Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Disillusioned

If If's and And's were Pots and Pans...

There's no doubt for me about what the worst day of the season was - that infamous Saturday in November when we beat t' Blades 4-2. Some loonies on here thought that this was the turning point, this was the start of a Palace like hot streak that would see us in the Premiership.

In actual fact it was just another one of those jammy reprieves that got Levein's cock off the block. He was really good at getting those isolated big wins just when he needed to, to save his own skin. He got his first (and only) away win at home-form horses Watford, no less, and then when he looked like he was all but flushed out he pulled a big turd called Spurs out of the bowl. Anyway back to the movie...

In the ten games after our win against SUFC we managed just 2 points out of a possible 30 - our worst run ever in this division...(a brief interlude to allow the awfulness of this horrible stat to sink into that vast cavity between Anish's ears)...

Now just imagine if Levein had been given the big heave ho after say a thunderous 0-5 reverse against South Yorkshire's finest. That would have given RK ten more games to weave his magic. On current trends he would have netted us between 21-22 more points which would have left us with a current tally of 61 or 62. Now guess what position in the table we would be in now. Just guess.

Doesn't that thought make you Latrinists feel you were taken for a very long bumpy ride on a rickety ol' boneshaker?

Hindsight is a great thing and yes you do make valid points - but LCFC didn't sack CL then , maybe there were other mitagating factors that became more apparent later when they did - that led to many other decisions about certain players being moved on.

More importantly now is our survival in the fizzy , Then a complete unpressured review of what happened this year can be undertaken by the board & the foxes trust.

Imo RK should be given the managers position if he succeeds in making our survival this year.

He has galvised the players and even when there is still more work to be done regarding strengthing the team -at least he anknowledges this and trys to make us win games, with what we have.

The one thing that appears to have gone virtually un-noticed is how poor all East Midlands are doing at the present.

Survival in this diversion and stability of personel is paramount , then when we are save we can ask the right questions with what went so horribly wrong -to make sure next season we are focused on promotion.

There's no doubt for me about what the worst day of the season was - that infamous Saturday in November when we beat t' Blades 4-2. Some loonies on here thought that this was the turning point, this was the start of a Palace like hot streak that would see us in the Premiership.

In actual fact it was just another one of those jammy reprieves that got Levein's cock off the block. He was really good at getting those isolated big wins just when he needed to, to save his own skin. He got his first (and only) away win at home-form horses Watford, no less, and then when he looked like he was all but flushed out he pulled a big turd called Spurs out of the bowl. Anyway back to the movie...

In the ten games after our win against SUFC we managed just 2 points out of a possible 30 - our worst run ever in this division...(a brief interlude to allow the awfulness of this horrible stat to sink into that vast cavity between Anish's ears)...

Now just imagine if Levein had been given the big heave ho after say a thunderous 0-5 reverse against South Yorkshire's finest. That would have given RK ten more games to weave his magic. On current trends he would have netted us between 21-22 more points which would have left us with a current tally of 61 or 62. Now guess what position in the table we would be in now. Just guess.

Doesn't that thought make you Latrinists feel you were taken for a very long bumpy ride on a rickety ol' boneshaker?

Like you said...'if if's were if's and were pots and pans...'

Nobody knows if RK with 10 more games would have got us that many points, it's just an assumption!! Who knows, IMO the catalyst for city's current success was the fear of relegation!!! Let's learn from our mistakes and look to the future!!

If If's and And's were Pots and Pans... ...you'd still say the same old shit.

GET OVER IT!!! If you can't, then go get your coaching badges, work your way up take over Leicester, then win us the European Cup.

Seeing as you have all the answers it shouldn't be a problem.

Theres always one isnt there? :rolleyes:

Who's to say Rob Kelly would have got the job that far back? it would have been more appealing to likes of Cotterill and Newell.

But i do admit that i thought we had turned the corner against sheff U and against Watford, i do in my defence, put that down to the fact that unlike some people on here, i actually wanted the guy to turn it round. i'm not sure you and some of your followers can say that.

You are a complete moron.

I was one of the first critics of Levein and I wanted him out earlier than most. Shows how stupid you are that you didn't notice this. I even made the sig and avatar which many people on this board used for weeks.

Get your facts straight first.

And we've all had enough of your bollocks - you repeat yourself time and again. Are you Levein in disguise?

Levein surived longer than he should because City's fans and the Board would rather the guy had been a success than a failure and they were tempted to clutch at any straw they were offered in this direction because no-one wanted another managerial upheaval so soon after MA.

That said the idea of what Kelly might have done from an earlier start is flawed for two reasons to the point where, in my view, it wouldn't have happened like you say at all.

Flaw one is that were the change made early would Kelly have got the job? With the transfer window still to open and Leicester having not yet fallen into the relegation zone by some distance, I feel sure that someone like Mike Newell would probably have been installed.

Furthermore because Kelly has had such a good run does not mean he would have collected points at the same rate in 10 more games. I have said there are good reasons for the turn-around but the team still has particular and pronounced weaknesses and we won't be a top six side until those weaknesses are ironed out.

Results so far have been excellent but several of the games could just as easily have been draws instead of wins and he's not always going to be so fortunate. City's is not yet a team which dominates or overwhelms the opposition - it is a team which fights hard for everything it gets and when it does get something it is invariably a victory by one goal or a draw.

