Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

Embrace To Record The Official World Cup Song

I like embrace.... but it just seems a bit, well shit to be honest.

I'm not sure on it, the only saving grace is that the chorus seems like it could be very catchy. The rest of it I couldn't really understand proerly, I think i'll need a lyric sheet :D

Heard it a few times now, it is a grower defo and I think it could be sung on the terraces especially the chorus.

Just heard it and..... Hmmmmmmm

Not very good!! How are you supposed to sing along, it just kinda goes along very drolly!! And there's not one mention of England or Football :huh:

:thumbdown: for me!!!

'All you good good people' was quite uplifting. Or has everyone forgotten that?

I think people are also forgotting that football songs are supposed to be naff. Typical New Order being awkward and doing a good one has meant that bands are striving to reach those dizzy heights of near perfection, and fail miserably. Unless you cringe as soon as it starts, it ain't a footy record if you ask me.

Come back to what you know is the only good Embrace song.

I brought the 'Fireworks' Album yesterday with these two songs :D

On the World Cup song, I like it, but it's not really a football anthem.

Embrace are the epitome of bland dull indie, deserving of a place alongside bands like Athlete and Snow Patrol.

That said 'All you good good people', 'Come back to what you know' and 'You're not alone' are ok songs.

I quite like Now You're Nobody, Ashes, Gravity and That's All Changed Forever as well as the above mentioned.

They are bland though.

Not quite as bland as Athlete or The Lighthouse Family but I think they'd like to be.

Archived