Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Arsenal tell Sol: We don't want you

SOL CAMPBELL has been left stunned after being told: Your Arsenal career is over.

The England defender's departure will now alert Newcastle, Inter Milan and Fenerbahce.

An Arsenal insider revealed: "Sol's played his last game for us — he's been told he can go.

"It came as a big surprise for him but he has been very high maintenance in recent times.

"He's had a lot of off-field problems and one or two on it.

"Remember he took it badly when he was left out of last year's FA Cup final against Manchester United and then this season he went walk-about after being subbed at half time against West Ham.

"So I guess the club has decided enough is enough and that it's best for everyone if he finds another team."

Arsenal are now ready to listen to offers for Campbell, who has two years of his £80,000 a week contract still to run.

Campbell controversailly quit first club Tottenham to join their arch-rivals Arsenal at Highbury almost five years ago.

Since then he's made 197 appearances for the Gunners, his last the Champions League final against Barcelona in Paris in which he scored a stunning header to put the Londoners ahead before Barca bounced back to win 2-1.

Campbell has enjoyed success at Highbury where he's won two Premiership titles and two FA Cups in that time.

NOTW

Everyone knows Arsenal struggle to play 2 Englishmen in a side so i'm thinking Wenger is planning to prehaps feature Walcott more next season and need to get rid of some English players to do this.

Fair Enough prehaps Campbell is "high maintenence" but I think he has got over his problems that he had earlier in the season, he is solid and he scored in the Champions League final is this a player that Arsenal can do without?!

Oh well get rid of him Arsenal, I love watching you fail and hope this backfires if the story is true!

Everyone knows Arsenal struggle to play 2 Englishmen in a side so i'm thinking Wenger is planning to prehaps feature Walcott more next season and need to get rid of some English players to do this.

Fair Enough prehaps Campbell is "high maintenence" but I think he has got over his problems that h had earlier in the season, he is solid and he scored in the Champions League final is this a player that Arsenal can do without?!

Oh well get rid of him Arsenal, I love watching you fail and hope this backfires if the story is true!

Oh, too true!! I mean I'm sure they do really have a 2 English player rule??!! :P

Wow...thats a surprise!

Will be interesting to see where he goes. I think that Newcastle will probably push to get him but its a big move from London to up north! And with problems off the field it might deter him.

How old is he now anyway? mediocre premiership club or high promotion pushing championship side for him methinks?

Yeah right!

If he's for sale he'll go to a big club.

Sol's still gottit.

How old is he now anyway? mediocre premiership club or high promotion pushing championship side for him methinks?

£80,000 a week, two years on his contract - he's going nowhere, unless it's a top English/Euro Team.

NOTW

Fair Enough prehaps Campbell is "high maintenence" but I think he has got over his problems that he had earlier in the season, he is solid and he scored in the Champions League final is this a player that Arsenal can do without?!

Which of course... it's not

Which of course... it's not

Looks like Walcott won't be featuring much next season then :rolleyes:

Not that I expected him too anyway, "He's good enough to play in the World Cup" according to Wenger so i'm asking the question why hasn't he started for Arsenal or even as Substitution?

:o Wenger never keeping him under wraps to help England keep he a secret...Our "secret weapon"?!?

:P:ph34r:

p.s - The comments about Walcott in this post are in no disrespect to Walcott, I hope he does well and hope he's Englands star in the World Cup just another stab as Wenger's anti-english policy and Wenger's stupid quote.

Why does Campbell staying or going affect Walcott's chances of playing for Arsenal?

Answer = Sarcasm :)

Answer = Sarcasm :)

:thumbup:

Why does Campbell staying or going affect Walcott's chances of playing for Arsenal?

Exactly what DavieG has posted.

Arsenal find it hard to field 2 English players at one time, and if Arsene Wenger has got plans to play Walcott next season he will need to get rid of a Englishman surly? Wengers never gonna surprise me by keeping Sol and the having 3 English players in an Arsenal team surly? Actually "surprise" is an understatement, give me a heart attack through the shock more like. :rolleyes:

That passed me by completely :blush:

I gather Wenger still has money to spend though, and with them being heavily linked with Curtis Davies, i wouldn't be too surprised to see him as a replacement, albeit him being another Englishman :o;) I did hear £10m quoted, so i'd sell at that price. That said, Campbell is the only really solid centreback prescence-wise Arsenal have though, so i'd be a bit miffed if they let him go for too little.

Guest Gist

Wow...thats a surprise!

Will be interesting to see where he goes. I think that Newcastle will probably push to get him but its a big move from London to up north! And with problems off the field it might deter him.

I hope he goes Newcastle just to replace Boumsong he's so sh*t.

It of course doesn't its a comment made by somone jealous of Arsenal's success.

As I have said before we have named a squad without a English player in... once with have started with only one brit. Pot kettle black, I have also explained Arsene Wengers signing policy, and named numerous English players who played throughout the Preimer league last season who are products of the Arsenal youth system. Im not going to re-itrate myself.

Why people on here feel the need to have a shot at a man and a team who have produced the most entertaining and exciting football the Premier league has seen I don't know. Espically when he has spent millions on British talent in the past.

Why don't you have a dig at Chelsea and Mourniho instead. A Man who hasn't helped the progression of one English player (J.cole and Lampared weren't signed by him Terry broke through before he arrived) A man who signs boring players most of which aren't British, those that are spend two years having their talent and reptuation destroyed before being sold on a medicore player. A man whose team plays awful football, who's also a cockey nob head.

As I have said before we have named a squad without a English player in... once with have started with only one brit. Pot kettle black, I have also explained Arsene Wengers signing policy, and named numerous English players who played throughout the Preimer league last season who are products of the Arsenal youth system. Im not going to re-itrate myself.

Why people on here feel the need to have a shot at a man and a team who have produced the most entertaining and exciting football the Premier league has seen I don't know. Espically when he has spent millions on British talent in the past.

Why don't you have a dig at Chelsea and Mourniho instead. A Man who hasn't helped the progression of one English player (J.cole and Lampared weren't signed by him Terry broke through before he arrived) A man who signs boring players most of which aren't British, those that are spend two years having their talent and reptuation destroyed before being sold on a medicore player. A man whose team plays awful football, who's also a cockey nob head.

If I was so Jealous of Arsenal, Why am I not so jealous of Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal...Why would I be supporting Leicester if I was so jealous and envious?

Correct Jose did not sing English players, but if Wenger was in the same position managing Chelsea would he play the Englishmen? No-one knows but i'd say quite confidently...No!

"Espically when he has spent millions on British talent in the past"...Why spend so much on British talent whens its not used very often? Surley he could buy a decent French/Foreign player with the money?! :unsure::ph34r:

You're right Manwell.. a lot of it is down to jealousy.

No one was slagging off the team we put out with only one British player.

You're right Manwell.. a lot of it is down to jealousy.

No one was slagging off the team we put out with only one British player.

Fair enough I wasn't slagging our team off...However (And its not excuse just points i'm making) do we do it consistanly like Arsenal? :huh:

At believe me I am not jealous of Arsenal, I just hate them and there isn't one bit of jealously to do with it.

If I was jealous of Arsenal, In theory should't I be jealous of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, e.t.c.? Am I? No!

Also, Why is it ok to hate Man Utd but not Arsenal? :huh:

(Note - I don't mind Man Utd actually.)

Man Utd :thumbup:

Arsenal :thumbdown::thumbdown:

P.S - Its not just my blue-tinted glasses not slaggin Leicester off because Bolton have played a team with no Englishmen before and I havn't salgged them off because they play a few foreginers in there team but they don't play a team with no Englishmen consistenly/often

Archived