Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

Embrace To Record The Official World Cup Song

The FA Announce Official World Cup Song

Embrace are to record the official England World Cup song for The FA.

After much speculation, The FA has today confirmed that chart-toppers Embrace will record the official England World Cup song to be released prior to the World Cup.

The top guitar-band were approached by The FA earlier this year and jumped at the chance to be part of the traditional World Cup preparations by writing a track for the team.

The song is titled 'World At Your Feet' but the demos are being kept under wraps for the time being and will be revealed nearer to the start of the tournament.

Lead singer Danny McNamara said: "The band can't wait to get into the studio and record the new track. We think we've got a really good song and hopefully it will repeat the success of previous songs like New Order's World in Motion."

The official song has been subject of much debate since the England team qualified for the tournament last year and The FA has been inundated with requests and song entries from record companies, artists and members of the public.

FA Marketing Manager Tom Harold has negotiated the deal with Embrace's record label Independiente following a series of meetings and pitches arranged by their publisher Melanie Johnson at EMI Music Publishing. Harold said: "The official England World Cup song has become something of an institution and it is really important that we have an original and exciting track. We're confident that Embrace's song will capture the imagination of the fans and players alike.

"With only 75 days to go until England's first game against Paraguay everybody has been asking who will get the gig. We'd like to think we've pulled off something of a coup by bagging such a great band and keeping it secret... until now."

Independiente's Managing Director Mark Richardson said:

"This is another high point for Embrace, since the success of 'Out Of Nothing' they have gone from strength to strength, with their current single 'Nature's Law' their biggest hit to date and this weeks release of their new album 'This New Day' the timing couldn't be better, it's a great moment for all of us".

Embrace are currently at number two in the UK chart with their new single Nature's Law and their fifth album This New Day - released yesterday - is expected to top the album charts later this week.

EMI's Music Publishing Promotions Manager Melanie Johnson said: "I'm a huge fan of Embrace and felt strongly that the band had it in them to meet the challenge of delivering England's World Cup song. Their music has an uplifting, anthemic feel which will capture the spirit of the occasion".

I just cant imagine Embrace doing an uplifting football song when you consider the dross they turn out.

I can't imagine the wonderful music you must listen to if you consider Embrace to be dross :unsure:

I think it's a great move, didn't do New Order any harm!

.........and did Fat Les ever have a career? :dunno:

I can't imagine the wonderful music you must listen to if you consider Embrace to be dross :unsure:

I think it's a great move, didn't do New Order any harm!

SFA for one :P

It couldn't do New Order any harm as they have always been shite

and Fat Les wasn't the offical FA choice that year, wasn't it the Farm doing a cover of 3 Lions?

• 2 weeks later...

SFA for one :P

It couldn't do New Order any harm as they have always been shite

and Fat Les wasn't the offical FA choice that year, wasn't it the Farm doing a cover of 3 Lions?

New Order are class mate, you don't know what you're going on about, blue monday, true faith both classics! and world in motion is the best footy song!

I saw in the paper about a week ago that the England players were upset with the decision to use Embrace. It said they wanted Kanye West. That would more than suit me :D

I do like Nature's Law, however.

And surly it sould be sung by an English artist?! :unsure:

Sham69 are doing a version of Hurry Up Harry called Hurry Up England.

James and Fat Les are rumoured doing one too.

Bez has put one together too. With lyrics such as :- One ball/one team/three lions/one dream.

Joe Fagin is reworking That's Livin' Alright, the theme tune to TV show Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, as well.

Appartently even the England players are disappointed its Embrace. They wanted Kanye West which shows how patriotic that lot are.

'All you good good people' was quite uplifting. Or has everyone forgotten that?

I think people are also forgotting that football songs are supposed to be naff. Typical New Order being awkward and doing a good one has meant that bands are striving to reach those dizzy heights of near perfection, and fail miserably. Unless you cringe as soon as it starts, it ain't a footy record if you ask me.

Sham69 are doing a version of Hurry Up Harry called Hurry Up England.

James and Fat Les are rumoured doing one too.

Bez has put one together too. With lyrics such as :- One ball/one team/three lions/one dream.

Joe Fagin is reworking That's Livin' Alright, the theme tune to TV show Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, as well.

Appartently even the England players are disappointed its Embrace. They wanted Kanye West which shows how patriotic that lot are.

****in brilliant, over the moon about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived