Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

Talk Sport

what a tosser,he just said lcfc have made the wrong move appointing kelly,and lcfc are a big club, true,and we should have a big name manager. tosser.we do have a big name,well he will be very soon :D:D:D

Brian Little wasn't a big name and he did ok!!!

MON wasn't a big name when he came and he did more than ok!!

Peter Reid is a BIG name manager and he is SH IT!!!

Don't big name people start off as normal run of the mill type people? Sometimes you can find the unpolished gem by looking right in front of you as we have done with Kelly. How many people in football only always call on the 'big' names they know,easy to do but can be just as risky and far more expensive. I hope R Kelly can prove what tossers these commentators really are.

very true, everyone starts somewhere and rob kelly maybe starting his managerial career in a slightly higher league than normal but who knows we could be looking at a future england manager

Brian Little wasn't a big name and he did ok!!!

MON wasn't a big name when he came and he did more than ok!!

Peter Reid is a BIG name manager and he is SH IT!!!

Could not agree more, well said..

Lets hope its 3 in a row for the unknowns!! :thumbup:

Just put us in the top few of the Championship next season and then he'll be the best Manager in England in my eyes. He is a man that takes an oportunity. And radio tossers will then be singing his praises and saying 'I told you so'.

Even "big" names have to start out as small!

You don't just appear and you are a big name, you build your career up if your good enough you become a big name, Hopefully this is that start of Reb Kelly becoming a Big name!

that Mourinho bloke was a pretty much unknown manager when Porto gave him the job!!!

and then this happend

2003-2004 - European Champions League Winners

2003-2004 - Portuguese League Champions

2002-2003 - UEFA Cup Winners

2002-2003 - Portuguese League Champions

2002-2003 - Portuguese Cup Winners

he had been around the game as an assistant manager and a coach and when he got his chance, well he took it!!!

does that last bit remind anyone of someone else? on a smaller scale though

sometimes you have to take a chance and find that the answer is standing next to you!!!

So TalkSports Mike Parry thinks Leicester City should have appointed a big name manager!.

Which one exactly? Which available leading manager has a better record than Rob Kelly or even nearly as good?

Which available leading manager knows Leicester's players and would not necessitate another expensive upheaval that we could do without?.

What precisely about little name Rob Kelly's demonstrably effective management suggests a mistake?

Fans galore detailed Leicester City's shortcomings during bigger name Craig Levein's near-disastrous time at Leicester and Kelly changed things in much of what they suggested...

He stopped messing the team about, moved Kisnorbo out of midfield, used a genuine centre-forward and by good fortune was left without the services of Momo Sylla who fans broadly thought was a failure on the right wing. Put simply he's managed sensibly.

Bigger names than Kelly have singularly failed at Leicester.

Rob Kelly has not only won 24 points at two points a game but been arguably unlucky not to win more against Norwich and Reading.

He is a goodish communicator with the players because all of them clearly know what is expected of them and the consistency of performance has been a revelation.

He is also demonstrably popular with his playing staff because it was they who shouted loud and clear along with the supporters for his appoiontment.

Does Mick Parry have any idea of the likely reaction by fans to any appointment other than Kelly? Realistically it wasn't an option because any new man - big name or otherwise - would have been on a hiding to nothing if compared to Kelly so far.

What have "big" names like Mick McCarthy, Peter Reid, Gary McAllister or even Mike Newell (if he would come) have got to offer above what Kelly has achieved?.

Experience? We have had teams full of experience here in the last few years and a lot of good it has done us.

Kelly believes in youth and it is a policy of signing young players that is being followed at the club to hopefully cement our future. What use then would a guy be who would change all that and go for experience?

We have also had experienced managers in the past who have fallen short so there is no magic formula for making your choice.

Kelly pushed himself into prime position with what he did and has fully justified the additional faith put in him as time has gone on. Only an idiot would have cast him aside.

if he knew jack about football he'd be on a better radio station than talk sport

Talksport - has the highest listening audience of all the commercial radio stations in the UK.

He often say's controversial/foolish/strange things usually to wind up the listeners so that they ring in.

Talksport - has the highest listening audience of all the commercial radio stations in the UK.

He often say's controversial/foolish/strange things usually to wind up the listeners so that they ring in.

It's true, I think talksport is brilliant :thumbup:

He does talk some shit sometimes. I suppose that's why he's on radio, we don't know if the shit is coming from his mouth or his arse.

biggest COMMERCIAL radio station is the key!!

most commerical radio stations are regional Leicester sound, capital FM and so on and not national I would imagine the listening figures don't even touch the likes of radio 5 and other national radio stations

what a tosser,he just said lcfc have made the wrong move appointing kelly,and lcfc are a big club, true,and we should have a big name manager. tosser.we do have a big name,well he will be very soon :D:D:D

You know what else is big? Kelly's points-won-per-pound-earned ratio. It's much better than some other "big name" managers at "big clubs" (see: Burley). Looks like LCFC got themselves a nice bargain that has already reaped big rewards and may do more of the same in the future.

i dont think its going to far to say that Rob Kelly saved us from another potential financial disaster by getting relegated, its clear from the constant chanting of his name for 5-10 mins at a time that the fans want him, skipper paddy mac said in an interview the players want him, so the board listened and gave him the job.

this twat is an outsider, obviously not aware of the general feeling around the club, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt before shoving it back down his throat next season

biggest COMMERCIAL radio station is the key!!

most commerical radio stations are regional Leicester sound, capital FM and so on and not national I would imagine the listening figures don't even touch the likes of radio 5 and other national radio stations

Correct, the only statio they compete against is Virgin.

He does talk some shit sometimes. I suppose that's why he's on radio, we don't know if the shit is coming from his mouth or his arse.

He ALWAYS talks shit. He has never had an intelligent word to say about anythign in his life and his knowledge of football is literally non-existant. He is on the Radio because he is the head of prgramming at Talk Sport; He hires himself because he likes the sound of his own voice. Quite why we are debating what he says to say on anything I don't know?

I agree with some comments on here that the "big" name managers start somewhere and I think Kelly will do a grand job for you.I also think Frank and Charlie should get the job permantly for us,screw big names,we've never got anywhere in recent years with them.

• 8 months later...

Mike Parry is funny. Yes, he is controversial, and fancies Wayne Rooney. He said that Man Utd were going to beat Celtic easily, and they went on to lose. Of course the next day they were talking about it again and basically tried to change what he said the night before. He also said Everton would be Portsmouth by two clear goals. It actually turned out to be Portsmouth.

Well he wasn't far off the mark was he, I think you all owe him a apology (Thank god I didn't post in this thread)

Archived