Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

O'Grady Mk. II

There is a rumour going round on another forum that says:

Originally Posted by Boy Genius

I was told a four week ban...... not 4 matches

What I was told is that it is "an informal club suspension for 4 games" - and I was told that he is still being paid. I understand it started out as a 2-game ban but his reaction to that caused it to be doubled.

Should be available again for the Southend game.

Originally Posted by Mike Hunt Smells

What has he done?

Made his feelings known to RK - apparently.

:blink::o:huh::unsure::whistle::whistle::ph34r:

This is all abit strange. I don't know O'Grady personally but from the snippets i've heard from various people and from Kelly himself, he seems like a model professional. Got a great attitude and is desperate to succeed. Now if he's had an argument with Kelly, then unless it was something serious then i'd hope Kelly would try to resolve the situation without alienating him from the club.

I've argued with my manager over various stuff before even giving them a piece of my mind, but you don't expect a suspension for speaking your opinion unless he was completely out of order and has done something serious. We'll no doubt never know, but I hope this isn't the end of him here because he's the 3rd best striker here and the other 2 (Hammond and de Vries) are and embarrassment to the professional game.

I think what will have happened will be nothing more than a reflection of the frustration COG is feeling after working so hard to break into the team and having probably the best pre-season of anybody.

RK says he's still learning as a manager. Well things like this are part of the learning and he should be sensitive and understanding about it and make sure whatever happened is quickly forgotten.

As was said to the Roman Emperor in The Gladiator, real power lies in forgiveness.

This is all abit strange. I don't know O'Grady personally but from the snippets i've heard from various people and from Kelly himself, he seems like a model professional. Got a great attitude and is desperate to succeed. Now if he's had an argument with Kelly, then unless it was something serious then i'd hope Kelly would try to resolve the situation without alienating him from the club.

I've argued with my manager over various stuff before even giving them a piece of my mind, but you don't expect a suspension for speaking your opinion unless he was completely out of order and has done something serious. We'll no doubt never know, but I hope this isn't the end of him here because he's the 3rd best striker here and the other 2 (Hammond and de Vries) are and embarrassment to the professional game.

I agree with everything you said but although Elvis Hammond might be a embarrasment he tries so hard and works his socks off. He might not get 20 goals a season but hes something different. But you can slag De Vries off.

Cheers, you can have your turban, I is stiking wit me culchore to ave a wkd Burberry cap cos I is well ard and dserve respek, aiiii!!!

:P

I is gettin de Burberry Turban, but me not wasting it on dis forum, it's well too dapper, you know wat is sayin geeze!!!!! :P

And O'Grady isn't that much better.

Just to clear another thing up :thumbup:

Not often I disagree with you Barton Fox but I think COG is a valuable player at our level.

He's fit, mobile, holds the ball well, can compete in the air, can await support in wide positions, brings other players into the action and can score goals given the chance, which he's not really had at Leicester.

He also links extremely well with a lot of the Reserve/Academy players who know exactly the sort of runs he makes and give him close backing.

I have seen him play some excellent games but under Kelly he has simply played cameo rolls and then has been asked to do a perhaps important but fairly negative job more often than not.

Rather than being ordered to lead the attack and score he seems to have been told to hold the ball and retain possession while we play out time. And he's done that.

But his capabilities as a striker shouldn't be judged because he's following orders or because other people are in the principal striker role.

Unusually I have to agree with Thracian. I don't think that anyone can judge whether O'Grady is good enough at this level yet. He simply hasnt had enough opportunity to prove himself. Only ever providing a cameo appearance where he has performed adequately though not setting the world alight.

To truely judge him I think he'd have to get a run of games starting in the first team. At some point this season perhaps due to injury i think he'll get his chance to prove the likes of Barton fox right or wrong.

Not often I disagree with you Barton Fox but I think COG is a valuable player at our level.

He's fit, mobile, holds the ball well, can compete in the air, can await support in wide positions, brings other players into the action and can score goals given the chance, which he's not really had at Leicester.

He also links extremely well with a lot of the Reserve/Academy players who know exactly the sort of runs he makes and give him close backing.

I have seen him play some excellent games but under Kelly he has simply played cameo rolls and then has been asked to do a perhaps important but fairly negative job more often than not.

Rather than being ordered to lead the attack and score he seems to have been told to hold the ball and retain possession while we play out time. And he's done that.

But his capabilities as a striker shouldn't be judged because he's following orders or because other people are in the principal striker role.

I saw him during his time at Rushden and i didnt rate him then and it is a big step up we are asking him to achieve over the space of a year.....

I think he is a long way off of challenging Fryatt of Hume for a starting place....

I am sorry I have seen enough of him to know that he isn't up to it.

That is 2 consecutive managers who have over-looked him for Elvis Hammond. The fact he 'was on fire' against our preseason opposition tells it's own story.

Tommy Wright mkII

I am sorry I have seen enough of him to know that he isn't up to it.

That is 2 consecutive managers who have over-looked him for Elvis Hammond. The fact he 'was on fire' against our preseason opposition tells it's own story.

Tommy Wright mkII

Kelly didn't over-look him though. Kelly was the one that gave him his chance at the expense of Elvis last season. What's happened the past week i'm not sure, but having witnessed the Luton game i'd say O'Grady completely outshone the comical Hammond and it's outrageous that Elvis gets a place ahead of him.

Kelly didn't over-look him though. Kelly was the one that gave him his chance at the expense of Elvis last season. What's happened the past week i'm not sure, but having witnessed the Luton game i'd say O'Grady completely outshone the comical Hammond and it's outrageous that Elvis gets a place ahead of him.

But the fact he has tells it's own story.

I think Kelly has been generally pleased with the way COG has played. I didn't see him at Rushden but he sure impressed for the Reserves and his record with the first team since Kelly took over seems pretty good, game for game, by current standards.

Archived