Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
A fox for life

close season transfers?

where does everyone think we need strengthening in the squad?

i think we need another keeper and midfielder before anything, at times this season i swear we dont play with a midfield (except when weso( :( ) and joey play ).

newbie here hows everyone!?

:welcome:

A bit early to be thinking of tranfers yet?! Depends if we stay up. If we do, we'll probably have a bit of money to spend. If we dont............. :cry: i dont want to think about it!

A bit early to be thinking of tranfers yet?! Depends if we stay up. If we do, we'll probably have a bit of money to spend. If we dont............. :cry: i dont want to think about it!

Agreed - lets try and stay up first :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum matey :wave:

a midfield player and a goalkeeper. if we have enough left then another midfield player :)

left back spot can be covered by nissa , sheehan.

with hume and fryatt out and out wingers arent a must but we do have , in theory , three at the club under contract , porter , sylla and hamill :ermm:

2 keepers ( Not a big fan of rab or henderson. 1 youngish and 1 proven)

1 left back ( was gilbert that bad )

1 left mid ( An old guppy who just sat on the halfway line n whipped some good crosses in)

logan is doing well at boston so thats the youngish 1 sorted, i like the shout of hoult back as the other, quality keeper could still cut it at this level easily

*A goalkeeper

A left back, maybe Sheehan?

A centre back ( No need if we get a new left back as Nissa can move in to the centre)

Right midfield (If Sylla can buck up his ideas there is no need, as Poter is coming through)

Left Winger ( Preferebly someone who can play right midfield too)

Centre midfielder ( Probably a box to box player)

Striker ( O'Grady? If he improves or maybe a new big strong player. defintly not De-Vries returning!)

Thats around 6 players who are needed and if we do make the right sigining I'm sure that we can push on up the table.

Next season's squad:

GK - Douglas, Henderson, Logan

DF - McCarthy, Johansson, Maybury, Kisnorbo, Stearman, Gerrbrand, Sheehan

MD - Sylla, Hughes, Williams, Wesolowski, Hamill

ST - Hammond, Hume, Fryatt, O'Grady

Gone??? - Gudjonsson, Smith, Tiatto, Morris, De Vries

Of that 19-man squad, you've got Hamill who's not up to it as well as Williams and Stearman who might be whisked away from us for the right price, and you could be down to 13 outfielders.

I don't know who else will graduate from the Academy to add to that lot.

I'd spend the pennies on a complete midfield re-fit. I'd also resist the urge go and buy a hulking goon up-front, unless we're guaranteed an improvement in the service from the flanks.

Next season's squad:

GK - Douglas, Henderson, Logan

DF - McCarthy, Johansson, Maybury, Kisnorbo, Stearman, Gerrbrand, Sheehan

MD - Sylla, Hughes, Williams, Wesolowski, Hamill

ST - Hammond, Hume, Fryatt, O'Grady

Gone??? - Gudjonsson, Smith, Tiatto, Morris, De Vries

Of that 19-man squad, you've got Hamill who's not up to it as well as Williams and Stearman who might be whisked away from us for the right price, and you could be down to 13 outfielders.

I don't know who else will graduate from the Academy to add to that lot.

I'd spend the pennies on a complete midfield re-fit. I'd also resist the urge go and buy a hulking goon up-front, unless we're guaranteed an improvement in the service from the flanks.

i thinks its pertty certain that chambers will play a few games from next season, even if its just in the cup, then porter will be involed at some point IMO

We need:-

1 x Goalkeeper - Rab Douglas is just an awful goalkeeper and the players dont trust him, let alone the fans!

2 x wingers - One for each side, sadly Ryan Smith is Arsenal's creation and Momo Sylla doesnt have any heart, passion and is very lazy.

1 x midfielder - This may be needed to replace Joey who is leaving in the summer (sadly).

Strange how nobody feels we need another striker, a month ago that position was our main priority. Hume, Fryatt and O'Grady are good, but i think Hammond she be used as a winger. Therefore we need another forward, preferably a big, experienced targetman.

where does everyone think we need strengthening in the squad?

i think we need another keeper and midfielder before anything, at times this season i swear we dont play with a midfield (except when weso( :( ) and joey play ).

newbie here hows everyone!?

Welcome to the forum kiddo!

IMO we need 2 wingers

Sylla lazy and I wasn’t impressed with him at all on Tuesday

Smith on his way back to the Gunners at the end of the season, and I don’t know how you lot feel about Tiatto back on the left (oops sorry drifting into the centre for a change) next season.

A left back, Johannson not doing to bad but it looks like Sheehan still won’t get a go in that slot for some unknown reason so we someone for there.

a midfield player and a goalkeeper. if we have enough left then another midfield player :)

left back spot can be covered by nissa , sheehan.

with hume and fryatt out and out wingers arent a must but we do have , in theory , three at the club under contract , porter , sylla and hamill :ermm:

correction 1 winger : Porter

Sylla and Hammil can never be called wingers I would call the CR@P ( the have sh*t perfomances to prove this)

Strange how nobody feels we need another striker, a month ago that position was our main priority. Hume, Fryatt and O'Grady are good, but i think Hammond she be used as a winger. Therefore we need another forward, preferably a big, experienced targetman.

I agree with you on that one, as for a big striker well sorry to say this but I think MDV will be back, it doesn’t look like he is getting many, if any games for “Haagen Daz†FC or what ever they are called.

Archived