Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Brighton match thread

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I E I E I O

UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO

WHEN WE GET PROMOTION THIS IS WHAT WE'LL SING

WE ARE CHAMPIONS WE ARE CHAMPIONS

ROBERT KELLYS TEAM!

Um :blush: maybe.

3 wins on the trot is sweeeeet. We still have to be very careful but if we can beat Derby & Hull it should take us into the mid table pack ie about 15th or 14th if we're lucky

Sweet reading...

15 Plymouth ------- 32 9 12 11 29 37 -8 39

16 Stoke City ----- 32 12 3 17 35 47 -12 39

17 Hull City ------ 33 9 10 14 36 41 -5 37

18 Southampton ---- 33 7 15 11 30 36 -6 36

19 Leicester City - 33 8 11 14 35 43 -8 35

20 Derby County --- 33 6 16 11 40 48 -8 34

21 Sheffield Weds - 33 8 10 15 25 39 -14 34

-------------------------------------------

22 Brighton ------- 33 5 14 14 31 51 -20 29

23 Millwall ------- 33 5 12 16 23 45 -22 27

24 Crewe ---------- 33 4 11 18 38 72 -34 23

Great result...lovely to wake up here in the US and see a Foxes win on the table. I think this seals Kelley's tenure here until close season.

Did anyone go to the game? How did the guys play? Knowing that Brighton is in the middle of, well, nowhere, they should be back by Wednesday. :P

im so happy we've won, deffo give kelly the job AT LEAST till the end of the season...i said it all along on my other screen name that got cancelled<"mark de vries is crap" and one person agreed with me...we get rid of him and win 3 games in a row,,,i bet levien is sick as a parrot!!! COME ON LEICESTER!!!! MWAAHAHAHAHAAHAH :D

A another win against the Sheep on Tuesday and I think we can start looking up rather than down...!!

i agree m8, 100% push for promotion!!! no but seriously, i don't think we'll go down, not after these 3 good performances, the players can see what they're capable of now, now that tit levein has gone!

Get in. Quite like this winning games thing.

Me, too. It releases those very helpful hormones in your brain. lol

Excellent news. I missed the game on the Live Commentary due to a Birthday party here at home that lasted for me until 5 o'clock in the morning... It's impressive to see us winning three in a row now and moving out of that shameful relegation zone, step by step. I cannot empasize how much credit Rob Kelly has deserved for this achievement so far and how much I appreciate the player's newly-found professional attitude.

So, the miracle run continues. Great job. Keep it up!

WHO ARE WE??

Obviously it's a great result considering the league positions of the sides but I must say, the performance today was pretty apalling.

Apart from the goals, the first half contained nothing of interest from either side. 2nd half, from the first whistle we just sat back. The amount of balls hoofed and sliced in the air was laughable and pressure we just invited pressure from a massively below strength Brighton side. When Weso went off it got 10 times worse, he was the only player in the midfield who was capable of getting the ball down and orchestrating a bit of play - his injury looked reasonably serious by the way.

Front 2 worked hard, Hume played as well as I've seen for a while and Fryatt had some nice touches. Centre halves were both solid but both fullbacks were troubled (worst game from Stearman in a while). Joey was poor again, Hughes anonymous and Sylla was an absolute disgrace until the last 5 minutes where he was the only Leicester player who didn't hoof the ball aimlessly. Oh and don't get me started on Rab.

The good thing is, we would have lost this game a few weeks ago. Oh and if we need a right winger, Sebastien Carole was brilliant until he went off injured.

Obviously it's a great result considering the league positions of the sides but I must say, the performance today was pretty apalling.

Apart from the goals, the first half contained nothing of interest from either side. 2nd half, from the first whistle we just sat back. The amount of balls hoofed and sliced in the air was laughable and pressure we just invited pressure from a massively below strength Brighton side. When Weso went off it got 10 times worse, he was the only player in the midfield who was capable of getting the ball down and orchestrating a bit of play - his injury looked reasonably serious by the way.

Front 2 worked hard, Hume played as well as I've seen for a while and Fryatt had some nice touches. Centre halves were both solid but both fullbacks were troubled (worst game from Stearman in a while). Joey was poor again, Hughes anonymous and Sylla was an absolute disgrace until the last 5 minutes where he was the only Leicester player who didn't hoof the ball aimlessly. Oh and don't get me started on Rab.

The good thing is, we would have lost this game a few weeks ago. Oh and if we need a right winger, Sebastien Carole was brilliant until he went off injured.

That's exactly what made us lose so many games under Levein. We "played pretty", but nevertheless didn't score. Now that we score goals and win the lethal games, the team is slated for not being fun to watch.

If you want to avoid relegation, you have to win. If you want to win, you have to play ugly sometimes.

Remember: "Offense wins games, defense wins titles". So far, we're doing both fairly well. Let's keep it up. :thumbup:

Archived