Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Peter Canero

Scottish, Young - all the qualities I would have thought Levein would have admired, I thought he was a very good prospect as well. Saw him against Charlton the season we went down (2-2 away), he was awesome, then he had a few injuries that disrupted his progress, then kicked out.......

oh well

He was so overrated. Everybody loved him because he was young and slightly attacking. In reality he was very, very average, played about 5 games for us and got incredibly fat when he got injured. The fact he's now a reserve right winger to an average team in the States now should be enough to end any debate about whether we should have let him go. Remember Tomi Petrescu? People were crying like babys to get him games in the season we were in the Premiership. Now plying his trade at FC Inter in Finland.

Scottish, Young - all the qualities I would have thought Levein would have admired, I thought he was a very good prospect as well. Saw him against Charlton the season we went down (2-2 away), he was awesome, then he had a few injuries that disrupted his progress, then kicked out.......

He didn't look in very good shape for a while after his injuries. He had niggly injury after niggly injury. Started training but had to ease up again. I think he was a Lee Morris in the making to be honest.

I was at the Charlton away game too and he was awesome. Shame it didn't work out for him here - he looked a decent prospect but there must have been things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Both Adams and Levein didn't give him a chance and there must be some reason why.

i think it was because he came on and missed that sitter against liverpool which in turn would of won us the game given us all confidence and in actual fact kept us up and we'd now be playing champions league football :P

or it was because he's fat, rubbish and from scotland make your own mind up

I remember Izzet missing an open goal in that Liverpool game. If he'd scored that and Dickov scored his penalty against Man City we'd have stayed up. Or we'd not let Middlesborough score two injury time goals, or lost a three goal lead against Wolves, etc.

I get angry thinking about how we went down that season.

I remember Izzet missing an open goal in that Liverpool game. If he'd scored that and Dickov scored his penalty against Man City we'd have stayed up. Or we'd not let Middlesborough score two injury time goals, or lost a three goal lead against Wolves, etc.

If's and but's. The two biggest words in football.

I think it was probably because, as a player we signed whilst in the Premeiership, he would have been being paid a lot more than players signed after relegation, and the money he was draining from the club couldn't be justified by a reserve team a player. Therefore the best option was to pay him off to save a lot of money long term.

He played wing back at Kilmarnock. He strengths were attacking, not defending. Levein seems to have bracketed him as a right back and (correctly) assessed that he wasn't a very good one. Had he tried him at right midfield I think he could have been useful, but we had Gillespie playing there at the time.

Southampton 2-2

Spurs 1-2

Wolves 3-4

Charlton 1-1

Everton 2-3

Newcastle 1-1

Bolton 2-2

Man City 2-2

Middlesbrough 3-3

Bolton 1-1

Tottenham 4-4

So’ton (h): led 2-0, drew 2-2.

Spurs (h): led 1-0, lost 2-1.

Wolves (a): led 3-0, lost 4-3.

Ch’ton (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1.

Everton (a): led 2-1, lost 3-2.

N’castle (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1.

Bolton (a): led 1-0, drew 2-2.

Boro (a): led 3-1, drew 3-3.

Bolton (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1.

Spurs (a): led 4-3, drew 4-4.

Not that I am bitter. :huh::unsure::whistle::( <_<

Canero's only in NY because Mo Johnston did him a favor.

He looks like a waste of space and money already and I don't expect much from him.

I tried to warn my fellow fans in the offseason, but to no avail (TBH it's getting harder and harder to support that team, it's turning into a circus).

Southampton 2-2

Spurs 1-2

Wolves 3-4

Charlton 1-1

Everton 2-3

Newcastle 1-1

Bolton 2-2

Man City 2-2

Middlesbrough 3-3

Bolton 1-1

Tottenham 4-4

So’ton (h): led 2-0, drew 2-2.

Spurs (h): led 1-0, lost 2-1.

Wolves (a): led 3-0, lost 4-3.

Ch’ton (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1.

Everton (a): led 2-1, lost 3-2.

N’castle (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1.

Bolton (a): led 1-0, drew 2-2.

Boro (a): led 3-1, drew 3-3.

Bolton (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1.

Spurs (a): led 4-3, drew 4-4.

Not that I am bitter. :huh::unsure::whistle::( <_<

How much of this is down to Dabitoss!!!! Arrgh it makes my blood run cold when I think of him! And how much could Matty Elliot have saved us if he hadnt had such a liking for the beer, allegedly and a falling out with Mickeh!

Not sure what has gone on with Canero but you could tell from the appearances in the premiership that he had alot of talent. He also put in a blistering performance for Scotland on his debut just behind the strikers, a game they lost or won 1-0 but should have buried them by 5 or 6 goals.

His injuries have led him to get very fat and that has led to him under-performing. It's a shame as he was good enough for the level we are at, but i'd be more concerned if we let him go and he went on to be a star at a higher level than we play at.

is it something like if we played rugby time (80 Mins) we would of got somewhere in the premiership?

We would of had another 15 points from that batch of results if the games finished on 80 mins. There are also some other results that we conceded late goals in i'm sure of it.

Archived