Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shez

can kelly get the most out of sylla?

Sylla started the season pretty well, i thought he was our best player against sheff United away. He won his headers and ran at players, something we need i believe. I know he has been pretty bad in 80% of the games he has played, but maybe kelly can get him to play at a consistent level!

If it is just an attitude problem, then perhaps Rob can sort him out.

He has shown spurts of skill and ability , so yes , I reckon there is hope of turning him into a decent

consistant player. The psychological battle is a tough one to win though.

Has Momo Sylla scored a goal this season? I cannot recall him doing so.

When he came on against Plymouth on Saturday he looked bloody awful IMO

Did he come on? :huh::unsure::whistle:

Get real lads. In an ideal world it might be great if everyone was a success. There are only two major requirements of a winger. Making goals and scoring goals. Sylla does neither. Furthermore with his style of play it is virtually impossible for any of his team mates to anticipate what he is going to do next, he is so inconsistent and off beat.

His ball skills are all for effect rather than achievement. Welsh has had more effect in the equivalent of about three full games than Sylla has had all season.

As for Sylla's shooting technique, it is woeful. No wonder he's failed to score. Even on the rare occasions he gets into a shooting position he never looks likely to finish successfully.

No one suggests with any other player that we put him in the team and coach the best out of him. Why the special favour for Sylla? Even if I were manager of Hinckley I wouldn't want him.

Get real lads. In an ideal world it might be great if everyone was a success. There are only two major requirements of a winger. Making goals and scoring goals. Sylla does neither. Furthermore with his style of play it is virtually impossible for any of his team mates to anticipate what he is going to do next, he is so inconsistent and off beat.

His ball skills are all for effect rather than achievement. Welsh has had more effect in the equivalent of about three full games than Sylla has had all season.

As for Sylla's shooting technique, it is woeful. No wonder he's failed to score. Even on the rare occasions he gets into a shooting position he never looks likely to finish successfully.

No one suggests with any other player that we put him in the team and coach the best out of him. Why the special favour for Sylla? Even if I were manager of Hinckley I wouldn't want him.

Definitely he is shite and will pick up where he left off next season.

Definitely he is shite and will pick up where he left off next season.

Sylla was poor and disinterested when he appeared in the African Nations Cup. If he can't be bothered for his national team, he is not going to try for LCFC. He is a player we can't afford - financially or team-wise.

He comes across as he will only do it for himself and that no one could get the best out of him unless he wants to, might be rwrong and a bit unfair but that is the way he comes across to me.

I hope Sylla can get going under Kelly, however I have seen him under Kelly, and I dont think he has much more motivation than he did under Levein.

I remember seeing him against the sheep and he wasnt great. Not a fan, at the minute at least :(

With Tiatto and Sylla both wearing the shirt today I can only presume that meritocracy comment was a piss take.

When you look at our squad available today it was down to about 18 players. If my sums are correct, our squad is 28 players big, we had four players injured (Joey Gudjonsson, Rufus Brevett who's been sent back to Plymouth you'll be glad to hear, James Wesolowski and Alan Sheehan who has a heel problem so I heard him say on Saturday), two out on loan (Conrad Logan and Mark de Vries), one suspended (Paddy Kisnorbo), 3 played on Saturday afternoon for the academy (Levi Porter, Ashley Chambers and Louis Dodds), one player who's never played a first team match (Jay Smedley). That leaves 17 to choose from. Hamill was left out as he should be in my opinion. Not much Rob could do in terms of personnel in my opinion.

There's always a reason - but they get in there time and again. And there's always a reason Levi and Doddsyy don't get a look in. I don't know if Levi is first team quality at right midfield but I do know Sylla's not and I would sooner give Levi a chance at this stage or the much more threatening Hammond than give Sylla still more time. We'd lost the match anyway because, just like Ipswich, we got it wrong from the start in leaving O'Grady. You need all your best available players in the team at St Mary's.

There's always a reason - but they get in there time and again. And there's always a reason Levi and Doddsyy don't get a look in. I don't know if Levi is first team quality at right midfield but I do know Sylla's not and I would sooner give Levi a chance at this stage or the much more threatening Hammond than give Sylla still more time. We'd lost the match anyway because, just like Ipswich, we got it wrong from the start in leaving O'Grady. You need all your best available players in the team at St Mary's.

From what I've seen of O'Grady since Christmas, he's come on leaps and bounds from the player that was shipped out to Notts County last season. I'd like to see Kelly find a way to play Fryatt, Hume and O'Grady in the same team, at least at home. Hopefully, if we can find a decent midfield anchorman, we can use the talents of all three at the same time? I'd rather not play "wingers" at all if that means persisting with Sylla, or using players like Maybury or Hughes in unfamiliar wider roles.

Those three, together with a fully fit Wesolowski and Hughes, plus a new anchor midfielder would comprise a good side in front of the back four.

I only saw Sylla play before Christmas, but when I did, I thought he was crap. I can't put any more simply than that. He's been a huge disappointment.

Archived