Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

In and out

OK, if I was the gaffer this is who i would get rid of, and the type of player i would try and buy, let me know wha you think and add your own ins and out if you want.

Out

Mark De Vries - Need I give a reason

Alan Maybury - Just not good enouh, poor yesterday also

Momo Sylla - Again not enough quality

Elvis Hammond - Just not a natural goal scorer

Rab Douglas - Not as good as Henderson and can't come off his line without letting a goal in

Andy Welsh - Been average but we can do better

Danny Tiatto - Not good enough to be in the team

In

Keeper

Right Back and Mid

Left Mid and Back

Big Striker, in case we need a big man up front

A center mid who can score goals and organise the midfield

OK, if I was the gaffer this is who i would get rid of, and the type of player i would try and buy, let me know wha you think and add your own ins and out if you want.

Out

Rab Douglas - Not as good as Henderson and can't come off his line without letting a goal in

In

Keeper

Right Back and Mid

Left Mid and Back

Granted he wasnt the best yesterday, but then again the whole team was poor. I dont see any need to get rid of him, hes decent back up. He wouldnt normally start in a full strength team anyway, assuming Kelly brings in a right winger in the summer or leaves Hughes there, and Stearman is far better at right back. Id keep him as cover.

it's allright saying we need these new players, and i agree we do, but who? where is the money going to come from? ????

that's a great point!!!

We are going to have a pretty small budget this season it will have to be quailty not quantity and we will have stick with what we have got to be fair

that's a great point!!!

We are going to have a pretty small budget this season it will have to be quailty not quantity and we will have stick with what we have got to be fair

yeah i agree, i was just saying the players i would aim to buy, dont forget we get around 1mill from wigan (maybe bit less) for connely

yeah i agree, i was just saying the players i would aim to buy, dont forget we get around 1mill from wigan (maybe bit less) for connely

Sorry forget that £1m, already spent on Fryatt, CL & team compo & to cover the shortfall in ticket sales.

It's a bargain basement summer ahead

Out

In

Keeper

Right Back and Mid

Left Mid and Back

The ones in bold I disagree with. Alan and Andy I think are good enough to be in the squad and should stay I guess, but if it had to be one I would probably get rid of Alan as he does sometimes have some clueless moments..

I agree with all of the ins I guess, I think its always nice to set targets like that, but it simply comes down to money. I think any team in the world would want a new bunch of players like the ones you've mentioned, but we'll see. I've highlighted big striker as I can see what your saying but I think we do need a new striker, but someone with experience, as our front line is brilliant but is also very young, someone who is maybe 29 or 30 years old, but who would still have quality, would do the trick.

Out

In

Keeper

Right Back and Mid

Left Mid and Back

Yes you do need to give a reason

yes we should get rid of one of the very few natural full backs at the club. Well done.

plenty of quality, just no effort.

Granted. But who is going to buy him.

:blink: ?? Probabley the best back up GK in the league to be fair. I would say replace him if we have the money but we clearly don't

I would love to see Welsh here, its just not going to happen. Also theres no need to mension his name seeing as we would have to sign him to keep him any way, :rolleyes:

I'll give you Tiatto, But more due to his age, discplinary and injury problems then down to his talent. He would be alright as a Squad player.

Please mention some names when suggesting player in, we aren't a special needs group. We know full well what the team needs to progress.

Foxestalk seems to be dumbing down more and more by the week.

IMO we need a target man, two wingers and two centre midfielders. If Gerrbrand or Johansson goes then this McAuley looks the trick. He looks massive and big, probably what we need as we don't have someone who is really aerially dominant he seems to score goals as well. We need a target man as a must as saturday showed that there is only one way to go and we need to change things up occasionally.

The wing situation is tricky. Best of all is Lee Morris, if only he would stay fit. He is a goal threat and reasonably capable all-round footballer anywhere across the front.