To win titles City will need to be a better team than that and Kelly, a singularly loyal man - will have to show a ruthlessness which is probably alien to his nature to effect that. Either that or he will need to be extraordinarily canny with his man management.

I look forward to him being given the green light to try.

Levein was given the fair chance that he deserved (even when he did go the fans were criticised by one journalist for being reactionary). I thought we left it late (from a relegation point of view) but understood the various reasons and neither that nor what Kelly might have done matters now.

We are where we are and I am perfectly happy with that - more than happy considering what might have been - in reality!.

Levein surived longer than he should because City's fans and the Board would rather the guy had been a success than a failure and they were tempted to clutch at any straw they were offered in this direction because no-one wanted another managerial upheaval so soon after MA.

That said the idea of what Kelly might have done from an earlier start is flawed for two reasons to the point where, in my view, it wouldn't have happened like you say at all.

Flaw one is that were the change made early would Kelly have got the job? With the transfer window still to open and Leicester having not yet fallen into the relegation zone by some distance, I feel sure that someone like Mike Newell would probably have been installed.

Furthermore because Kelly has had such a good run does not mean he would have collected points at the same rate in 10 more games. I have said there are good reasons for the turn-around but the team still has particular and pronounced weaknesses and we won't be a top six side until those weaknesses are ironed out.

Results so far have been excellent but several of the games could just as easily have been draws instead of wins and he's not always going to be so fortunate. City's is not yet a team which dominates or overwhelms the opposition - it is a team which fights hard for everything it gets and when it does get something it is invariably a victory by one goal or a draw.

To win titles City will need to be a better team than that and Kelly, a singularly loyal man - will have to show a ruthlessness which is probably alien to his nature to effect that. Either that or he will need to be extraordinarily canny with his man management.

Levein was given the fair chance that he deserved (even when he did go the fans were criticised by one journalist for being reactionary). I thought we left it late (from a relegation point of view) but understood the various reasons and neither that nor what Kelly might have done matters now.

We are where we are and I perfectly happy with that - more than happy considering what might have been - in reality!.

Vintage, Thracian! :thumbup:

If Levein had gone after the Sheff Utd game, he wouldn't have been here to sign Matty Fryatt and the team would be a lot poorer for his absence.

I, for one, would rather have gone through those games after that sheff utd win and come out the other side a much stronger team than what you are suggesting would've been a much better scenario. But then the power of hindsight is a wonderful thing

Levein surived longer than he should because City's fans and the Board would rather the guy had been a success than a failure and they were tempted to clutch at any straw they were offered in this direction because no-one wanted another managerial upheaval so soon after MA [..]

[snipped for brevity]

I admire the effort you put in to respond to Chandler's post but, really, there's no point.

He didn't post to this forum to initiate a discussion about how many points could or could not of been gained if CL had left earlier, he posts to these forums with the sole intention of inflating his low self-esteem and while he's at it insulting as many as he can along the way.

He's a troll, we should just ignore him, that's the only thing that will make him go away.

Agree with virtually every word. Reminds me of when Pleat needed removing. Kept getting jammy results which delayed continuously what was to be an inevitable outcome. Can't understand why everybody is shooting the messenger rather than the message.....!!!

Agree with virtually every word. Reminds me of when Pleat needed removing. Kept getting jammy results which delayed continuously what was to be an inevitable outcome. Can't understand why everybody is shooting the messenger rather than the message.....!!!

Whether people agree or disagree with Disallusioneds comments isnt the issue, the fact is that he comes on here shouting the odds, abusing people and stating the bleeding obvious most of the time. I refer you back to Chimps post which sums everything up beautifully.

Yes, well agreeing with yourself isn't that hard now is it.

:rolleyes:

Yes, well agreeing with yourself isn't that hard now is it.

:rolleyes:

Can't stand it when people agree with me can you Chimp? And you like the taste of your own medicine even less.

So I am going to carry on giving you big spoonfuls of Latrinist bile the same way you gave the bird to level handed fans who stood by Adams (who at least delivered some success to LCFC).

And if you can't take it you hypocritical fooker you can sling your hook and follow your flop back over the wall.

We are where we are and I am perfectly happy with that - more than happy considering what might have been - in reality!.

Difficult to argue against. :D;):thumbup:

Can't stand it when people agree with me can you Chimp? And you like the taste of your own medicine even less.

So I am going to carry on giving you big spoonfuls of Latrinist bile the same way you gave the bird to level handed fans who stood by Adams (who at least delivered some success to LCFC).

And if you can't take it you hypocritical fooker you can sling your hook and follow your flop back over the wall.

[sigh]

Indiscriminate lashing out at people really isn't going to win you any plaudits, neither is getting your facts totally wrong. You're just pissed because another of your alter-ego's has been rumbled and by the fact that everyone on this forum is finally seeing you for what you are.

Also, I think you'll find that I joined this forum some months after Micky Adams walked out on Leicester City, so, how exactly was it possible for me to give the 'bird' to those who were standing by him? In fact you'll be hard pressed to find any post from me to any forum on the internet that overly criticises either MA and and certainly not any posts that criticise the people that wanted him to stay at LCFC.

But, I'm not going to argue these points any further, you're not interested in facts or the opinion of others.

You're a troll, you know it, I know it, nuff said, b-bye now...

:thumbup:

Archived