Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

FIFA 07

I prefer pro evo but was just being nosey at the site for the new FIFA and guess which team features on a lot of the screenshots? :cool:

82717-NGC_chivas%20v%20leicester4.jpg

82718-NGC_chivas%20v%20leicester3.jpg

82719-NGC_chivas%20v%20leicester.jpg

Im guessing the whole thing about player likeness doesnt stretch to the championship teams coz Ive no idea who they're meant to be!

82717-NGC_chivas%20v%20leicester4.jpg

Nils?!

Worst likeness ever!

It's great that Leicester are even on it though, I'm a Pro Evo fan as well, but the only console I have is a Gamecube (I have to play Pro at my mates' houses) I was thinking about getting this if it comes out on the 'cube, just cos I want a football sim to play :)

Nils?!

Worst likeness ever!

It's great that Leicester are even on it though, I'm a Pro Evo fan as well, but the only console I have is a Gamecube (I have to play Pro at my mates' houses) I was thinking about getting this if it comes out on the 'cube, just cos I want a football sim to play :)

Fear not, apparently the next pro evo has the top two divisions from each major league on the game.

Fear not, apparently the next pro evo has the top two divisions from each major league on the game.

Not from what Ive heard. And even if they did then we'd probably be known as East Midlands Blues or something equally brilliant!

But back to the Pro Evo v FIFA argument - I bought the FIFA world cup game and its definately making improvements on the last few FIFA games and is catching Pro Evo up. Cant see it ever being at the same level but at least its actually playable now!

I am a devoted FIFA fan from way back in 94. I've owned both FIFA 06 and Pro Evo 5 and much preferred FIFA.

I have always seen Pro Evo as the Arcade and FIFA as the Simulation, some will disagree, but playing with "Munich Reds" and Mikel Bolok scores it doesnt give me quite the same enjoyment. A year into FIFA 06 I am still learning new tactics and have not exhausted it entirely.

Thing thing I hope with FIFA as I do every year is that they have ironed out the bugs. There always seems to be too many. Do EA not employ testers???

Also I am hoping for a bit more freedom, for example you cannot run at the goaly when they have the ball, also the Goalies never get booked for a foul.... Things which would make the game more realistic, get booked for kicking the ball away, manager on the touchline.

Hope EA cough up the goods! The tactics & skill buttons were excellent this year I hope they keep them.

I have always seen Pro Evo as the Arcade and FIFA as the Simulation, some will disagree,

Ive always viewed it the other way round. Pro Evo requires more patience and skill to carve out chances but one mistake can lead to giving a goal away at the other end. With FIFA you could win a game 4 or 5 nil with the same goal being scored each time. From the middle, chipped ball over the defence to the winger, cross in and a header loops over the keeper. My mate is FIFA through and through so have to play that when I go to his and it just gets boring after a while with almost all matches being identical. You can score from impossible angles and the keepers always fumble it into the path of an opponents striker to tap it in. :mad:

Ive always viewed it the other way round. Pro Evo requires more patience and skill to carve out chances but one mistake can lead to giving a goal away at the other end. With FIFA you could win a game 4 or 5 nil with the same goal being scored each time. From the middle, chipped ball over the defence to the winger, cross in and a header loops over the keeper. My mate is FIFA through and through so have to play that when I go to his and it just gets boring after a while with almost all matches being identical. You can score from impossible angles and the keepers always fumble it into the path of an opponents striker to tap it in. :mad:

Those are 2 faults with FIFA 06 I definately agree, far too many goals are scored from tap ins and simple unmarked crosses.

The reason I feed Pro Evo is arcadey is not because of the amount of patience you need for it, but the overall feel of the game as a whole. The graphics aren't in proportion, the crowd is unrealistic, the tackling options are poor, the fake team / player names totally puts me off!

I guess I am so used to FIFA that I am happy to live with its faults as every year it is different. As a 2 player game it is outstanding as lastnight playing my housemate, I lost 5-1 then won 6-1 then we had a 2-2 draw which went to penalties. Touche!

The reason I feed Pro Evo is arcadey is not because of the amount of patience you need for it, but the overall feel of the game as a whole. The graphics aren't in proportion, the crowd is unrealistic, the tackling options are poor, the fake team / player names totally puts me off!

To be honest things like there being an unrealistic crowd don't bother me much coz im looking at whats going on on the pitch :P The tackling is pretty dodgy at times with free kicks being given for stupid things but after a while you get around this and perfect the timing of challenges to knock the ball away from the opponent without fouling them. You know theres a thing on ebay where you can buy a memory card with all the updated team / player names and all proper kits and things? The days of manc red and West Midlands Blue are over! :D

Archived