Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Players Leaving

Surely there are one or two players leaving this summer? Kelly waffled on about only wanting 17-20 first team players and then 3 or 4 17-18 year old academy players to step up. Well we have about 25 first teamers plus about 3 or 4 academy players in the squad now.

Who's going? It's time someone went. I'm concerned about all these defenders we've got and those 2 crap strikers (Elvis and MDV) surely one or both of them need bouncing out aswell.

Also, how could I forget the enigma on the right wing, Momo Sylla. When's his card up? I thought some foreign teams were interested in him after his exploits in the African Nations Cup? Not a whistle since.

Let's **** 3 or 4 of them off and perhaps sign someone that will give our fans something to cheer about.

Kelly had a mean few years as an academy director and must know of some excellent youngsters to pick up, there's a few knocking about at Blackburn.

Surely there are one or two players leaving this summer? Kelly waffled on about only wanting 17-20 first team players and then 3 or 4 17-18 year old academy players to step up. Well we have about 25 first teamers plus about 3 or 4 academy players in the squad now.

Who's going? It's time someone went. I'm concerned about all these defenders we've got and those 2 crap strikers (Elvis and MDV) surely one or both of them need bouncing out aswell.

Also, how could I forget the enigma on the right wing, Momo Sylla. When's his card up? I thought some foreign teams were interested in him after his exploits in the African Nations Cup? Not a whistle since.

Let's **** 3 or 4 of them off and perhaps sign someone that will give our fans something to cheer about.

Kelly had a mean few years as an academy director and must know of some excellent youngsters to pick up, there's a few knocking about at Blackburn.

Still early days, city are still probably waiting to see if any clubs are interested in our surplus players and hope to get a fee, for example we bought Elvis for £250K, if I can remember, they may sell if some club came in for £100k!!!

Kelly waffled on about only wanting 17-20 first team players and then 3 or 4 17-18 year old academy players to step up. Well we have about 25 first teamers plus about 3 or 4 academy players in the squad now.

What about if Stearman, Sheehan, Wesolowski and Logan were the "younger" players meaning we have a squad of 21?

I'm sure Kelly never said Academy players, I thought he said young players? Could be wrong.

What about if Stearman, Sheehan, Wesolowski and Logan were the "younger" players meaning we have a squad of 21?

I'm sure Kelly never said Academy players, I thought he said young players? Could be wrong.

You might be right, I just don't think we need quite as many players as we've got considering we are constantly having to slash our wage bill.

You might be right, I just don't think we need quite as many players as we've got considering we are constantly having to slash our wage bill.

I agree. I think we need a couple of departures to cut the wage bill.

Looking at the depth of the squad. A striker should be on his way (Elvis Hammond) in my opinion and then a centre half should be off (Kisnorbo is funds are found by Wigan, but i think Gerrbrand is the worst).

So if we lose those two. It will surely cut the wage bill and allow more freedom for more incomings before outgoings.

I agree, the squad does seem a little large. Although I have a feeling we may only be seeing one pos two leave, thats if we get offers of course!

Sylla is surely surplus to requirements with Maybury, Low and Hughes all ahead of him?

Possibly to be joined by Elvis, like you said before Ric?

But if you were a manager would you sign either of them?

I think the numbers in the squad right now is about what we'd need, unfortunately Kelly has filled half of it with right sided defenders, strange man. A central defender will be off at some point, I don't think a player like Gerrbrand will stand for playing in the Reserves, at a club in the Championship.

I agree, the squad does seem a little large. Although I have a feeling we may only be seeing one pos two leave, thats if we get offers of course!

Sylla is surely surplus to requirements with Maybury, Low and Hughes all ahead of him?

In a word, no, we are stuck with them. I am guessing, but I don't think the board would have sanctioned the arrivals unless they were happy with the overall budget. Taking the academy players out of the equation, we were short of bodies last season, but I must agree with some that we seem to be a bit top-heavy with central defenders.

I certainly wouldn't sign Elvis or Sylla, but there are alot of mugs out there. Isn't it time Adams had a snaffle at a few more of our players? I rate Gerrbrand, but with us already having a stadium full of defenders he should be moved on and we should be able to get a few quid for him.

I would hate to see us sell Fryatt, Hume, Stearman, Wesolowski or McCarthy.

I certainly wouldn't sign Elvis or Sylla, but there are alot of mugs out there. Isn't it time Adams had a snaffle at a few more of our players? I rate Gerrbrand, but with us already having a stadium full of defenders he should be moved on and we should be able to get a few quid for him.

I would hate to see us sell Fryatt, Hume, Stearman, Wesolowski or McCarthy.

I rate Gerrbrand more than Nils-Eric Johanssonsoonnssnnooon cant spell his name for the hell of me.

Sylla, garbage get rid..... Hamill, send him back to the premier league of thistledom!

