Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
joyceys barmy army

Loan Signings

With RK getting in four new players is there any season long loans that we could get to complete our squad for this season?

Is smudger still a possibilty

Liam Miller was at leds last season have they signed him or has he gona back to manU?

What two players could we get on loan to make the starting eleven look strong.

I heard a rumour from a journo mate in London, that RK was talking to the 'Ultimate Dutchman' (Martin Jol !) re the possibility of us taking Andy Reid on loan for the season. Jol apparently is waiting to see how many other midfielders he can sign up this summer, before deciding !

I heard a rumour from a journo mate in London, that RK was talking to the 'Ultimate Dutchman' (Martin Jol !) re the possibility of us taking Andy Reid on loan for the season. Jol apparently is waiting to see how many other midfielders he can sign up this summer, before deciding !

Well you were right about Hume signing so who knows.

Think that he can play on the left if he can i reckon he will be good signing a permenant move if we get promoted?

I am sure he will be bringing in 1 or 2 loan signings in

I am not keen on loan signings my self though, as Levein once said its training other teams players up

well i never make any loan signings on FM anyway lol

I think a good loan can be incredibly beneficial (Kevin Campbell, Muzzy Izzet...) but I can't think of many good loan signings we've made in the past in contrast with all the useless ones we've had here.

Someone like Andy Reid though - can't go wrong there surely? Still don't think it could happen..

I think a good loan can be incredibly beneficial (Kevin Campbell, Muzzy Izzet...) but I can't think of many good loan signings we've made in the past in contrast with all the useless ones we've had here.

Someone like Andy Reid though - can't go wrong there surely? Still don't think it could happen..

Marcus Bent, Stuart Taylor, Ryan Smith at the start were all good loan signings.

Not unless Spuds paid his wages for us..

I'd prefer a younger Premiership player seeking first-team experience, in the Kevin Campbell/Muzzy Izzet/Ryan Smith mould.

However, in areas where we have young prospects of our own, what's the point in bringing in others?

Andy Reid was the best player in this division when he was at Forest he would be a superb signing a creative midfielder who can take a free kick! have we ever had one!!!

I can already hear people calling him a lazy bastard when he shows any skill or creativity!

I dont think we'll get him but would be class on the left and change the dynamic of the team, lets all dream...on the wages front when someone goes on loan you can set up so Spurs pay 60%...ive just woke up

oh Tiatto is on the left wing not Reid..quick get a sleeping tablet!

Best Loan Signings for us?

Kevin Campbell, came on the Loughborough away supporters bus to say goodbye and took a scarf top man!

Mick Galloway, how good was he! that battle with D Ferguson (Celtic V Rangers) was superb shame about the car crash

Stuart Taylor, cant believe Villa dont play him if we got in the Prem we should of bought was quality

Kevin Campbell, came on the Loughborough away supporters bus to say goodbye and took a scarf top man!

Mick Galloway, how good was he! that battle with D Ferguson (Celtic V Rangers) was superb shame about the car crash

Stuart Taylor, cant believe Villa dont play him if we got in the Prem we should of bought was quality

Gerry Daly, we went on a 15 game unbeaten run just after he signed and zoomed into the First Division

not sure about Stuart Taylor as one of the best ever loan signings, yes he was a good shot stopper but the bloke made Paul Henderson look like the best kicker in the game!!

surely Muzzy has to go down as one of the best ever

not sure about Stuart Taylor as one of the best ever loan signings, yes he was a good shot stopper but the bloke made Paul Henderson look like the best kicker in the game!!

surely Muzzy has to go down as one of the best ever

:D:D:P;):thumbup:

• 1 month later...
With RK getting in four new players is there any season long loans that we could get to complete our squad for this season?

Is smudger still a possibilty

Liam Miller was at leds last season have they signed him or has he gona back to manU?

What two players could we get on loan to make the starting eleven look strong.

Oh damn and we were so close to getting him:

Source

Charlton Athletic have landed Andy Reid from London rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

The Republic of Ireland international has signed a four-year contract at The Valley after finding first-team opportunities at Spurs hard to come by.

Reid could cost The Addicks £3 million and his new manager Iain Dowie is delighted to bring in the winger.

"Everyone is aware that the Premier League is about quality and ability on the ball, so we are delighted to clinch Andy's signing," Dowie told the club's official website.

"He is a player of immense quality and potential, and I believe that this is a very good acquisition for the club.

"Andy is still a very young player who can go on to achieve great things.

"He has a great range of passing, a tremendous set-piece delivery and also possesses an eye for goal.

"We are also delighted to have secured his signature in the face of some stiff competition."

The 24-year-old moved to White Hart Lane in January 2005 in a £4 million transfer from Nottingham Forest.

But he was unable to make his mark under Martin Jol and appeared just 27 times, whilst struggling with his fitness.

During the summer, he was linked with a switch to Wigan Athletic as part of a possible swap deal involving Pascal Chimbonda.

Sunderland also failed with a bid for the wide man, but Charlton have stepped in to hand Reid the chance to establish himself in The Premiership.

Dowie has been frantically trying to add to his squad before the start of the season and links up with fellow recent signings Scott Carson, Djimi Traore, Cristian Bolanos and Amdy Faye.

:cry:

DAMN!

Oh well, i think he will do very well at Charlton. Lets get Tom Huddlestone instead (who imho i think will be a future England player) Play him Central Midfield sitting deep playing alongside Weso who can push forward....superb cen mid that would be.

Calum Davenport?

What is it will Nial Quinn?? Does he only want irishman or what, i cant think of any other reason he would want Maybury :smile:

:cry:

DAMN!

Oh well, i think he will do very well at Charlton. Lets get Tom Huddlestone instead (who imho i think will be a future England player) Play him Central Midfield sitting deep playing alongside Weso who can push forward....superb cen mid that would be.

Calum Davenport?

What is it will Nial Quinn?? Does he only want irishman or what, i cant think of any other reason he would want Maybury :smile:

I think we should look at areas where we are lacking...

So what about Alan O'Brien from Newcastle? Or even better, Ivica Mornar from Portsmouth? He hardly gets any playing time and would be just what we need: A physically strong striker with decent technical ability that can play out wide too...

Legwinski seems to be out of favor at Fulham, as does Mark Pembridge...

Archived