Welsh may be available from Sunderland, no-one really knows, but he's a traditional winger not a makeweight midfielder and, unless Kelly uses him as such, he won't have the necessary impact.

Welsh clearly has the same difficulty as Hamill and Ryan Smith had in not being able to waste energy as midfielders and then find the vital yard of speed and space needed to be an effective winger.

It is certainly a problem that needs a solution on both flanks. Like you, I've always favoured a big target-man striker but I'm not sure Kelly does or will. The Fryatt/Hume combination has been outstandingly successful, they invariably get at least a goal between them.

So where would the target man fit in unless Kelly were brave enough to play three strikers and, perhaps, wing-backs. These only leads me on to wish he had decided on using the last few matches for experimentation.

To some extent we're a one trick pony at Leicester right now.

The wing situation is tricky. Best of all is Lee Morris, if only he would stay fit. He is a goal threat and reasonably capable all-round footballer anywhere across the front.

Welsh may be available from Sunderland, no-one really knows, but he's a traditional winger not a makeweight midfielder and, unless Kelly uses him as such, he won't have the necessary impact.

Welsh clearly has the same difficulty as Hamill and Ryan Smith had in not being able to waste energy as midfielders and then find the vital yard of speed and space needed to be an effective winger.It is certainly a problem that needs a solution on both flanks. Like you, I've always favoured a big target-man striker but I'm not sure Kelly does or will. The Fryatt/Hume combination has been outstandingly successful, they invariably get at least a goal between them.

So where would the target man fit in unless Kelly were brave enough to play three strikers and, perhaps, wing-backs. These only leads me on to wish he had decided on using the last few matches for experimentation.

To some extent we're a one trick pony at Leicester right now.

interesting point you make there thrac , in bygone days wingers have always been integeral part of how teams look to move forward , but in the modern game there is very few wide men who play as out and out wingers . managers insist on wide men tracking back and helping out there own full backs more than wingers getting to the byline and sending a cross in , even in the 90s when united were succesfull very rarely would u see giggs / kanchelskis / sharpe back in defensive positions . uniteds 4-4-2 often resembled a 4-2-4 system .

can u put a reason to why wingers seem to be a thing of the past .

Fear and self-preservation is the reason. First job today is to stop the opposition playing, win the ball and see if something can be sprung quickly from midfield.

The wide players are therefore expected to tuck in when the ball is lost and consequently the game gets narrow. Just look at the way the players are tightly bunched at goalkicks with, sometimes, no-one at all on one side of the pitch. The big problem is it takes the edge off the wingers too quickly.

I broadly disagree with the theory and certainly against big but bulky teams like Preston, people underestimate the value of playing people wide, spreading the defenders and therefore making them work harder to cover the big spaces between them.

Overall I think using one genuine winger and three fast-tackling, smothering midfielders who can, hopefully, play a bit too, is the best compromise for our division. Anything more is beyond reasonable expectation with money, and the risks of losing status, being such a dominating factor in todays game.

Fear and self-preservation is the reason. First job today is to stop the opposition playing, win the ball and see if something can be sprung quickly from midfield.

The wide players are therefore expected to tuck in when the ball is lost and consequently the game gets narrow. Just look at the way the players are tightly bunched at goalkicks with, sometimes, no-one at all on one side of the pitch. The big problem is it takes the edge off the wingers too quickly.

I broadly disagree with the theory and certainly against big but bulky teams like Preston, people underestimate the value of playing people wide, spreading the defenders and therefore making them work harder to cover the big spaces between them.

Overall I think using one genuine winger and three fast-tackling, smothering midfielders who can, hopefully, play a bit too, is the best compromise for our division. Anything more is beyond reasonable expectation with money, and the risks of losing status, being such a dominating factor in todays game.

A solution would be to move the offside line level with the edge of the penalty area, this would open up and spread the game and encourage wingers to hog the 'new' offside line, they also wouldn't be quite so knackered by the time they got to cross the ball.

Archived