Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Feedback from the Kelly evening - nicked from another forum

Stearman 3

McCarthy 2

Kisnorbo 3

McCauley 0

Kenton 0

Nisse 0

Gerrbrand 0

Sheehan 0

Maybury 0

Tiatto 1

Johnson 2

Williams 2

Hughes 1

Wesolowski 2

Low 0

Sylla 0

Porter 0

Hamill 0

O'Grady 2

Hammond 4

Fryatt 16

Hume 9

Dodds 2

Errr... 49. Scary.

The last season we went up, Michael Brown scored 20 goals for Sheffield United from midfield. I can't see our lot scoring much more than half that between the lot of them based on last season. How depressing.

It's not as simple as just chucking attacking youth team players at the problem.

Evidence: RYAN SMITH.

Exciting, pacy, attacking, young, vibrant, enthusiastic, energetic, good dribbler blah blah blah.

Hardly ever made us any goals. We lost all the time with him in the team and we won all the time when he left.

But of course that's not his fault, that's bad management...

Smith played during a period of time when we lost every game any of our players played. He didn't get a look in under Kelly so it is impossible to negate whetehr he would have been any good for us or not. But now we have a manager who appears to prevent us from under-achieving it makes sense that we have more than two attacking natured players in our team.

To be frank with you, i'm really scared. Although i'm desperate for Wesolowski to play, if he does play alongside Johnson then we've got 6 defenders in our team and 2 defensive midfielders. Infact Williams isn't much more adventurous either and Hughes has gone right off the boil in an attacking nature, so basically we've got 8 defenders and 3 more on the bench. If I were Leicester i'd use the spare ones as ear equipment.

Smith played during a period of time when we lost every game any of our players played. He didn't get a look in under Kelly so it is impossible to negate whetehr he would have been any good for us or not. But now we have a manager who appears to prevent us from under-achieving it makes sense that we have more than two attacking natured players in our team.

To be frank with you, i'm really scared. Although i'm desperate for Wesolowski to play, if he does play alongside Johnson then we've got 6 defenders in our team and 2 defensive midfielders. Infact Williams isn't much more adventurous either and Hughes has gone right off the boil in an attacking nature, so basically we've got 8 defenders and 3 more on the bench. If I were Leicester i'd use the spare ones as ear equipment.

I meant to focus more on Smith's lack of end product in terms of goals or assists. It comes down to the old problem doesn't it. It was nice to see Smith in a Leicester shirt at times, looking at how attacking he was etc and how the crowd went mental when the ball went near him when he first arrived, but it was much nicer to actually win a few games.

Could you just chuck Smith into the Kelly team? Who knows?

We played with a lot of defensive players at the end of last season and won a lot of games (mainly with Maybury on the right and Tiatto/Welsh/Hughes on the left). Most of the play went through the middle and yes, we did rely a lot on Gudjonsson, Fryatt and Hume to make their own chances.

It boils down to this; Two of Williams, Hughes, Johnson and Weso are going to have to step up to the plate this season. Fingers crossed.

We will do well to emulate Wolves, we will certainly play like them. :( <_<

If he got 20 goals this season it would be a fantastic achievement bearing in mind that in the past 10 years only one Leicester player has ever scored 20 goals in a season and that was Paul Dickov (2002/03) he only got 17 in the league.

Infact when was the last time a Leicester player scored 20 league goals in a season? Did Iwan Roberts ever get 20 league goals? If he didn't then it was probably Lineker about 20 years ago. ****ing hell.

If he got 20 goals this season it would be a fantastic achievement bearing in mind that in the past 10 years only one Leicester player has ever scored 20 goals in a season and that was Paul Dickov (2002/03) he only got 17 in the league.

Infact when was the last time a Leicester player scored 20 league goals in a season? Did Iwan Roberts ever get 20 league goals? If he didn't then it was probably Lineker about 20 years ago. ****ing hell.

