Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

Wellllllll.

I would MUCH prefer us to have success on our own merits, rather than just giving it us on a plate.

WHAT?????

Let me get this straight, you would rather we flounder around with all that debt we'll never be able to pay off avoiding relegation every season, that is if we don't drop???

Jesus H. Christ <_<

Anyone got the News of the World today

From another forum (Talking Balls - so Steven should be able to vouch for it)

Whether true or not do you see this as good news or bad?

Great news, although a month ago he was reportedly interested in wolves in a big way.

good news as his reported interest my make someone else make a bid, like what happened at villa, plus it would mean 1 of 2 things, either kelly gets given more transfer funds or we buy the ground back. that is of course if its true

If he bought the remaining debt for the stadium, he may well take on the interest for himself, and use it to help the team.

In some ways I believe we are stalled because of the Board's lack of realism.

At least one player, perhaps two, should have been sold in the summer - and I said so before the season started.

That's one of the reasons I wanted Kelly appointed so quickly, so plans could be made and contingencies allowed for.

You might think I'd love us to have a team full of Bobby's Babes charging in cavalier towards the title - and one day I might - but for now we've got to sell half of the players we develop and get that ground purchased.

You talk about me being backwards, but it is clear substantial offers were made and I wouldn't have been backwards at all, I'd have taken the money and considered that one major step towards our goal had been taken.

Realistically, as far as youth development is concerned, keeping two out of four is the best we can realistically expect if we want our ground to become a tangible asset rather than a leaden liability anytime soon.

Yes but all the above becomes a much smaller issue if we are bought out and we wont have to sell any of our players that actually do look like they can add something to our team.

Great news, although a month ago he was reportedly interested in wolves in a big way.

That was just hacks adding 2 and 2 and getting 89.

The reason for the wolves connection was Milan is friendly with some top chaps @ Wolves.

So people drew their own conclusions.

What links does he have to Leicester? What links did he have before he went to Portsmouth? Did he have any real connections?

I'm staggered.

Some of you lot would sell your soul for 40 miserable pieces of silver.

Yes I would particularly if it meant I was going to survive.

This club is perfectly capable of looking after itself given any sort of luck in the next few years.

I'm not going to spell it out but we've pretty well enough assets to survive in this League as it is.

Sell a couple (I'm not going to say which though I have my views) and pay nearly half the debt off without irretrievably weakening the side.

Then bring the next group through over the next 12/18 months: Dodds, Gradel, Sheehan and Chambers.

Plan to sell two more and that's the problem pretty well solved solved.

Is it bollox, we are in debt and struggle to meet the interest payments and your grossly inflated opinion of our younger players is laughable. No one is going to pay us the kind of money you dream of for mediocre players such as Porter, O'Grady even Stearman.

I swear you are on LSD.

No need for a group of foreign mercanaries who don't have any connection or specific interest in our football club other than what it can do for them.

As opposed to superstars like Richaed Stearman who are casting their eye elsewhere thinking they are big time Charlie.

I wouldn't be altogether comfortable but I can equate with people like Martin George who have shown a long term interest in Leicester City and a few others with some mileage under their belts where City are concerned but foreign speculators, no thanks.

I too would be delighted to welcome Martin George back, but the situation this Club is in we need investment and yesterday.

Hullfox may say where's the affinity of investors in other clubs but I don't give a shit about other clubs. I've said before. Leicester should set its own standards and its own agenda.

I don't want our club thrown to some random speculator like some piece of meat to a predator.

Well we'll just sit back and live within your Utopian LCFC world then.

We've survived 100 years without those sort and we can survive some more. And go forward thank you very much.

Yes but for 100 years we were not saddled with an unserviceable debt in the region of 30 million pounds.

Well considering the success of portsmouth was naf all to do with him, and mostly to do with harry then i think that this guy will make naf all difference. Doubt he wil put much money into the club hense why he wants to go to a club that is already equipt to go up. sounds like a waste of time to me, and an overestimated deal. (if its true)

Well considering the success of portsmouth was naf all to do with him, and mostly to do with harry then i think that this guy will make naf all difference. Doubt he wil put much money into the club hense why he wants to go to a club that is already equipt to go up. sounds like a waste of time to me, and an overestimated deal. (if its true)

Perhaps the only reason Harry chose Pompey over various other teams that were in for him (including ourselves) was because they had a chairman with money which made them a more attractive prospect?