3 out 3 in simple really....

and then one more fruity signing to get us all buying season tickets at the last moment.

1 Robert Douglas Goalkeeper KEEP

2 Alan Maybury Defender KEEP

3 Patrick Kisnorbo Defender SELL AT RIGHT PRICE

4 Darren Kenton Defender KEEP

5 Stephen Hughes Midfielder KEEP

5 Patrick McCarthy Defender KEEP

7 Iain Hume Striker KEEP

8 Gareth Williams Midfielder KEEP

9 Mark De Vries Striker PLEASE GO ASAP...SUB AT BEST

10 Andy Johnson Midfielder KEEP

11 Danny Tiatto Midfielder NEEDS TO GET BETTER!

12 Matt Fryatt Striker KEEP (put him in cotton wool and shoot anyone within 10yrds of him)

13 Paul Henderson Goalkeeper KEEP

14 Gareth McAuley Defender KEEP

15 Nils-Eric Johansson Defender SELL

16 Joshua Low Midfielder KEEP

17 Richard Stearman Defender KEEP

18 Elvis Hammond Striker USE AS A WINGER!

19 Chris O'Grady Striker KEEP

20 James Wesolowski Midfielder

21 Alan Sheehan Defender KEEP

22 Momo Sylla Midfielder BYE!

23 Joe Hamill Midfielder M1 to CARLISLE THEN STRAIGHT ON ~

24 Patrik Gerrbrand Defender KEEP

25 Conrad Logan Goalkeeper KEEP

26 Louis Dodds Striker KEEP

29 Levi Porter Midfielder KEEP

32 Jay Smedley Defender KEEP

Ashley Chambers Striker KEEP under wraps

Max Gradel ?

Scott Lycett .....?

I rate Gerrbrand more than Nils-Eric Johanssonsoonnssnnooon cant spell his name for the hell of me.

Sylla, garbage get rid..... Hamill, send him back to the premier league of thistledom!

3 out 3 in simple really....

and then one more fruity signing to get us all buying season tickets at the last moment.

1 Robert Douglas Goalkeeper KEEP

2 Alan Maybury Defender KEEP

3 Patrick Kisnorbo Defender SELL AT RIGHT PRICE

4 Darren Kenton Defender KEEP

5 Stephen Hughes Midfielder KEEP

5 Patrick McCarthy Defender KEEP

7 Iain Hume Striker KEEP

8 Gareth Williams Midfielder KEEP

9 Mark De Vries Striker PLEASE GO ASAP...SUB AT BEST

10 Andy Johnson Midfielder KEEP

11 Danny Tiatto Midfielder NEEDS TO GET BETTER!

12 Matt Fryatt Striker KEEP (put him in cotton wool and shoot anyone within 10yrds of him)

13 Paul Henderson Goalkeeper KEEP

14 Gareth McAuley Defender KEEP

15 Nils-Eric Johansson Defender SELL

16 Joshua Low Midfielder KEEP

17 Richard Stearman Defender KEEP

18 Elvis Hammond Striker USE AS A WINGER!

19 Chris O'Grady Striker KEEP

20 James Wesolowski Midfielder

21 Alan Sheehan Defender KEEP

22 Momo Sylla Midfielder BYE!

23 Joe Hamill Midfielder M1 to CARLISLE THEN STRAIGHT ON ~

24 Patrik Gerrbrand Defender KEEP

25 Conrad Logan Goalkeeper KEEP

26 Louis Dodds Striker KEEP

29 Levi Porter Midfielder KEEP

32 Jay Smedley Defender KEEP

Ashley Chambers Striker KEEP under wraps

Max Gradel ?

Scott Lycett .....?

Hmmm - M1 to Leeds head north then turm left at Scotch Corner then join M6 and toottle up to the capital of SCumbria :thumbup:

Problem with flogging Nissa is that we lose a player who showed himself to be useful at LB - a position most agree is a problem.

Gerrbrand isn't as 'useful' in that sense - he played RB at one point, but frankly don't we have enough CB+RB players already?

We don't have many left-footed players as it is, without flogging one of them. Of all the CB's, I'd sell Gerrbrand.

Problem with flogging Nissa is that we lose a player who showed himself to be useful at LB - a position most agree is a problem.

Gerrbrand isn't as 'useful' in that sense - he played RB at one point, but frankly don't we have enough CB+RB players already?

We don't have many left-footed players as it is, without flogging one of them. Of all the CB's, I'd sell Gerrbrand.

In exact agreement with you here mate.

:cool:

Useful to who, exactly? The opposition? The lumbering oaf was dreadful at full back, we leaked goals like nobody's business from that side when he was in the team. Turning circle of the QE2.

:

It doesn't take a smart arse to know Carlise is not on the M1 now does it :whistle::whistle::whistle::thumbup:

S'okay. I believe it is a rite of passage to give young men their first road atlas when they reach the age of maturity ;)

Archived