Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bedford Fox

First Song you learnt?

Pink Floyd's Money on bass guitar was mine.

I got a friend to explain basic tablature to me, then I picked up my bass and attempted to play it. Took me a while to get used to it, but once I had the basics I was able to work on timing and I took it from there. :)

First I learnt on the bass was L.A.P.D. by the Offspring.

The verse has the easiest Bass Line known to man, fact.

As for the other instruments I play, I have no idea, I started a long time ago.

The only song I can remember how to play on the acoustic though is Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me) by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel

UK Subs ~ Warhead power chords

This was certainly one of the early bass lines I learnt and was constantly teaching my mates

Along with various Stranglers and Ruts songs plus other early Subs classics (CID, Tomorrow's Girls)

Thanks to this thread I just had an old school blast on my bass - I pretty much remembered how to play:

• UK Subs - Warhead
  • UK Subs - CID
  • UK Subs - Tomorrow's Girls
  • Stranglers - Princess Of The Streets
  • Ruts - Babylons Burning
  • Ruts - In A Rut

Could be some Damned & Sex Pistols on the way soon

Unfortunately it is also the last song I learned to play. I never got the hang of the whole finger positioning thing...gimme a good punk power chord anyday!

I tried Come Join Us ~ Bad Religion, but it doesn't sound that great. I make up for it by shouting.

Unfortunately it is also the last song I learned to play. I never got the hang of the whole finger positioning thing...gimme a good punk power chord anyday!

I tried Come Join Us ~ Bad Religion, but it doesn't sound that great. I make up for it by shouting.

Was wondering why our musical heritage is similar - then noticed that if you correctly entered your DOB in yer profile you are 7 months and zero days older than me :ph34r:

Thanks to this thread I just had an old school blast on my bass - I pretty much remembered how to play:

• UK Subs - Warhead
  • UK Subs - CID
  • UK Subs - Tomorrow's Girls
  • Stranglers - Princess Of The Streets
  • Ruts - Babylons Burning
  • Ruts - In A Rut

Could be some Damned & Sex Pistols on the way soon

Princess of the Streets-JJ at his best

Rattus was and probably still is one of my most played LPs

You know what I'd forgotten about Tomorrow's Girl :unsure:

Crash Course LP is quality though :thumbup:

Archived