Didn't Claridge get about 20 one season? Might have been 19 actually

Highest league goals for a season for recent(ish) strikers at Leicester:

Iwan Roberts: 19 goals, 95/95 Division 1

Steve Claridge: 11 goals 96/97 Premiership

Ian Marshall: 8 goals, 96/97 Premiership

Emile Heskey: 10 goals, 96/97 and 97/98 Premiership

Tony Cottee: 13 goals, 99/00 Premiership

Paul Dickov: 17 goals, 02/03 Division 1

Les Ferdinand: 13 goals, 03/04 Premiership

David Connolly: 13 goals, 04/05 Championship

Quite low really for most players.

Highest league goals for a season for recent(ish) strikers at Leicester:

Iwan Roberts: 19 goals, 95/95 Division 1

Steve Claridge: 11 goals 96/97 Premiership

Ian Marshall: 8 goals, 96/97 Premiership

Emile Heskey: 10 goals, 96/97 and 97/98 Premiership

Tony Cottee: 13 goals, 99/00 Premiership

Paul Dickov: 17 goals, 02/03 Division 1

Les Ferdinand: 13 goals, 03/04 Premiership

David Connolly: 13 goals, 04/05 Championship

Quite low really for most players.

Add 8 on for cup goals and I'm about bang on!

It's not as simple as just chucking attacking youth team players at the problem.

Evidence: RYAN SMITH.

Exciting, pacy, attacking, young, vibrant, enthusiastic, energetic, good dribbler blah blah blah.

Hardly ever made us any goals. We lost all the time with him in the team and we won all the time when he left.

But of course that's not his fault, that's bad management...

A bit like Tiatto then!.

And I've mentioned the misuse of Smith in the General Football.

I'm predicting a good season 'effective contribution' wise from Williams.

I also think Fryatt will score 27 goals this season.

Not without others to keep defenders occupied he won't.

The only way I could begin to think of Tiatto and Maybury in midfield is with 4-3-3 and attacking full-backs because that is the only way you might retain enough attacking potential. But why do that?

Then you would have to use one out of Wesolowski, Porter, Williams, Hammond, Johnson and one or two others It doesn't make sense.

With three strikers supplied via attacking full-backs and and a combative but competent midfield you might get 40 goals a season from the strikers, another 15 from two substitute strikers leaving 15 to come from elsewhere (still not easy but just possible with the likes of Hammond, Porter as a midfield sub, Williams and Hughes in the mix).

But having two strikers with those two in the middle...no chance.

The only way I could begin to think of Tiatto and Maybury in midfield is with 4-3-3 and attacking full-backs because that is the only way you might retain enough attacking potential. But why do that?

Then you would have to use one out of Wesolowski, Porter, Williams, Hammond, Johnson and one or two others It doesn't make sense.

With three strikers supplied via attacking full-backs and and a combative but competent midfield you might get 40 goals a season from the strikers, another 15 from two substitute strikers leaving 15 to come from elsewhere (still not easy but just possible with the likes of Hammond, Porter as a midfield sub, Williams and Hughes in the mix).

I wish I had more time to post something a bit more meaningful but I don't. Oh well.

You talk garbage, the fact you rate Elvis Hammond so highly highlights this. :D

Bye bye everybody.

You do bore me sometimes.

Stearman 5

McCarthy 3

Kisnorbo 2

McCauley 3

Kenton 0

Nisse 1

Gerrbrand 1

Sheehan 0

Maybury 3

Tiatto 2

Johnson 3

Williams 6

Hughes 6

Wesolowski 2

Low 2

Sylla 0

Porter 0

Hamill 0

O'Grady 6

Hammond 7

Fryatt 18

Hume 16

Dodds 2

= 88 goals :)

Crewe scored more goals than us last season and got relegated. It is equally important to prevent goals going in which players like maybury and Tiatto should aid

More like 6-2-2. :( <_<

Archived