Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

How much of our recent success has been down to Levein?

Well when Craig arrived here, his first game against Crewe resulted in this team:

------------------Pressman

Canero-----Dabizas----Heath-------Tiatto

Gillespie-----Nalis----Gudjonsson--Stewart

-------Scowcroft-------Connolly

SUBS: Dublin, Stearman, Gemmill, Morris, Wright

Rob Kelly's team against Brighton:

----------------------Douglas

Stearman---McCarthy---Kisnorbo---Johansson

Sylla---Gudjonsson-----Wesolowski---Hughes

------------Hume-----------Fryatt

SUBS: Henderson, Hammond, Gerrbrand, Smith, O'Grady

Says it all doesn't it? If only Levein could have got things right on match days.........

He's better than Heath or Kisnorbo.

Don't forget that before 3 games ago Kisnorbo was being hailed as the worst player ever to pull on a city shirt by a lot of people. Dabizas had his faults but he wasn't all that bad.. just gave too many free kicks away.

Not a lot really.

I don't believe it was just bad luck we lost all those games.

Kelly has modestly pointed to the arrival of Fryatt and then there has been the availablility up until now of Wesolowski but I never thought it was the personnel used by Levein that let us down as such.

Indeed, I still don't think we play our best side even now.

But Kelly seems a lot less confrontational in his man management. I remember the humiliation of Nils, for example. I'm not Nils' greatest fan as a player but if he were in my team I'd bull him up, try and make him feel 10 times as good as he is, rather than rolling him over in public.

Then there were tales of rows with people like Dion and Humey. True or not Levein wasted the abilities of both players IMO and others.

I don't agree with some of Kelly's selections but he has been consistent, he has not constantly changed the team, he has been seen to go around with a word or two to each of his players before the match and he seems to have a focused but happy demeanour.

Without doubt he has improved City's organisation and concentration. He has got people like Kisnorbo, who were playing badly, playing well in a position more suited to them. Alotgether the players seem happier in their work and it is just those sort of little things which have made the difference cos we were never getting thrashings even under Levein.

It is no good getting capables players in if you cannot make em function effectively. I won't say "play" because I don't think we've got to taht stage yet.

Well when Craig arrived here, his first game against Crewe resulted in this team:

------------------Pressman

Canero-----Dabizas----Heath-------Tiatto

Gillespie-----Nalis----Gudjonsson--Stewart

-------Scowcroft-------Connolly

SUBS: Dublin, Stearman, Gemmill, Morris, Wright

Rob Kelly's team against Brighton:

----------------------Douglas

Stearman---McCarthy---Kisnorbo---Johansson

Sylla---Gudjonsson-----Wesolowski---Hughes

------------Hume-----------Fryatt

SUBS: Henderson, Hammond, Gerrbrand, Smith, O'Grady

Says it all doesn't it? If only Levein could have got things right on match days.........

i wud play:

Douglas

Stearman McCarthy Kisnorbo Johansson

Gillespie Gudjonsson Wesolowski Hughes

Hume Fryatt

Fryatt and Connolly too similar to play together.

Also, you mentioned how everyon was sayin that Kisnorb was the worst player to ever pull on a City shirt. Well, that was before he was moved to his NATURAL position FFS!!

As for Dabizas, he was awful!! Although i wouldnt have said this 3 weeks ago, Kisnorbo is a much better defender!!

Don't forget that before 3 games ago Kisnorbo was being hailed as the worst player ever to pull on a city shirt by a lot of people. Dabizas had his faults but he wasn't all that bad.. just gave too many free kicks away.

But who of the three would be best as a midfielder and who would be best as a centre back? Could you see Dabizas playing well at centre mid?

i wud play:

Douglas

Stearman McCarthy Kisnorbo Johansson

Gillespie Gudjonsson Wesolowski Hughes

Hume Fryatt

Fryatt and Connolly too similar to play together.

Also, you mentioned how everyon was sayin that Kisnorb was the worst player to ever pull on a City shirt. Well, that was before he was moved to his NATURAL position FFS!!

As for Dabizas, he was awful!! Although i wouldnt have said this 3 weeks ago, Kisnorbo is a much better defender!!

Mine:

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Johannson

Sylla

Gudjohnssen

Williams

Hughes

Fyatt

Hume

(Weso OUT)

SUBS:

Henderson, Hammond, Gerrbrand, Smith, O'Grady (who may edge into the XI, im my book)

With respect to the initial question, without doubt Levein has played a significant role in our recent upturn in form - he built the side that's been winning. However, it seems his inability to curb a dip in form (that turned into a relegation threat), coupled with one or two tactical mistakes was his undoing. Kelly has shown, so far, that with one or two minor adjustments we can win.

Stewart and Joey are the only two contenders for starting places from the team left for Craig to take over with, How difficult it's been to find a left back, there was nothing ever wrong with Stewart. I wouldn't choose Connolly - did a lot of good work outside the box but he never looked like scoring enough goals, but you never know maybe with a half decent partner up front he'd have got a few more.

Gillespie would have to be picked I think. Levein was harsh on him, after he'd finished the season strongly.Yet another occasion of his man-management and decision making being poor.

Gillespie contributed far more than Sylla/Hammill have at any point.

But only when his contract was up for renewal, you watch Sylla when his is due, he'll make Kisnorbo's conversion look like the new coming ;)

I'd prefer him, I think Johansson was one of CL's poor buys, squad player at best.

you can't blame levein for wanting to sign nissa.

look at the facts.

1)International

2)Blackburn signed him for 2.5 million

3)He's made alot of appearances in the premiership

4)still only 25

when we got him on a free i thought it was a great signing, but he has been poor unfortunately. i still think he's done o.k in his limited centre back appearances, levein wrecked his confidence a bit i think.

i have to disagree, heath was a legend and plyed really well, and kisnorbo of recent form is doing really well. have you actually seen or heard the games they both played in?

i have to disagree, heath was a legend and plyed really well, and kisnorbo of recent form is doing really well. have you actually seen or heard the games they both played in?

Heath's distribution was awful and although he won a lot of headers, they didn't seem to go where he wanted.

I wanted him to do well, he's a Leicester boy and I'm sure he's a nice bloke. His goalscoring exploits were a bonus but he just wasn't good enough as a centre back.

to use the word "legend" to describe matt heath shows total disrespect to all the great players of the past who are true legends of the game. Heath looked like bambi on ice, he had no pace and isn't the sort of player that this club needs to move forward

Absolute rubbish. Heath was dreadful in every respect apart from being a young lad from Leicester. Kisnorbo has been decent in three games. Three. Hopefully he'll keep it up for the rest of the season and will be a cult hero at the club, but just two weeks ago you would have punched me in the face if I said he was one of the best two defenders at the club in the last 3 years.

Craig did everything he said he would barr Results, and managers live and die by results, Recent success in the past few games has been down to Levein's work, Craig did not understand how to play players, how to man manage, e.t.c.

End of.

Craig did everything he said he would barr Results, and managers live and die by results, Recent success in the past few games has been down to Levein's work, Craig did not understand how to play players, how to man manage, e.t.c.

End of.

seconded, thirded and fourthdededed! you speak wise words and the end of should be the end of.fullstop.dot.

Archived