Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

McClaren - Happy or Not Happy?

What do you think?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. On a Scale of 1 to 4

• Ecstatic
    • Happy
    • Disappointed
    • Livid

I'm not arsed to be honest, although I think McClaren has earned the right to have a crack at the job. Having advocated O'Neill myself, I can see why they've gone for McClaren, although I found their selection process an embarassment. A case of too many cooks...

He's coached at Man Utd, managed in the Premiership, and been a part of the England set-up for years. He's won a domestic trophy and could be about to win a European one. He's also overseen (although not been wholly responsible) for the best youth squad to emerge in the Premiership since Man Utd ten years ago and West Ham at the turn of the decade.

He's reassuringly dull, but has the trust and respect of the current crop of English players. I think the Gerrard-Beckham-Ferdinand generation might be too stuck in their (Sven's) ways to adapt well to the wholesale changes that O'Neill, Scolari or Wenger might have brought. Continuity is a good thing for a squad that has a genuine chance of winning something between now and 2010. Post-Euro 2012 may be the time to rip it all up and start again with Wenger? Or maybe someone like Boothroyd or Curbishley will fall into the set-up behind McClaren?

He's also left a very tempting position open at Middlesbrough - it will be interesting to see who fancies working with their crop of young players.

Livid.

I might well be proven wrong and won't mind if I am, but McClaren is one of the most inept managers in the premiership and I cannot believe he's got the job. One of the things I will say though is he does have a great track record of bringing through great young players all mainly English. I know these come from their academy and not from McClaren himself but hat's off to him for giving them the chance, which most managers seem reluctant to do in the premiership these days.

But he's not England Manager class at all, but neither is Curbishley or Allardyce.

He is not England manager class and I see him as a stop gap. Sven has been successful compared to previous managers and to take up the mantle after him is similar to the O'Neill/Taylor thing. i.e. the successor is on a hiding to nothing.

I do hope I'm wrong but there is no sparkle, no....nothing.

There should be a option for when you arent sure, as I am not at the moment.

I'm afraid it's make your mind up time Kayteh :P

We coiuld all change our minds over a period of time, it sounds to me as if you're a 'disappointed' vote to me as you certainly aren't too ' :) '

I'm afraid it's make your mind up time Kayteh :P

We coiuld all change our minds over a period of time, it sounds to me as if you're a 'disappointed' vote to me as you certainly aren't too ' :) '

Im an indecisive bugger :D

I wouldnt say I was disappointed or happy either :P

we've got an easy qualifying group for euro 2008, so it would take a right plank to mess that up. let's see what happens.

i'm disappointed because i feel there is alot better out there, but from what i've heard the players say they seem to like him, though they would say that wouldn't they i suppose.

Yeah, nevermind people, we could bring a manager to nurture and bring hope to a crop of youth players who have shown a great deal of poten tial, instead of clinging to hopeless, never-will-be lost causes. ;)

I was no Toshack fan. I was pissed, more so than you lot are now. But the man's doing well with the resources he has - and if what he's trying to do gets us into a major competition in a three or four years then God bless him. Give McClaren time, international managing is so much different to domestic level - he may come brilliant.

Personally I’m quite disappointed. I would have loved to of seen Martin O’Neill get the England job, he would have been perfect. I just can’t bare the thought of him managing any other club in England at the moment, they are saying he’s favourite now for the Boro job. I’d be extremely upset if the went there! If O’Neill had stayed at Leicester for just an extra couple of seasons it would of made the world of difference! Seeing all these sh1tty teams in the Premiership like Wigan, Boro, Bolton, Charlton, Reading, Shef Utd, Portsmouth is really pissing me off!

Personally I’m quite disappointed. I would have loved to of seen Martin O’Neill get the England job, he would have been perfect. I just can’t bare the thought of him managing any other club in England at the moment, they are saying he’s favourite now for the Boro job. I’d be extremely upset if the went there! If O’Neill had stayed at Leicester for just an extra couple of seasons it would of made the world of difference! Seeing all these sh1tty teams in the Premiership like Wigan, Boro, Bolton, Charlton, Reading, Shef Utd, Portsmouth is really pissing me off!

I wasn't happy but may aswell get behind the bloke now. ;)

The FA are an absolute disgrace

Absolutly, but lets face it when have they been anything else?? I think of a single time i have agreed with a decision they have made. Utter incompetence but it isn't Mclarens fault they chose him and you can't blame him for wanting the job so you may aswell get on with it.

Disappointed, I didn't mind who came in as long as they were the best Candidate for the Job. Mcclaren has had a poor season at Middlesbrough in the league, tactically he is shocking, so theres no change from Sven in that aspect, it just seems that its going to be the same old regime again. There is an element in my mind that Mcclaren could do things right but its overrided at the moment by thoughts of his time at Middlesbrough and the chance we had to appoint a talent like MON or even Allardyce.

there's a poll on the skysports website as to whether McClaren is the right man for the job, yes or no. i'm very suprised to see 43% saying yes he is the right man for the job, judging by everyone's reaction that i know you would have thought 20% perhaps. maybe it will change with a bit more time.

Archived