Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
riggyswfc

Scot Gemmil..

Awful whenever I saw him play. He doesn't really offer anything other than the fact he'll be in and around the centre of midfield trying to disrupt things.

It's things like this that really make me struggle to fathom out what's happening in football at the minute. No offence to Sheff Wed but they sign the likes of Deon Burton and Scot Gemmill and start picking up results and the same with Coventry who have a shower of shite at their disposal, yet we have some extremely talented youngsters in Hume, Fryatt, Hughes, Williams, Gerrbrand, McCarthy, Smith, Wesolowski and Stearman and we are facing relegation.

This league isn't about talent, it's who wants it the most and who can fight for their lives.

We also have a lot of talented youngsters, but we have a couple of league one/two players still mixed in with them.

We signed BARRY HORNE in the Premiership when he was about 37, people were slagging us off, and he was actually our best player for the remained of the season!

Awful whenever I saw him play. He doesn't really offer anything other than the fact he'll be in and around the centre of midfield trying to disrupt things.

It's things like this that really make me struggle to fathom out what's happening in football at the minute. No offence to Sheff Wed but they sign the likes of Deon Burton and Scot Gemmill and start picking up results and the same with Coventry who have a shower of shite at their disposal, yet we have some extremely talented youngsters in Hume, Fryatt, Hughes, Williams, Gerrbrand, McCarthy, Smith, Wesolowski and Stearman and we are facing relegation.

This league isn't about talent, it's who wants it the most and who can fight for their lives.

Agreed we need a player with real spirit and fuse confidence and fight into the rest of the lads, he just doesn't fit the bill!!!

We signed BARRY HORNE in the Premiership when he was about 37, people were slagging us off, and he was actually our best player for the remained of the season!

and that's where City have struggled. I reckon a quality team needs a midfield anchor sitting just in front of defence. We certainly do. Lennon was brilliant at it. I remember when Wigan came to the Walkers in April, and murdered us 2-0, they had Kavanagh playing that role superbly. They'd plucked him from the lower reaches of the Championship, and he was outstanding.

From the current squad I reckon either Gudjonnson or Kisnorbo (yes, really) could play that role. Trouble is we've never decided who is doing what. So you have an anchor midfielder breaking things up and simply passing the ball to one of the more creative midfield three (Hughes or Williams, but not both, Smith and Hume or Sylla)

It's simple really Ric, their not as good as you think they are. Hume doesn't score, as good as some of the postions he gets into either our other players fail to spot them or he misses, Fryatts looks lively but is still young and will take time to adapt properly, and his still only 19. Hughes is playing crap Williams aint trying Mcarthy suffers lapses, Smith has trailed off big time recenlty, Weso is only just getting into the team and Stearmen is playing like a good championship Right back 80% if the time.

Add to that the lack a good seasoned proffesional or two in the starting XI and have zero confidence and you have our league postion.

It's simple really Ric, their not as good as you think they are. Hume doesn't score, as good as some of the postions he gets into either our other players fail to spot them or he misses, Fryatts looks lively but is still young and will take time to adapt properly, and his still only 19. Hughes is playing crap Williams aint trying Mcarthy suffers lapses, Smith has trailed off big time recenlty, Weso is only just getting into the team and Stearmen is playing like a good championship Right back 80% if the time.

Add to that the lack a good seasoned proffesional or two in the starting XI and have zero confidence and you have our league postion.

Explain to me how Covbentry are doing aswell as they are because they have one of the most disgusting teams in history other than McSheffrey.

Explain to me how Covbentry are doing aswell as they are because they have one of the most disgusting teams in history other than McSheffrey.

Their all on pay as you play/score/spit/pass/hoof/Punch a sleeping team mate/polish mickeys boots contracts? So they actually need to play well. plus they do have some half decent players.

Their all on pay as you play/score/spit/pass/hoof/Punch a sleeping team mate/polish mickeys boots contracts? So they actually need to play well. plus they do have some half decent players.

LMAO sounds about right!!!

Coventry all crap players... hmmm.. players who I would like to sign from Cov would include:-

Stephen Hughes

Andy Morrell

Gary McSheffrey

Stuart Giddings

and even... Dele Adebola (a rich man's MDV???)

Hahaha, I don't think so. He's garbage.

As for Gemmill, he wasn't too bad - just very average, who offered us nothing when in the team.

Archived