Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NTFC

Josh Low

no problems :thumbup:

just thought i'd fill you in, if you have a good patience, you'd enjoy watching him, if you've just give up smoking, i wouldnt bother going to see him

wish you the best for next year

Don't mention smoking on here, it could be a right can o' worms :D

thats where all the rumours started, he also failed a medical at brentford in january this year ... all us cobblers fans knew he was gonna go, his heart didnt look in it at the end

Failed medical? That doesn't sound good, although we have been looking for someone to replace Lee Morris on the treatment table. Is there a reason why he failed? A one off thing or is he crippled?

Failed medical? That doesn't sound good, although we have been looking for someone to replace Lee Morris on the treatment table. Is there a reason why he failed? A one off thing or is he crippled?

i think it was just a one off thing as he carried on playing a couple of months after, but rumours said he had mental problems after failing the medical!

I can see an FT sweepstake coming up - the nearest to the number of times he pulls his socks up.

At least he is concerned about his appearance - that ragamuffin Claridge always looked so scruffy with his socks around his ankles - that has to be a good thing :rolleyes:

yes i too was left rather disappointed when the play-off final 120th minute goal went in off a sockless shin ; i just couldn't rejoice :P

To the tune of the song man utd sung about Andy Cole, and the song about Martin Jol.

Josh Low, Josh Low, Joshy Joshy Low,

Hes Got No Hair But We Dont Care,

Joshy Joshy Low

Who Likes It

To the tune of the song man utd sung about Andy Cole, and the song about Martin Jol.

Joshy Joshy Low

Who Likes It

That's J-Low For your sig. .... Arrrrrgggghhhhh.... :mad:

Joshy Joshy Low

Who Likes It

Almost as good as the song I've been humming in my head since the J-Lo deal was announced.

Don't be fooled by the socks that he's got,

He's still, He's still J-Lo from the block

Not exactly terrace anthem.

Low played 43 times last season and scored 6 goals, but also got 10 assists aswell.

If he can contribute 15-20 goals for us next season then i'd be more than happy.

I didn't realise how many assists he had. Sounds realistic to expect a significant improvement on Sylla then and I'd be happy with a his having a hand in 15 goals plus.

I notice a lot of you say you know little about J Lo, so I thought i'd fill you in!

He's the sort of player who does 1 good thing followed by 1 bad thing and his lack of effort and consistency annoyed a lot of us northampton fans, but his crosses and dribbling down the right wing could destroy a team, especially against the likes of Macclesfield (never really looked like destroying quality teams like wycombe?). He always plays best with an attacking right back behind him and is in need of a big man up front to cross to. After his injury he lost some of his pace but had a far greater willingness to head the ball, he is also good at running down the wing but he never ever cuts into the box, always a wide player.

oh yeah, he also likes to pull his socks up every 5 minutes ;)

I appreciate that you've come on here to tell us about Low but I've been watching quite a few clips of his goals for Northampton on a fair few of them he's seen cutting inside with and without the ball and scoring goals. I think it'd be harsh to say he never cuts into the box from the clips I've been watching.

I'm glad that we've added a bit more height to our squad. With McAuley standing at 6 foot plus and Low a 6 footer too, even if they're not the greatest players in the air, they should both cause Championship defences problems that we haven't caused teams for a while. They may help take the attention off players like Kisnorbo and McCarthy, who can head a ball but aren't as tall, at set pieces.

I appreciate that you've come on here to tell us about Low but I've been watching quite a few clips of his goals for Northampton on a fair few of them he's seen cutting inside with and without the ball and scoring goals. I think it'd be harsh to say he never cuts into the box from the clips I've been watching.

I'm glad that we've added a bit more height to our squad. With McAuley standing at 6 foot plus and Low a 6 footer too, even if they're not the greatest players in the air, they should both cause Championship defences problems that we haven't caused teams for a while. They may help take the attention off players like Kisnorbo and McCarthy, who can head a ball but aren't as tall, at set pieces.

I like your thinking sir! That would be excellent if that happened, we must improve on our goal scoring from corners and free-kicks.

I like your thinking sir! That would be excellent if that happened, we must improve on our goal scoring from corners and free-kicks.

Its not just our goal scoring, think how many goals we conceeded in the first half of the season from set pieces. ;)

I was trying to forget about that!!! :D

Its a double effect though, whilst we will be more dangerous, we should also be more solid, it would have had a telling effect last season if we could defend and attack set pieces. Ultimately it was his inability to do anything with set pieces that cost Levein his job IMO.

From OS

The Lowdown

0,,10274~2931461,00.jpg

Low signed a two-year deal with the Foxes on Thursday

New signing Josh Low says he is already looking forward to testing himself in the Championship next season.

The right-winger, who joined the Foxes from Northampton Town on Thursday, has spent his entire career plying his trade in the bottom two divisions.

But as the City squad prepare to return for pre-season training on Monday, July 3, Low confirmed that he would not be phased by the step up.

He said: "I am really looking forward to playing in the Championship. I have played in a number of cup games against teams from this division and from the Premeirship and I have always felt that I do well against the better teams.

"I have played in the lower two divisions and I feel that I have done well there. This is the step up that I need and I just can't wait to get going now."

Low was named in the PFA League Two team of the season in April after his industrious performances for Northampton helped the Cobblers to promotion.

And another name that appeared on that roll of honour was Gareth McAuley, who has also made the jump from League Two to the Championship by moving to the Walkers Stadium.

Low added: "Gareth is a tough customer to come up against and I am glad that he'll be on my side for a change next season. He's a big lad and he is very good in the air.

"He's an intimidating defender and we will both be looking to step up this season and do well in the Championship."

Watch the whole of this exclusive interview now on Leicester City World.

Over the pre-season period we will be bringing you an exclusive behind the scenes look at Rob Kelly's side - including all the interviews with the people that matter.

So make sure you sign up now to LCW now to get all the latest news and views from the City camp.

Archived