Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Saturday

Yes I think it would be good but I can't be bothered with another minute silence

Nice attitude mate, I tell you what if the same ever happened to you, we will remember that sentiment! <_<

Yes I think it would be good but I can't be bothered with another minute silence

Imagine ALL the effort needed not to say anything for a WHOLE minute!! I don't know how people manage it!!! :rolleyes:

I mean it's not a minutes hopping is it??

Imagine ALL the effort needed not to say anything for a WHOLE minute!! I don't know how people manage it!!! :rolleyes:

I mean it's not a minutes hopping is it??

I just want to say one thing to this....its not ancient history, even if it is before some of the people on here's time

VAst quantities of people DIED in this, mothers and fathers watched their Children kicked and squashed to death, children watched their parents die, brothers, mothers, dads and kids...it is far and away the worst thing in footballing history, that anyone on here will remember or not...

LEts get this in proportion, Im not having a go at Whoever that last quoter was, but christ on a bike... imagine going down the walkers with your mum/dad/uncle/brother and sister and them not coming back!

It still cuts me up today, and sadly a good friend of mine lost his best mate in that tragedy, he is scarred for life.

I think 1 minute is the least we can do....

Sorry Lecture over!

I have no problem with this, but this sort of thing is somewhat selective, I don't remember them having a similar occasion last season on May 11th which was the 20th anniversary of the Bradford Stadium fire in which 50 people died. Or did I miss it?

I have no problem with this, but this sort of thing is somewhat selective, I don't remember them having a similar occasion last season on May 11th which was the 20th anniversary of the Bradford Stadium fire in which 50 people died. Or did I miss it?

True, maybe there could be a "Football Remembrance game" a designated date?? :ermm:

I just want to say one thing to this....its not ancient history, even if it is before some of the people on here's time

VAst quantities of people DIED in this, mothers and fathers watched their Children kicked and squashed to death, children watched their parents die, brothers, mothers, dads and kids...it is far and away the worst thing in footballing history, that anyone on here will remember or not...

LEts get this in proportion, Im not having a go at Whoever that last quoter was, but christ on a bike... imagine going down the walkers with your mum/dad/uncle/brother and sister and them not coming back!

It still cuts me up today, and sadly a good friend of mine lost his best mate in that tragedy, he is scarred for life.

Sorry Lecture over!

Spot on :thumbup:

Sorry Lecture over!

Whilst I agree entirely with what you say, and this was an awful tragedy, I remember seeing it on tv whilst small. I just wonder when this "remember Hillsbrough" will end??

I can guarantee by the 50th anniversary it will seem unimportant to commiserate. Just look at the 50th anniversary of VE day. How many people were seem to be bothered - and that was imo one of the most important things that has happened in the last couple of generations. (VE that is).

Will one year they decide not to remember???

Just a thought and no way am I trying to belittle what is happening over this weekend.

Whilst I agree entirely with what you say, and this was an awful tragedy, I remember seeing it on tv whilst small. I just wonder when this "remember Hillsbrough" will end??

I can guarantee by the 50th anniversary it will seem unimportant to commiserate. Just look at the 50th anniversary of VE day. How many people were seem to be bothered - and that was imo one of the most important things that has happened in the last couple of generations. (VE that is).

Will one year they decide not to remember???

Just a thought and no way am I trying to belittle what is happening over this weekend.

Thats why we have rememberance sunday for ALL wars.

Sorry Lecture over!

right you are :thumbup:

Thats why we have rememberance sunday for ALL wars.

Didn't see your rememberence day idea before writing last post.

But I'm not convinced of the idea. I don't like it myself. I think every death is horrible, and for the family members its horrible. I will always remember hillsbrough as I saw it, even though I was young and I also have friends who were in the crowd. I will always have a minutes silence on remembrence sunday, for the people who have died for the freedom that I now live in.

The death of a hundred people at a game is tragic, yet there are more tragic things going on in the world as we speak. and more recent tragedies that don't get mentioned.

If there was a minutes silence I would honour it, even though I'm not an advocate of it.

I think football should remember Hillsborough at all times, some things in the game have changed for the worse since it happened but most have become better. We owe it to the everyone involved in the tragedy to remember why the fences were there and why we should behave ourselves at games, it's the least we should do.

It could have happened at any football ground at the time, for the families and those involved who are still alive its a life sentence. I like Janks' idea of remembering everyone who has died in a football related incident such as Bradford, Hillsborough and the like, one things for sure though, it has changed how we watch football today.

It's an horrific tragedy and should always be remembered for those poor souls whom lost their lives, all they wanted to do was watch a football match.

Specially designed though? Ay? How can you specially design a black arm band?

I always think "there but for the grace of God...". We had that terrace for our semi vs West Brom in 1969. I stood right at the front. I remember hearing the news come through, we played Chelski at home that day. Very, very sad. Those responsible still haven't been punished.

It's an horrific tragedy and should always be remembered for those poor souls whom lost their lives, all they wanted to do was watch a football match.

No matter what you have going for you, reality will come smack you in the face at some stage.

Grieving for lost ones is not just a 24 hr bug. Any show of rememberance is surely welcome ?

But do not ever forget the tradgedy , It may be one of your own next time !

Sorry Lecture over!

Yup. this is what the minutes silence should be used for.

I too was at that Semi and because of del ays on the M1 arrived late and had to take a running shove to get into the crowd at the top of THAT terrace. Phew! On a more general note, the danger of all these relatively recent calls to silence is compassion fatigue in which they all lose their value.

Archived