Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

I've been at V festival all day so excuse me if i've missed most the 10 pages. I assume most of it boiled down to people arguing whether Milan Mandaric was worthy to take over Leicester etc etc.

For me it is a silly argument....tho like I say for all I know you could have all agreed with me.

Mandaric is hardly the greatest man in the world but imho he is better than what we have now. Whether he cares about leicester or not he'll be prepared to pump money into the club which no1 has done so for a bloody long time.

He might not support the club but what exactly does that mean. I support the club but have no money to lend, the guys in charge allegedly support the club but it seems have never stumped up their own cash. If he wants to pay for the clubs rehabilitation I say welcome him with open arms, he may not love the club but in time Mandaric will be sucked in by leicester's charm.

We should take what we can get, if we are attractive to Mandaric we should be wearing a short skirt and thong

How can you say the current board haven;t put in their own cash? How else do you think they bought the club?

Milan Mandaric doesn't want to pay for the club rehabilitation. He wants to put in money so he can take out more in a few years. Might be fun n the meantime, but unless their is an unlimited number of Russians wanting to buy clubs I can;t really see how we would be in a better position. He isn't going to give the club £30m to buy the stadium and pay everything off. He might take on the debt himself, and be flexible in the short term to allow some signings. I the end the club will still have a loan for the Stadium, and probably still be in the championship.

As Thracian has said again and again, since when was football about buying success? Much more fun to build with a bunch of youngsters into something special with players we know and who love the club. :thumbup:

How can you say the current board haven;t put in their own cash? How else do you think they bought the club?

Milan Mandaric doesn't want to pay for the club rehabilitation. He wants to put in money so he can take out more in a few years. Might be fun n the meantime, but unless their is an unlimited number of Russians wanting to buy clubs I can;t really see how we would be in a better position. He isn't going to give the club £30m to buy the stadium and pay everything off. He might take on the debt himself, and be flexible in the short term to allow some signings. I the end the club will still have a loan for the Stadium, and probably still be in the championship.

As Thracian has said again and again, since when was football about buying success? Much more fun to build with a bunch of youngsters into something special with players we know and who love the club. :thumbup:

You have to remember I'm considered very old fashioned and out of touch with reality. :whistle:

Just a quicky, I left this thread on Sunday with 4 pages and now I can't be bothered to read the next 7!!

But did this article ever appear?? Why is there no mention on the BBC 'Gossip' columns about it??

Is it just a completely erroneous story made up with nothing to back it up??

:huh::dunno:

Just a quicky, I left this thread on Sunday with 4 pages and now I can't be bothered to read the next 7!!

But did this article ever appear?? Why is there no mention on the BBC 'Gossip' columns about it??

Didn't see it myself, but there was apparently a very small entry in the NOTW.

Good debate either way, though!

Who cares???? :P

It did appear in the NoTW yesterday as I read it....

Seems strange no one else has picked it up though. Could be rubbish. I've heard Mandaric is looking for another club and the suggestion that he'd like one able to ply their trade in the premiership (in terms of stadium, infrastructure, reputation) etc, suggests that perhaps journalists have put 2 and 2 together and come up with us.

Not sure how attractive an investment we'd be with all the debt however? Be interesting to see a list of Championship sides and how much 'debt' we're all in.

Who, just out of interest, said that just because he wants (allegedly) to take over, whould he boot the acadamy, it makes financial sense to have an acadamy, alongside any purchase of Experienced players.....

We will NOT escape this league via youth team... but that is not me saying we have to play 11 35year olds....

The previous record you mention is an indictment on previous regimes.

And the change since Kelly arrived at the club is evidence of the progress being made by the club.

You doubt my "seven" will make it. If defining "making it" is winning a regular place in League football:

Stearman has done it.

Wesolowski would undoubtedly be a regular but for his injuries.

O'Grady has been a regular substitute already.

Sheehan has already in winning matches for the first team.

Porter has already done the same.

Dodds goalscoring record suggests he's sure to succeed.

Gradel has such rare talents that his chances are high.

Chambers is arguably the best of the lot.

Logan is probably a better goalkeeper now than any others we have.

That adds up to nine on reflection.

Even if two go down I'd have a friendly bet with you that my prediction proves correct - that seven will be regular League team footballers within two years.

your posts shock and amaze me at what a blinkered existance you sometimes have just to name a few...

Tommy Wright

Jon Stevenson now playing for the mighty Tamworth

Stuart Wilson playing for footballing giants Stamford

Stuart Campbell

Jon Ashton

Steffan Oakes

many many young players who look like being excellent footballers at the age of 16 - 18 who appear for the first team at a young age take the fast track to football obscurity! I am sure you would have worshiped Tommy Wright as a young player and would have probably put a £2million price tag on his head and look how he turned out!! same as Jon Stevenson I expect after he scored that screamer at Ipswich you would have not sold him for less than £3million!!!

and as for waffeling on about Martin George well the bloke didn't give a sh it when we most needed him did he!!!

yeah it did in the same column as an article about Preston signing STEVE Parking from Ipswich when he is actually called SAM just to give it a little more credibility.......

yeah it did in the same column as an article about Preston signing STEVE Parking from Ipswich when he is actually called SAM just to give it a little more credibility.......

That's PARKIN, FYI!!!!!

I'm sensitive about this!! :P:thumbup:

your posts shock and amaze me at what a blinkered existance you sometimes have just to name a few...

Tommy Wright

Jon Stevenson now playing for the mighty Tamworth

Stuart Wilson playing for footballing giants Stamford

Stuart Campbell

Jon Ashton

Steffan Oakes

many many young players who look like being excellent footballers at the age of 16 - 18 who appear for the first team at a young age take the fast track to football obscurity! I am sure you would have worshiped Tommy Wright as a young player and would have probably put a £2million price tag on his head and look how he turned out!! same as Jon Stevenson I expect after he scored that screamer at Ipswich you would have not sold him for less than £3million!!!

and as for waffeling on about Martin George well the bloke didn't give a sh it when we most needed him did he!!!

I wouldn't rate any of those as highly as our current bunch. But we'll undoubtedly see.

Who, just out of interest, said that just because he wants (allegedly) to take over, whould he boot the acadamy, it makes financial sense to have an acadamy, alongside any purchase of Experienced players.....

We will NOT escape this league via youth team... but that is not me saying we have to play 11 35year olds....

You never win anything with Kids as George Graham once said...

Scholes, the Nevilles..local lads and Becks was just a kid from the East End.

yeah but thats a fair sized pond for Alex to dip his net into... frankly he also has a phenomenal scouting network from about the age of 5...

yeah but thats a fair sized pond for Alex to dip his net into... frankly he also has a phenomenal scouting network from about the age of 5...

Even United's pond has had good season's and bad while Leicester's has offered pretty meagre sport. However, for once in our history we seem to have some finer fish and I'd like to hope we don't waste them. I imagine Kelly feels the same judging by the amount of time he's putting in with some of them.

Even United's pond has had good season's and bad while Leicester's has offered pretty meagre sport. However, for once in our history we seem to have some finer fish and I'd like to hope we don't waste them. I imagine Kelly feels the same judging by the amount of time he's putting in with some of them.

I dont disagree, but dont expect them to get past bigger and more experienced squads without assistance...

and that takes some cash sadly. :unsure:

Archived