Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Northants Fox

England v Uruguay

What a difference it makes to the team having a direct winger on the right of midfield instead of same old Beckham - way past his best. He's only useful for the odd free kick, SWP delivered the best ball of the game right there at the end, but he also adds so much more to the team, pace.

Beckham out, Wright Phillips in.

What a difference it makes to the team having a direct winger on the right of midfield instead of same old Beckham - way past his best. He's only useful for the odd free kick, SWP delivered the best ball of the game right there at the end, but he also adds so much more to the team, pace.

Agreed

God this feels wierd agreeing with Petrescu :unsure::thumbup:

I CANT BELIEVE IT!!! <_<

Not Really Well Played England!

:thumbup:

Well Done To Switzerland too For Beating Scotland!

But we'll beat you in the summer! :P:ph34r:

One of my South Korean classmates is saying the same to me every time I meet him.

We'll see. Could very well be that you have to pack your bags again early. Remember 2002;)

Denmark, Uruguay and... Senegal?

Switzerland, South Korea and... Togo?

See some similarities? :P

Cole was class last night.

You could tell he relished being given a full game, probably because he so rarely gets one at Chelsea.

Jenas and Bent weren't that great though. Can't see either of them making the final cut.

If all the key players stay fit, we could make the last four.

It's a big ask, though...

I agree about the Becks part, but when Lampard comes back into the team, surely SWP's the one who'd have to make way. As I see it, the best midfield England can field is: Cole - Lampard - Carrick - Gerrard.

Cole was very hungry today and his sheer combativity today mustve earned him the MOTM, not to mention his assist and goal. Carrick looked very good from what I saw, distributing almost flawlessly in the second half and making a few good interceptions. Exactly what England need.

SWP is an amazing little player its such a shame to see him rot at Chelsea he should be at Liverpool or somewhere he is going to get 1st team week in week out like at Liverpool, but they could never buy him now! what a great ball that was for Joe Cole. as Ian Wright said "even his boots look good on him!" that made me laugh.

great finish by Joe too, that is unbelieveabley hard to do in a game, it looked so simple but it could have gone row Z.

great game last night

I agree about the Becks part, but when Lampard comes back into the team, surely SWP's the one who'd have to make way. As I see it, the best midfield England can field is: Cole - Lampard - Carrick - Gerrard.

Cole was very hungry today and his sheer combativity today mustve earned him the MOTM, not to mention his assist and goal. Carrick looked very good from what I saw, distributing almost flawlessly in the second half and making a few good interceptions. Exactly what England need.

Carrick played well but I don't think he is ready to start in the World Cup.

My midfield: Cole - Lampard - Gerrard - Beckham (with SWP replacing him in the second half)

Carrick played well but I don't think he is ready to start in the World Cup.

My midfield: Cole - Lampard - Gerrard - Beckham (with SWP replacing him in the second half)

Agreed, looks better when he can keep that pace up for 45 mins and clearly has something to prove coming off the bench, Beckham still has something to offer.

Cole was fecking marvellous last night and REALLY deserved to notch, as did Bent, unlucky to be honest and I am not sure he's done enough, cos I think they will take 4 strikers,

:cry:

I thought Bent looked good, am I the only one who thought that? Looks much brighter than Defoe ever does for England.

Thought he was poor to be honest with you. Dunno if it was the timing of his runs or the balls through to him which were poorly executed but it didn't work and doesn't matter... you need players who work well together.

Jees we have enough trouble keeping the ball as it is without replacing our best passer with a hit and miss winger like Wright Phillips. To say Beckham is "only useful for the odd free kick" is ridiculous, he is widely regarded as one of the best passers in the world and has been Real Madrid's best player for three years now. To be quite frank he is a class apart from SWP. Its not like we are that desperate for pace or players that can run with the ball, we already have Rooney, Joe Cole and Owen in the starting 11. I think people forget the value of final delviery and quality passing, something Beckham is amongst the best in the world at and easily the best in the England team at.

Having said that Wright Phillips is an effective substitute against tiring defences that don't want to deal with the problem of a pacey player who plays very direct.

I think Errikson's great strength is his ability to ignore calls to drop our star players. I will never cease to amaze how quickly English fans are willign to dispose of proven quality and big match performers in order to get in young, up and coming performers who are often less consistent and inexperienced on the big stage.

For example under Sven's reign therehave been calss for Owen to be dropped for Vassel, Ahsley Cole to eb dropped for Wayne Bridge, Rio to be dropped in place of any big burly traditional English defender that likes to kick the shit out of people, Becks to be dropped for SWP, Joe Cole to be repalced by anybody left footed even if they are dyer and either Lampard and Gerrard to make way for Ledly King. :blink:

The ultimate 606 phone-in listeners England 11.

.................Robinson

Neville..Carragher..Terry..Bridge

SWP....Lampard....King....Downing

..........Rooney...A Johnson

For whatever reason we have an aversion to quality and proven performers in this country. Perhaps we are jealous of the succesful. Well to be honest I am glad we have a levle headed manager that doesn't listen to our absurd celebrations of mediocraty. I am also glad David Beckham will capatain our country in the world Cup because he is our 3rd best player (behind Terry and Rooney) and an intelligent and honest individual with great leadership skills.

I thought Carrick was brilliant in the middle for England, he should play the next Friendly for definate. Crouch has come on leap and bounds since playing at Liverpool, he will be very valuable in the World Cup.

Wright Phillips aside from the Cross for the goal didn't justify a starting place for me like some people are saying he should. He hasn't played enough football at Chelsea and probably never will, he's an effective substitute.

I'd drop Rio for the next game and put Ledley King in at the back with Terry.

I thought Carrick was brilliant in the middle for England, he should play the next Friendly for definate. Crouch has come on leap and bounds since playing at Liverpool, he will be very valuable in the World Cup.

Wright Phillips aside from the Cross for the goal didn't justify a starting place for me like some people are saying he should. He hasn't played enough football at Chelsea and probably never will, he's an effective substitute.

I'd drop Rio for the next game and put Ledley King in at the back with Terry.

Rio's a big lazy oaf, doesn't seem to get out of first gear, stands watching most of the time and makes terrible lazy passes

Rio's a big lazy oaf, doesn't seem to get out of first gear, stands watching most of the time and makes terrible lazy passes

yep get him out, he is not up to the job imo!

Not sure King is the replacement though? :ermm:

Archived