Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Leicester Fan Dead

If there was a minute's silence for every City fan who died, the game would never start.

I see where you're coming from, but this guy was found dead in the canal, outside the Walkers, so I dont think he died from something like a heart attack or in his own home, it was in the canal!

Hmm well in terms of the minutes silence, we need to identify the body and see who it is, and whether they were actually a Leicester fan or not..

I guess if they had gone to a reasonable number of Leicester games in their life then a minutes silence is needed.

why is it needed? he is not the only leicester fan to die! my grandparents did not recieve minutes silences and neither did my uncle. some people are being a bit ridiculous.

why is it needed? he is not the only leicester fan to die! my grandparents did not recieve minutes silences and neither did my uncle. some people are being a bit ridiculous.

I remember when we had to hold a minutes silence when Matthew Harding (past Chelsea Chairman/owner) died in a plane crash. I remember thinking at the time 'im sorry hes dead but whats this got to do with Leicester' I think Jock Wallace died at a similar time and I think we ignored that!

I remember when they held a minute's silence for me at a morning kick off, but it turned out I had just over slept.

I know it's not really the appropriate thread to be laughing but I find that hilarious! lol

RIP to this bloke but we can't hold a minutes silence for everyone wearing a City shirt really. It doesn't make it any better but City fans die all the time, some have been supporters for years but they don't get a minute's silence. If this bloke was a big City fan I'm sure he would rather hear a minute of non-stop singing before the Preston match but I can't see that happening.

I think some of you are being a bit harsh, you've got to remember that he's a real person...

As for the minutes silence, I think that as he died so tragically (lets face it, drowning can't be nice) he deserves some kind of.. tribute.

I think some of you are being a bit harsh, you've got to remember that he's a real person...

As for the minutes silence, I think that as he died so tragically (lets face it, drowning can't be nice) he deserves some kind of.. tribute.

Agreed, and in such a close proximity to the Walkers too. We don't know how it happened though.

R.I.P.

Who said he had drowned? The post mortem is tomorrow morning. It could have been anything that killed him. He may well have drowned, he may have been killed and dumped in the canal. I'm just hoping that Crystal Palace fans have had nothing to do with it. :(

I suppose it depends on how the person dies. For example, of natural causes there is no point having a minute silence but if say the person did happen to die because of violence from opposition fans, then yes, I think it would be appropriate.

Anyone remember the Everton fan that died when some debris hit him? I think we held a minutes silence for that.

I suppose it depends on how the person dies. For example, of natural causes there is no point having a minute silence but if say the person did happen to die because of violence from opposition fans, then yes, I think it would be appropriate.

Anyone remember the Everton fan that died when some debris hit him? I think we held a minutes silence for that.

I remember that, and i think you're absolutely right in saying it depends on the situation.

I remember when they held a minute's silence for me at a morning kick off, but it turned out I had just over slept.

Haha oh dear Ryan you don't half crack me up. Pmsl lol

Noone knows how he died, and what he died of. However we have to have a minute's silence? Shouldn't we wait for the facts first?

Ever since Diana died, this country has this attitude that we have to do something for every Tom, Dick or Harry that drops dead. Sometimes, we even have to have a minutes silence for the same person over the course of several games! Woopee!

I can understand club's doing this for former players, or for a tragic event that is related to being at a match, but not when someone who happens to be wearing a City shirt has the misfortune to pass away hours after a game. Noone's ever done this for someone who has had a heart attack during the game.

People are never going to agree to the appropriate action that should be taken regarding this tragic incident. I think we should all stop speculating and wait for some concrete facts on what actually happened.

Archived