Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Birch'sLeftBoot

Baseless rumour of the day

After hearing a bit of a dodgy but possible rumour from a caller to the moan-in regarding Gareth Williams wanting out (back to Forest) in the close season, I got to thinking about the possibilities or probability of this. Knowing that Commons has fallen out of favour at Forest (possibly because of a fall-out with Megson), and is a superb left-sided player on his day, what would the possibility be of a Williams for Commons swap straight up???

All comments here....

After hearing a bit of a dodgy but possible rumour from a caller to the moan-in regarding Gareth Williams wanting out (back to Forest) in the close season, I got to thinking about the possibilities or probability of this. Knowing that Commons has fallen out of favour at Forest (possibly because of a fall-out with Megson), and is a superb left-sided player on his day, what would the possibility be of a Williams for Commons swap straight up???

All comments here....

commons is a quality young player i know that much.

All comments here....

I can't imagine Williams returning to Forest not even if they were in the Championship. Williams will probably be retired before that becomes a possibility ;)

I support Forest too, and while Commons may be rated slightly higher than Williams, Commons is regarded as out of shape but talented, and has been the most creative player for the Reds when on his game (rare flashes this season). He hasn't featured as of late, and could be due for a move come May. Williams could pair with Clignan to give Forest what they have lacked since Gareth lacked- a ball-holding midfielder that plays the ball on the ground and can create something for the front two. With Wesolowski, it could be likely Gareth would be away too, no?

I think that Commons is a bit over-rated to be honest. I admit I've probably not seen him play enough to make a really sound judgement, but he never set this division alight and certainly hasn't done so in League One either.

They are both luxury players who drift in and out of games.. it's Williams though, in my opinion who possesses more class and ability. It's just going to need the right system and management to bring that out of him.

I can't imagine Williams returning to Forest not even if they were in the Championship. Williams will probably be retired before that becomes a possibility ;)

I thought Williams had officially retired? He's the Arnold Palmer of Leicester City - he just re-emerges occasionally only to embarass himself all over again.

Agreed!

If Williams leaves Leicester City he'll go to a premier club as a squad player, there are worse Midfielders then him in the premier (imo)

I support Forest too, [..]

Um, stop right there... did I hear that right?

:blink:

In regard to Commons, the last thing we need is someone with ability but who doesn't put the effort in. We've got/had enough of those in the squad already and all they do is disappoint.

Another baseless rumour for today, from good ol' Football Rumours....

from the advice of Neil Lennon Leicester city will sign celtic number 2 goalkeeper David Marshall in the summer intently on loan for the season and if its a success and Leicester city get promoted to the premier league the will sign him permanently for £500 000 and Rab douglas is on his way back to Scotland with dundee united for a f/t after a unsuccessful season with Leicester

It would be more convincing if there hadn't been an article on Marshall on the BBC site recently (someone's put two and two together and made seven) and also the bit about Rab. Why go to Dundee Utd and earn much less money?

I've never seen Marshall play so I can't comment on what he's like.

I am merely the conduit.

:ermm:

It would be more convincing if there hadn't been an article on Marshall on the BBC site recently (someone's put two and two together and made seven) and also the bit about Rab. Why go to Dundee Utd and earn much less money?

I am merely the conduit.

I am merely the conduit.

He's a very talented goalie and i'm surprised he isn't first choice for Celtic. I doubt this is true and the £500k wouldn't be as he's worth more than that.

He's a very talented goalie and i'm surprised he isn't first choice for Celtic. I doubt this is true and the £500k wouldn't be as he's worth more than that.

Its more then likely wishful thinking which is all that website is. You never read a rumour about Richard Stearmen going to Fulham for 1.1 Million do you?

I am merely the conduit.

I would be happy with that. :D:D;):thumbup:

Archived