Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Brighton match thread

I'm just calling it as i saw it. The performance was poor and I'm sure you'll hear the same from others who were at the game. I made the implication that getting 3 points from such a performance is a positive sign.

Fair enough. Please don't feel attacked by my side, you know much more about the game itself (obviously). I was just comparing the overall situation now and a few weeks ago, which seems like a 180 degree turn to me (for the better, of course). ;)

And a lack of complete lack of midfield options - Sick Smith was the only proper midfield player on the bench, and he wasn't up to it when Weso was injured. It's quite rough - thats also probably half the reason Sylla was played. He's crap, but we didn't have much choice with Smith being sick, Williams being sick and Maybury being suspended.

Be interesting to see if Sylla gets a game on Tuesday with Maybury back, and hopefully Williams recovering.

Just got back from the game.

First 10 minutes was good, we came straight out of the blocks and really hit them hard. Couldn't believe the start we had, and everyone was going mental! The rest of the game was a bit of a bore and we sat back a hell of a lot, but held out well.

At the end, all the lads came over and clapped and cheered at us just like at QPR. All in all, a scrappy game, but we deserved it because Brighton are so shite.

Having been to the game it was a very poor match and so many ways we betrayed our lack of confidence.

Brighton are a very poor side and never looked like scoring without Douglas' help. He has to either claim the ball or let the defenders defend. McCarthy and Kisnorbo were good but Stearman was poor and although Johanssen was not good he had only one of two half way decent Brighton players up against him. The Brighton centre half who marked Fryatt was excellent.

Wesolowski was good and was missed when he went off. Hughes was ok but the rest were lightweight.

We were poor but still got the result. We have played better under CL and lost I am sure but maybe the bad luck has gone a little self belief has come into the side, even more so after today. :thumbup:;)

Think that centre half was Paul McShane, on loan from Man Utd.

Thought Carole was excellent on their right wing as well, although he's another one who can't be much above 5'7"

If I were scouting then I would have a second and a third look at both of them. Both looked to have a little bit of quality about them. ;):thumbup:

Jon Barber (as reliable as he is ;) ) said McShane was "dreadful" and that he "couldn't see what Man United saw in him".

If McShane was "dreadful" dan ik ben Nederlander. Fryatt never got a look in and that should tell you everything you need to know. ;):thumbup:

Watched the goals on the championship and I must say Rab's punch was nothing short of criminal. I hate to say it, but I think we would get found out as soon as we play someone semi decent.

that may be the case, which makes winning these games against teams in poor form even more crucial.

Watched the goals on the championship and I must say Rab's punch was nothing short of criminal. I hate to say it, but I think we would get found out as soon as we play someone semi decent.

Exactly and every time there is a set piece we are all walking on egg shells. :( <_<

I listened to it on the radio, and I sum it up as 'good win, poor performance', but I would have took that before the game considering our circumstances. I was hoping, we would gone on to destroy brighton but I suppose were not that kind of team, even under Kelly.

Derby game will be much more of a test, a midlands derby etc!!!

Archived