Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

This picture makes me sad...

Some things in life are bad,

They can really make you mad,

Other things just make you swear and curse,

When you're chewing life's gristle,

Don't grumble,

Give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best.

bright_side_of_life.jpg

Filbo was good in many ways but I don't miss it at all. The atmosphere for the first season at the Walkers was fantastic but since then it's been in decline. But tbh filbo was getting a bit embarrassing, it was run down and out dated. I much prefer going to the walkers.

Filbo was good in many ways but I don't miss it at all. The atmosphere for the first season at the Walkers was fantastic but since then it's been in decline. But tbh filbo was getting a bit embarrassing, it was run down and out dated. I much prefer going to the walkers.

It was great seeing the away fans in the shed, certainly was easier hurling abuse at them from the kop!!! Good ol days............mmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Yes that was a good part of filbo, but on the whole the stadium was very poor

In hindsight I would have prefered city renovating the old stadium, the stadium we have is just another 'new' stadium with design features that are similar if not exact to most eg St Marys!!

In hindsight I would have prefered city renovating the old stadium, the stadium we have is just another 'new' stadium with design features that are similar if not exact to most eg St Marys!!

I agree with you Singh. We all would have loved for Filbos to be renovated but it wasn’t possible due to fact of all those homes around the ground. But have you got to try and move on Singh, I have days when I miss Filbert Street in the same way you do, we all have these feelings and I know it’s hard Singh.

I agree with you Singh. We all would have loved for Filbos to be renovated but it wasn’t possible due to fact of all those homes around the ground. But have you got to try and move on Singh, I have days when I miss Filbert Street in the same way you do, we all have these feelings and I know it’s hard Singh.

I feel like crying, england best win on saturday or i will cry!!! :(

' date='Jun 29 2006, 04:35 PM' post='342912']

Yeah, I was just saying it's a proper tune :thumbup:

I like that song.

Aren't you supposed to say "Choon" or letters to that effect!!

P.s. It is a fantastic song, although shockingly it's not on my "Very best of MG" album!! :mad:

P.s. It is a fantastic song, although shockingly it's not on my "Very best of MG" album!! :mad:

Although Marvin Gaye covered it and it was a hit in the UK it was never a hit for him in the States.

It was a hit for Smokey Robinson and the Miracles in the States.

Can't remember who sang it first but probably not on his greatest hits because he was covering it :unsure:

"What's going on" is much better anyway.

If you like this sort of stuff check out Bobby Womack singing "Across 110th Street" Quality!

Although Marvin Gaye covered it and it was a hit in the UK it was never a hit for him in the States.

It was a hit for Smokey Robinson and the Miracles in the States.

Can't remember who sang it first but probably not on his greatest hits because he was covering it :unsure:

"What's going on" is much better anyway.

If you like this sort of stuff check out Bobby Womack singing "Across 110th Street" Quality!

"whats going on" and "abraham martin and john" are on my version of his greatest hits

there's no "inner city blues( make me wanna holler) " though

that would be a good foxes feem choon :thumbup:

I'm too suave and sophisticated, a simple "Tune" will suffice.

Anyway, a chap called Dion sang it first according to our friend allmusic.com

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&a...l=17:19616~T00C

' date='Jun 29 2006, 10:11 PM' post='343051']

I'm too suave and sophisticated, a simple "Tune" will suffice.

Anyway, a chap called Dion sang it first according to our friend allmusic.com

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&a...l=17:19616~T00C

you're right it was dion dimucci better known as "dion and the belmonts"(runaround sue/ the wanderer etc.)

Eveyone i knew in the kop where i STOOD didnt want a new stadium kit for the club to build and paint blue.

What makes me sad is seeing those ugly flats on Filbert Street there uglier than some of the scenes outside the East Stand as the away fans scrambled to there buses.

I know times move on and the good ole days and all that. But Filbert Street was Leicester!

Cant we call the Bowl Filbert Street? what is the road its on called it should be Leicester City related

filbert way - and this is how i call it, i refuse to call it the walkers stadium / bowl.

is it true that when the club first named the old ground they could have chosen either Filbert street or Brazil street as the address; somehow i think had they have chosen Brazil street it would have had more "street cred"

is it true that when the club first named the old ground they could have chosen either Filbert street or Brazil street as the address; somehow i think had they have chosen Brazil street it would have had more "street cred"

Whichever way you look at it it's all nuts :ph34r:

Archived