

I'm sorry but Keegan has the charisma of a dead whale and the footballing intelligence to match.

As per a previous post of mine I would put forward the option of letting bygones be bygones, burying the hatchet, forgiving and forgetting an not holding grudges. Surely Brian Little could be a possibility. Lennon as player/assistant.

Also think he'd jump at chance as he told hume to come here as 'it was his best time as a manager'.

He did it for us before!

What's so wrong with the old cov combination of Gary Mac and Eric Black (No2 at Birmingham must be ready to jump!!!)? They were doing great at Cov til Gary Mac's Mrs got ill and Reidy took over!! Think Dublin was there too, gotta be worth a go??

Maybe Gary Mac's up for a full time role? (have seen previous post suggesting his Mrs had died?? Not sure to be honest??) :ermm:

What's so wrong with the old cov combination of Gary Mac and Eric Black (No2 at Birmingham must be ready to jump!!!)? They were doing great at Cov til Gary Mac's Mrs got ill and Reidy took over!! Think Dublin was there too, gotta be worth a go??

Maybe Gary Mac's up for a full time role? (have seen previous post suggesting his Mrs had died?? Not sure to be honest??) :ermm:

Mrs Mac is apparently alive and in remission at the moment. The Scotsman got it wrong.

However Mr Mac's record at Coventry wasn't 'great' as you suggest.

I know he's from Scotland but how about Terry Butcher from Motherwell?

There are three options from Scotland that I would consider if I were TD.

Alex McCleish of Rangers. Would have been sacked had he not got the 'Gers into the next round of the Champions League, but his impact when he first took over a Rangers team sorely lacking confidence was immediate. Arguably, he's a better manager than O'Neill was in Scotland because Rangers lack the resources Celtic have nowadays.

If he doesn't get sacked he won't move. If he does he might not want Leicester anyway.

Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus of Hibs. 3rd place in Scotland doesn't mean much, but they are both English and Hibs play better football than Levein's Hearts did.

Terry Butcher of Motherwell. Butcher did a good job of resuscitating a very poor team and kept them in the division. Hasn't really made too much progress since then, though.

Probably would be a good short-term option for his ability to stop players feeling sorry for themselves.

Short Term:

Long Term:

Un-realistic:

Would have to agree wih that, but it's just my opinion that Tilson would be the better long term option.

On a different note, what is everyones views on Robertson?

BERNIE TO BE NEW MANAGER!

because leicester have had to pay off craig levein, the draw strings are obviously very very tight and by all accounts, all Bernie is asking for is free beer, a steak and kidney pie, a new tracksuit and jesters hat. his win bonus is to be facepaint.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Well, i was walking to my pool match with the groundsman last night and he said that the club anlayst had seen a piece of paper that belongs to Tim Davies and was titled "Basset AND Wilkinson Vs Reid"

Well, i was walking to my pool match with the groundsman last night and he said that the club anlayst had seen a piece of paper that belongs to Tim Davies and was titled "Basset AND Wilkinson Vs Reid"

basset yes wilko NOOOOOOOOO :ermm:

Archived