In some ways I believe we are stalled because of the Board's lack of realism.

At least one player, perhaps two, should have been sold in the summer - and I said so before the season started.

That's one of the reasons I wanted Kelly appointed so quickly, so plans could be made and contingencies allowed for.

You might think I'd love us to have a team full of Bobby's Babes charging in cavalier towards the title - and one day I might - but for now we've got to sell half of the players we develop and get that ground purchased.

At present those two aims are mutually incompatible.

At the moment the only way we'll ever buy the ground is if we get promoted to the Premiership and stay there.

But in order to reach the Premiership we should be aiming to keep as many of the youngsters as possible.

If they are good enough, it will cut down the money we'll need to spend on new signings if and when we go up.

Perhaps the only reason Harry chose Pompey over various other teams that were in for him (including ourselves) was because they had a chairman with money which made them a more attractive prospect?

Maybe, i guess your right but has this guy pumped that much i dont havent seen it if he has, most of pompeys signings have been snap up deals of players who were just dropping out of contracts, which is what we should be doing!. would be nice to see some money in the club, but like someone said earlier we have gone over 100 years without people like that and done reasonably well, why should we start throwing away the were all in it together away by letting this guy come in and make it im in it on my own with my big wallet. and as for debts! well if we go into admin again linekar ul save us :P

Wake up and smell the coffee!

This man has NO affinity with us or our club.

If this story has even a grain of truth in it (and given its origin I don't believe it for a second) than we have to ask ourselves what he has to gain from investing in our club.

We are not a basket case like Portsmouth, who languished in obscurity for decades (and will do so again in due course) before Mandaric came on the scene.

The ownership rules are there for a reason - to prevent us from falling prey to spivs, sharks and asset-strippers.

Unless and until Mandaric can convince us he does not belong in any of these categories, we should not touch him with a bargepole!

yes , we should forever struggle on with amateurs with no money.

we have no money and no big money men at the club , we cant attract any decent managers and it was only good fortune that kelly turned out to be good enough to have us avoid relegation.

thing with good fortune is , unless you start to make things happen it runs out and then you end up a yesteryear club languishing in the bottom divisions unknown.

Well considering the success of portsmouth was naf all to do with him, and mostly to do with harry then i think that this guy will make naf all difference . Doubt he wil put much money into the club hense why he wants to go to a club that is already equipt to go up. sounds like a waste of time to me, and an overestimated deal. (if its true)

I doubt Harry would have had the success he has had at Portsmouth without Mandaric's money so the reality is that Mandaric made all the difference!

I doubt Harry would have had the success he has had at Portsmouth without Mandaric's money so the reality is that Mandaric made all the difference!

If it wasn't for MM, Pompey would probably be in League 2 or out of business.

i cant see it happening either but city just cannot keep limping along with this debt hanging around the neck , dragging us down. this club needs some investment or a massive slice of luck and i doubt god is an lcfc fan , more probably he supports chelski at present.

Example = Portsmouth

Example = Reading

We will get nowhere without money, Mandaric taking over would be a great thing for the club, and would certainly get us promoted much quicker than if he doesn't take over. We'd have money, players would be attracted to us, we'd have financial stability. If we want to become a Burnley, or a Stoke, then we can stay how we are, but the only way we're going to fast-track ourselves into the top flight again is if someone like Mandaric comes in and profides the funds needed to buy quality players. I'm sure some of the beloved youngsters will get a chance too, but to compete with the relegated clubs, and even Coventry or Derby now that they have some cash, we are going to need money, that's all there is to it. I'm sure most of you would swap our position for Portsmouth's right about now.

as for debts! well if we go into admin again linekar ul save us :P

If we went into admin again we'd be finished. The league would see to that.

But some posters are so blinkered they'd rather see that happen than have our current owners stay in control... :rolleyes:

As would WE be if our current owners hadn't rescued us.

But what gratitude do you show them?

Oh I am sorry I forgot that makes them immune from valid criticism 3 years down the line.

What have they done since? They have taken us to the worst 3 year period in recent times and have attracted little or no outside investment because they don't have the gumption to do so.

Still lets keep on this course and we'll be okay, eh :thumbup:

Archived