Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

@ScouseFox / other horsie people

Do you think there's anything in the Tim Vaughan bet at uttoxeter today?

i would massively doubt it, probably once every 6 months something similar is mentioned and it's only ever come in when it's barney behind it. 

the fact one of them getting backed was then declared a non runner wouldn't fill me with any more confidence either. this type of shit takes months if not years of planning, to only pull one out because of a bit of rain or because it's not fully fit would hint to me he's not gonna manage it. 

but if someone lets you have a fiver acca and it's still worth it at whatever prices they are then may as well, you don't know until you know I guess. wouldn't be piling into them as good things though. 

also just looked at the prices, if the bookies were genuinely scared they wouldn't still be offering 5/2s about the gaff. when barney pulled it off his 4 went from about 20/1 each to about 1/3 each as soon as there was any word about it. 

On 27 August 2016 at 01:16, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah it was Col. I can't tell if it's pure luck or if I'm playing this right, I have a few rules I stick to for BTTS...

- If the away team is stronger, it's likely to pay out. I'm not totally sure why that's the case, but I've been checking the results and it's actually true.

- Germany & Holland. I think I've gotten a bit lucky with Poland, looking at some of the results, but Germany & Holland are goals everywhere. In the Eredivisie this season there have been 31 games, and it's paid out for 21 of them. Germany's had good attacking and crap defending for years as well.

- Peterborough United. You know the drill with them. They've been like it for years. Other sides this season looking good for it at Barnsley, Millwall and if last weekend is anything to go by, Sevilla.

- The lower the standard of league, the higher the chance. For me this boils down to pressure. There is a lot less financially at stake for a lower league club in a one off game in a 46 game season than there is for a club who wants to stay in the Premier League, for example.

With all that, I've got these games this weekend which I fancy BTTS to come in for...

1. Chesterfield v Millwall

2. MK Dons v Peterborough

3. Cambridge v Luton

4. Frankfurt v Schalke (GER)

5. Eibar v Valencia (ESP)

6. Willem II v Roda JC (NED)

I've had a tenner on 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6 in the bonus odds, which for a five fold is 16/1. I've then had £27ish on 2, 4 and 6 at the standard fixed odds of 3/1 for a treble.

Now I've gone into detail about it there'll be about two of them come in lol but I've stressed this before, the odds they give you, 3/1 for any three games, is mental, you do a bit of research and you're going to win more than one in four. I'd have to lose about 12 in a row for me to have balanced that out this season and that's assuming they're all 3/1, when a couple have been 11/2 or even as high as 9/1.

I'm getting a bit into this.

I've lost about six on the trot now with btts :ph34r::ph34r: maybe I just have really bad luck!

6 hours ago, Buce said:

In the football betting market, what is 'Asian Handicap'? How does it differ from standard handicap betting?

You get your stake back if its a draw after the handicap is applied, plus they're aimed at removing the possibility of a draw by giving a fractional handicap value (ie. +1.25), think you get poorer odds as theres less risk to the punter compared to traditional handicap betting..... or something along those lines. I don't normally use asian h/caps so might be missing out some info there.

14 minutes ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Weekly post of 'anyone on a btts tomorrow?' 

Think I've lost 6/6 now. I think I'm trying to convince myself that one has to land anytime soon lol or maybe I should just give up with it. 

lol

id had a good run this evening...about 4 on the bounce...and would have won the 5th and 6th if Inverness had scored against the Gers.

Its all random, luck 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

I've lost about six on the trot now with btts :ph34r::ph34r: maybe I just have really bad luck!

My form isn't what it was but like I keep saying... only have to win 1 in 4 trebles to not lose, or 1 in 8 four-folds (which I've won a couple).

Still makes me laugh that post you quoted. I sabotaged that the second I explained my reasons for picking certain games. 1 out of 6 is extraordinarily bad.

The one I won on a couple of weeks ago which had Notts County v Morecambe in it... Notts County v Morecambe was played midweek just gone and ended 1-2, last minute Notts penalty lol so would've won although I appreciate I'm just being picky now.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

I don't see many goals in those PL games. Then again I'd have said Sunderland v Palace was a low scorer and it ended up finishing 2-3.

I like the look of...

Barnsley v Fulham

QPR v Reading

Fleetwood v Peterborough

Northampton v Millwall

Notts County v Crewe

17 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't see many goals in those PL games. Then again I'd have said Sunderland v Palace was a low scorer and it ended up finishing 2-3.

I like the look of...

Barnsley v Fulham

QPR v Reading

Fleetwood v Peterborough

Northampton v Millwall

Notts County v Crewe

Who'd have thought the only team to not score from that was Peterborough?

I like a clown threw in AFC Wimbledon v Swindon with the two bold. Ruined me.

flipping finally lol

Now only Huddersfield and Southampton tomoz,  today  had 

Scunthorpe

Doncaster 

sheff u   

£5 FREE BET £173 returns, they even give me a £43 cash out now, which they don't normally do on free bets!! 

With  the worse luck in betting lately (other then today) I fully expect the last game tomoz burnley to get something out Southampton lol 

Edited by lestajigs

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Who'd have thought the only team to not score from that was Peterborough?

I like a clown threw in AFC Wimbledon v Swindon with the two bold. Ruined me.

Same bet as me then. Laughable how it was the only 0-0 in that league. Sums up my luck.

On 03/10/2016 at 13:31, Dan LCFC said:

Leyton Orient 40/1 to go down. They're 3 clear of the bottom two (although do sit about 16th in fairness) and have just sacked yet another manager, replacing him with a bloke who's managed 16 Italian clubs, his last was taking Sampdoria from 14th to the Serie B in 2011.

40/1 :blink: even if it doesn't come in I bet you'll be able to cash out for profit somewhere along the line.

Two home defeats since this, now 18/1 and 22nd in the table. Could be a goer.